Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most boxing forums suck we have a decent corner of the internet here.. I browse other sites and its fucking absolutely terrible props to the community

No need to see a trilogy. We all know Canelo waited for GGG to get old. GGG showed his decline in the 1st fight showed even more in the 2nd fight a 3rd fight would let Canelo get a clear win and more credit than he would ever deserve for that win.

Fuck a trilogy.

This shit is ill

GGG anticipates a body shot .. Canelo either adjust the trajectory of the punch or knew what GGG was anticipating and baited him.. Canelo has some ill situps.. Ask Kirland/Khan

This shit is ill

GGG anticipates a body shot .. Canelo either adjust the trajectory of the punch or knew what GGG was anticipating and baited him.. Canelo has some ill situps.. Ask Kirland/Khan

I agree with the bold but the underlined are 2 boxers with terrible ring IQ's.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-shreds-canelo-ggg-ppv-time-hbo-leave-boxing--131936

Arum Shreds Canelo-GGG PPV: Time For HBO To Leave Boxing!

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum ripped apart the overall telecast of last Saturday night's HBO Pay-Per-View from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas - which was headlined by the middleweight rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.

The pay-per-view undercard was filled with one-sided wipeouts.

Roman Gonzalez brutally knocked out Moises Fuentes in five rounds, David Lemieux crushed Spike O'Sullivan in one round, and Jaime Munguia blew out Brandon Cook in three rounds.

Because the pay-per-view started an hour early (5PM PST/8PM EST) and PPV undercard was so brief, thousands of fans in the arena - and those watching the PPV telecast - were unfortunately forced to wait for a extremely long period of time before the main event fighters were scheduled to enter the ring.

Arum was so upset with the way the PPV telecast was handled - he believes the moment has come for HBO to finally leave boxing.

"Let me tell you, the people who did that telecast should be horse-whipped. They had nothing fights on the undercard. And now this is the big boxing fight of the year, and to have people with television and in the arena sit around for nearly two hours waiting for the fight to start - what the hell was that? You have to have somebody with some planning," Arum told SiriusXM Boxing.

"They start the thing at 5PM [PST]. Why the hell would you start it at 5PM? Well, maybe the fights go the distance. The chances of those fights going the distance were remote. They were one-sided fights with guys who were knockout punchers. The fact that they got [nine] rounds out of three fights is a miracle. All three could have ended in the first round.

"It was between an hour and a half and two hours [where people were waiting]. I have never seen anything like it. At the beginning, they played an interview with Canelo and an hour later they played the interview again. It was the most horribly produced telecast for a big pay-per-view event that I've ever seen - and maybe it's appropriate that the time is right for HBO to get out of boxing."

Due to budget cuts, HBO's boxing content has been very thin in 2018, and many insiders believes the end is near for the network's relationship with boxing. The network is losing fights, and fighters, to their three main competitors - Showtime, ESPN and DAZN.

Arum: Spence Doesn't Want Crawford; We're Ready When He Is

LAS VEGAS – Bob Arum claims Errol Spence Jr. is saying everything except what he really means.

Every time Spence speaks about him and Terence Crawford residing on different sides of a proverbial promotional street, it further reinforces to the Hall-of-Fame promoter that Spence wants no part of Crawford at any point soon. A welterweight title unification bout between Spence (24-0, 21 KOs), the IBF champion, and Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs), the WBO champion, is one of the most intriguing boxing matches that can be made.

Arum, whose company promotes Crawford, still doesn’t think it’ll happen in the foreseeable future because Spence doesn’t want to test himself against Crawford.

“Spence, the genius, [said], ‘Well, we’re on one side of the street, he’s on the other side,’ ” Arum told BoxingScene.com during a recent interview. “That’s a guy that doesn’t wanna fight Crawford. Any time he’s ready to fight Crawford, we’ll make that fight. We’ll make it happen.”

The 28-year-old Spence emphasized in the immediate aftermath of Shawn Porter’s unanimous-decision victory over Danny Garcia that he is more interested in 147-pound title unification fights with Porter (29-2-1, 17 KOs), who won the vacant WBC title by beating Garcia on September 8 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, and Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC), whenever the often-injured WBA champion returns. If the strong southpaw can beat Porter and Thurman, it would make his pay-per-view fight against Crawford a bigger event.

Arum’s Top Rank Inc. has a content partnership with ESPN, but he said that won’t prevent Spence-Crawford from happening. He has no problem working with Showtime, the network that showcases Spence, on a joint pay-per-view venture whenever Spence is ready to make that fight.

“Eventually I think I’ll be able to make a Spence fight because the money will be so big and we’ll be reasonable, and we’ll share things and everything,” Arum said. “I’m not gonna play games anymore. I mean, we have a real trust that we’ve been given by ESPN. And not be boxing schmucks anymore, to put on real events in boxing for the public. And if that means sharing or doing a deal, we’re prepared to do that. Nobody wants selfishness anymore.”

Crawford, meanwhile, is scheduled make a voluntary defense of his WBO 147-pound championship against Phoenix’s Jose Benavidez Jr. (27-0, 18 KOs) on October 13 at CHI Health Center in Omaha, Nebraska, Crawford’s hometown.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-spence-want-crawford-were-ready-he--131937

I agree with the majority of your post.

Lara really beat Canelo and he was robbed more so IMO than GGG in the first fight with Canelo.

The Floyd of the last few years of his career would've been KO'ed by the old GGG that fought Saturday. The only chance Floyd would've had years ago would've been a Floyd that could dance for 12 full rounds and that Floyd was gone even when GGG talked that anybody from 154-168 could get it bullshit. There is a reason Floyd never took that fight. GGG was WAY to powerful and big for Floyd. Floyd is way better than GGG could ever be but the power and size of GGG would just be too much for a Floyd who could dance and pot shot GGG for 12 full rounds.

GGG old now don't let what he showed in his last 2 fights against Canelo cloud your judgement of who he was at his absolute best. That man was ducked for years for a reason. Just GGG ducked Andre Ward for a reason.

I can't think of anyone that ducked GGG. Except maybe Billie Joe. The were talking all the 154-168 shit he could've moved up and got tougher comp. I'm not buying that he old shit now either, ain't like he been in hella wars, he just finally fought good competition. Who was he at his best? I just don't see what others see in dude. Now they will use that old excuse to give him a pass from the Andrades and Charlo's etc.

aalso i don't think canelo waited for GGG to get ol. he jumped up there as soon as he could.. canelo is small as fuck...

well was.. he's grown to that weight now..

and i think a 3rd fight makes the best sense for the both of them...
wanna know why??

upload_2018-9-18_13-35-49.png

they the best two in the division... that had two razor close, and really exciting fights. and they not making more money against anybody else..

for each other they're the toughest fight and the highest paying fight..

fight 3 makes perfect sense....

I can't think of anyone that ducked GGG. Except maybe Billie Joe. The were talking all the 154-168 shit he could've moved up and got tougher comp. I'm not buying that he old shit now either, ain't like he been in hella wars, he just finally fought good competition. Who was he at his best? I just don't see what others see in dude. Now they will use that old excuse to give him a pass from the Andrades and Charlo's etc.

You wasn't paying attention to boxing if you saying no one ducked him. Saunders is recent. Sergio Martinez and Cotto(Small for 160 but he had the belt) ducked GGG thats just off the top of my head without google. Canelo waited till he got older thats just a fact. GGG is 36 a persons body age regardless of if they have been in wars or not. IMO the GGG that fought Saturday would beat Charlo. I could see Andrade beating GGG though.

Floyd wasn't in wars either but as he got older he slowed down and his body was breaking down. Shit ain't got nothing to do with wars its just nature. Wars just makes what comes along with nature come even faster. There is a reason people say "Father time is undefeated"

GGG ducked Ward. That still don't mean GGG wasn't ducked himself.

Last edited:
aalso i don't think canelo waited for GGG to get ol. he jumped up there as soon as he could.. canelo is small as fuck...

well was.. he's grown to that weight now..

and i think a 3rd fight makes the best sense for the both of them...
wanna know why??

View attachment 72587

they the best two in the division... that had two razor close, and really exciting fights. and they not making more money against anybody else..

for each other they're the toughest fight and the highest paying fight..

fight 3 makes perfect sense....

This some bullshit Du. Canelo been fighting at 154 since 2010. His camped bitched about the Floyd fight being at 152 instead of 154. Then he said he wasn't a middleweight as to why he couldn't fight GGG but fought Chavez jr. at 164lbs. Before he fought GGG at 160.

Make that make sense. How you not a middleweight but fight at 164 lbs before you fight 160lbs. You can't say it was for the money cause Canelo made more money for the GGG fight individually than he did for the Chavez jr. fight. Add to that nobody wanted to see Canelo vs Chavez jr.

Yall on some bullshit. Tell the truth.

I'm not even saying GGG washed up but he on the down side of his prime easily IMO.

A 3rd fight is pointless between Canelo and GGG.

Last edited:
You wasn't paying attention to boxing if you saying no one ducked him. Saunders is recent. Sergio Martinez and Cotto(Small for 160 but he had the belt) ducked GGG thats just off the top of my head without google. Canelo waited till he got older thats just a fact. GGG is 36 a persons body age regardless of if they have been in wars or not. IMO the GGG that fought Saturday would beat Charlo. I could see Andrade beating GGG though.

Floyd wasn't in wars either but as he got older he slowed down and his body was breaking down. Shit ain't got nothing to do with wars its just nature. Wars just makes what comes along with nature come even faster. There is a reason people say "Father time is undefeated"

GGG ducked Ward. That still don't mean GGG wasn't ducked himself.

Sergio was probably at the end of his career. But yea u right about cotto, and like u said he was small so he was never gonna take the fight. Bruh I kno bout Father Time and getting older but I think it's bullshit that when he steps up in comp and has tough fights and not running through niggas he old all of a sudden. I think that's an excuse and if that's the case he need 2 retire.

But personally I don't wanna see a 3rd fight.

Sergio was probably at the end of his career. But yea u right about cotto, and like u said he was small so he was never gonna take the fight. Bruh I kno bout Father Time and getting older but I think it's bullshit that when he steps up in comp and has tough fights and not running through niggas he old all of a sudden. I think that's an excuse and if that's the case he need 2 retire.

But personally I don't wanna see a 3rd fight.

Sergio was basically on his way out but he wasn't shot or washed up. It's just a fact GGG is old. Has nothing to do with him not running through fighters. Just cause a person is old is not taking away from a person's victory over said old person. Old or not Canelo was still liable to beat GGG. That also doesn't change the fact that Canelo waited a few years to where shit was more in his favor that a few years prior. Please don't mistake me saying GGG being old is the reason why Canelo won or got a draw. Even though Canelo gets favorable decisions he can still fight good as shit. No mistake about that.

I wouldn't say GGG to retire cause he not shot or washed up. Its just his performance will probably be up and down from here on out especially depending on the caliber of opponent he faces.

Old, young or prime when a fighter faces better opponents they usually don't run through them. Nobody called GGG old when he fought Jacobs. Its just the competition was better. Truth be told Jacobs could've made the GGG fight sooner if he wanted to.

Just as important as who you fight is when you fight them.

Sergio was basically on his way out but he wasn't shot or washed up. It's just a fact GGG is old. Has nothing to do with him not running through fighters. Just cause a person is old is not taking away from a person's victory over said old person. Old or not Canelo was still liable to beat GGG. That also doesn't change the fact that Canelo waited a few years to where shit was more in his favor that a few years prior. Please don't mistake me saying GGG being old is the reason why Canelo won or got a draw. Even though Canelo gets favorable decisions he can still fight good as shit. No mistake about that.

I wouldn't say GGG to retire cause he not shot or washed up. Its just his performance will probably be up and down from here on out especially depending on the caliber of opponent he faces.

Old, young or prime when a fighter faces better opponents they usually don't run through them. Nobody called GGG old when he fought Jacobs. Its just the competition was better. Truth be told Jacobs could've made the GGG fight sooner if he wanted to.

Just as important as who you fight is when you fight them.

We on the same page, I just been hearing that he old shit in media etc. yea Canelo get all the close calls but we know what that is. Fuck that shit tho, I'm ready to see boo boo against Billie joe.

Back