Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Boots..

Boots ready. Whether he wins or not is not important. He's the hottest contender right now. He's a mandatory for the ibf...

And if Bud and Errol didn't exist he would 100% be a title holder at 147..... So he 100% deserves a title shot.

I got Bud as a strong favorite... But boots is ready to fight at that level....

Philly! Yeah, I'd have Bud winning too but I'd be rooting hard for Ennis.

Bud can be the B-hop of 147...

And considering the up and comers.... This could be a crazy run.

Right, if Bud can still make 147 @ 40

He can hold the titles the entire time
I don't have any of the current welterweights junior welterweights or lightweights really taking that from him

Defending all 4 titles the next 4-5 years would be legendary

That fight was an example of great counter punching against a opponent who was convinced his attack would eventually garner results...

Honestly after watching that fight, I think Bud really just has Spence number. Bud is such a sharp, precise, and hard hitting counter puncher, he'll always catch guys like Spence who are aggressive like that. Spence will always take punishment to get in his body attack... The problem last night was the punishment was way too much. 99% of fighters don't counter like Bud... So more times than not Spences strategy to keep attacking thru the storm will work.... Just not against Bud.

I wouldn't mind to see a rematch. But it'll be more of the same imo. Styles make fights, and Bud style will eat off of Spence's attack every time

Like the old adage goes. Styles make fights. If Crawford is a bad matchup, Spence doesn't really have a chance unless he changes his style. It takes a really really good fighter to be able to switch shit up enough to make a difference against someone as elite as Crawford.

Like the old adage goes. Styles make fights. If Crawford is a bad matchup, Spence doesn't really have a chance unless he changes his style. It takes a really really good fighter to be able to switch shit up enough to make a difference against someone as elite as Crawford.
I don't know what adjustments he can make, but I think he's smart enough to try to figure it out if they gonna rematch.... I'd be interested to see it

I don't know what adjustments he can make, but I think he's smart enough to try to figure it out if they gonna rematch.... I'd be interested to see it

I don't know. I think this might be a Fury/Wilder situation, but I could be wrong. Spence is a more skilled fighter than Wilder, so he may be more capable of adjusting.

I don't know. I think this might be a Fury/Wilder situation, but I could be wrong. Spence is a more skilled fighter than Wilder, so he may be more capable of adjusting.
Thing is, what Bud beat him on was timing and counters.... What Spence built his legacy on was pressure and body attacks.

Spence would have to become a complete different fighter... But still push the action enough to win rounds.... All Bud has to do is stay patient and wait for the same openings....

It's way more work on Spence to adjust for a rematch. Bud plan A worked perfectly

Thing is, what Bud beat him on was timing and counters.... What Spence built his legacy on was pressure and body attacks.

Spence would have to become a complete different fighter... But still push the action enough to win rounds.... All Bud has to do is stay patient and wait for the same openings....

It's way more work on Spence to adjust for a rematch. Bud plan A worked perfectly

Exactly. That's why I don't know if a rematch is worth it. Crawford just seems like a bat matchup for him.

Mike Tyson actually said something like that before the fight. He said he liked Spence's style better than Crawford, but he didn't really see what Spence would be able to do against Crawford.

Exactly. That's why I don't know if a rematch is worth it. Crawford just seems like a bat matchup for him.

Mike Tyson actually said something like that before the fight. He said he liked Spence's style better than Crawford, but he didn't really see what Spence would be able to do against Crawford.
Spence has a style that's easy to like. He'll gladly take several shots to land his attack.

He just couldn't handle Buds attack to land those same shots that folded everybody else...

And once Bud made the adjustments for Spences attack he was able to defend and counter at a pace no one else has been able to thus far.. It wasn't an exposure by far.... It was something most fighters simply couldn't and can't do.. which is why I took issue with people calling it easy.

That's e not alotta fighters that can do what Bud did last night m Spence still beats pretty much everybody else with that same in pressure attack.

Like even in the combo that ended the fight, Spence was still coming forward... I think about Castillo/Corralled.... Cuz that's exactly how that fight went. It just took that one good shot to change everything. Spence just couldn't get it to land. And I think that's why he wants the rematch, cuz he still thinks he can land it

.. but watching Bud style and response to Spence.... It might not ever land.... But I'm sure we'll see in the fall

Back