Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do we think Fury has disgraced boxing allowing a novice to not only leapfrog all legitimate contenders - but then probably losing to that novice too?

People are going overboard with this. Ngannou is a novice boxers, yes, but he's a champion level combat sports star. People making it seem like he's some YouTuber that got in a real ring for the first time and somehow managed not to crumble.

Teddy Atlas summed it up best. Ngannou is a strong puncher, has a strong chin, and has been in championship fights before. Fury embarrassed himself, but he didn't embarrass boxing. I thought from the start that he was a bad matchup against Ngannou, so I didn't think Ngannou would do as well as he did. But at the same time, I knew Fury wasn't going to be able to really hurt Ngannou, which means Ngannou always had a puncher's chance in the fight.

As much as I love Tyson, he did really train Ngannou, I thought it was all for publicity... Looked like he was as much a trainer as John Fury, they were there to help to sell the fight...

I don't know if Tyson was Ngannou's main trainer or not, but he definitely trained him. They had been working together a little before Ngannou even landed the fight with Fury.

I don't know if Tyson was Ngannou's main trainer or not, but he definitely trained him. They had been working together a little before Ngannou even landed the fight with Fury.

I think he done a few sessions tops... Hence why he wasnt in Ngannou's corner on fight night, its was all to add promotional hype... Mike doesnt have time to spend hours everyday in the gym with him... Plus Mike is riddled with arthritis and sciatica so cant really hold pads, he can only really give advice and pointers...

Im not saying Mike cant or didnt impart great advice and wisdom though...

People are going overboard with this. Ngannou is a novice boxers, yes, but he's a champion level combat sports star. People making it seem like he's some YouTuber that got in a real ring for the first time and somehow managed not to crumble.

Teddy Atlas summed it up best. Ngannou is a strong puncher, has a strong chin, and has been in championship fights before. Fury embarrassed himself, but he didn't embarrass boxing. I thought from the start that he was a bad matchup against Ngannou, so I didn't think Ngannou would do as well as he did. But at the same time, I knew Fury wasn't going to be able to really hurt Ngannou, which means Ngannou always had a puncher's chance in the fight.

One dynamic I think people keep ignoring is that he’s a heavyweight boxer, when they say one punch can change a fight? They’re using heavyweight to completely summarize that point. Francis didn’t let Tyson wrestle him because he is used to that in MMA, he couldn’t lean on him.

Plus I think Fury was on a little something, how much times man’s touched his nose?

I don't give a fuck about exhibition fights. I don't care about the Paul Brothers fighting retired fighters. I don't care about boxing/MMA mix ups... All that shit is whatever. Let them make their money. As long as it doesn't interfere with the main boxing picture...

But this shit did.

It's like they stopped the world series cuz a really good minor league team wanted to test themselves against a world series contender..... And now we gotta postpone the world series by a few months so we can have this "exhibition" then the world series contender damn near loses the fucking game.

Active champions and contenders shouldn't be doing these exhibitions...

However for Francis... He seems legit enough to keep it up for a while. But he needs to earn his next fight against a champion.

He's 0-1

He needs to be registered and tanked by a legit sanctioning body and work his way up.

Best thing he got going for him is celebrity. Any of the top 20 would jump at the chance to fight him to get to headline a card... And if he becomes successful... Then his next title shot would be warranted

But this fight was dumb as fuck.

The undisputed unified heavyweight fight pushed down the line so one of the champs can damn near get knocked out by a UFC guy... Fucking ridiculous.

The closet thing to this was Floyd doing the big show shit.... at least big show is a safe worker in a controlled scripted environment. Last thing big show ever wanted to do was hurt Floyd.

Francis was really tryna take this nigga head off

But this fight was dumb as fuck.

The undisputed unified heavyweight fight pushed down the line so one of the champs can damn near get knocked out by a UFC guy... Fucking ridiculous.

The closet thing to this was Floyd doing the big show shit.... at least big show is a safe worker in a controlled scripted environment. Last thing big show ever wanted to do was hurt Floyd.

Francis was really tryna take this nigga head off
lol You know better than everything you just said. Boxing doesn't work that way. Fights almost never happen when they should. Ngannou fight or no Ngannou fight, we still probably wouldn't have gotten the Usyk fight any quicker. Fury was playing games way before the fight with Ngannou was even a thing. Fighters push out the big fights as long as they can and take what they believe to be safe fights in the meant time. This is not different outside the fact that the "safe" fight Fury chose was an MMArtist and not a boxer.

lol You know better than everything you just said. Boxing doesn't work that way. Fights almost never happen when they should. Ngannou fight or no Ngannou fight, we still probably wouldn't have gotten the Usyk fight any quicker. Fury was playing games way before the fight with Ngannou was even a thing. Fighters push out the big fights as long as they can and take what they believe to be safe fights in the meant time. This is not different outside the fact that the "safe" fight Fury chose was an MMArtist and not a boxer.
The usyk fight was signed right after the ngannou fight was announced

The usyk fight was signed right after the ngannou fight was announced

Yes, that means Fury was on some bullshit, which is what Usyk had been accusing him of even before Ngannou. Remember when the talks for Fury and Usyk were first happening. Ngannou was rumored to be trying to fight Wilder. Fury/Ngannou didn't become a thing until after talks with Usyk broke down.

They broke down cuz Fury wanted the payday of the ngannou fight, and he'd take the usyk afterwards... Essentially postponing the unified fight for a payday against a 0-0 unranked opponent....

A tune up with a mandatory makes more sense than a guy 0-0

They broke down cuz Fury wanted the payday of the ngannou fight, and he'd take the usyk afterwards... Essentially postponing the unified fight for a payday against a 0-0 unranked opponent....

Saudi money is irresistible

Francis made 10 mil for the fight which is more that he would have ever made dealing w UFC so the gypsy prolly got like 20 mil

Sure a tune up makes more sense, but it effectively would have done the same thing that you're complaining about. It would have delayed the important fight.

The Ngannou fight was way more interesting that hand picked to lose HW #12.

Back