FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Had to break this down to a dude the other day..

If you play shaq 1 on 1 is he gonna shoot 3's all game and try to cross you up?

Naw that's not his game....

Everybody boxer don't have the same game either. Spence is much heavier handed and attacked the body much more aggressively than crawford does....

So comparing speed of ko doesn't rate range of skill.... Just style preference...

It was the same thing with the Floyd / Connor fight.... Niggaz was trying to prove a point cuz floyd aint get Connor out there early...

I was like that's not good Floyds game.... There's prollyv well over 100 boxers who could have ko'd Connor that first round who personally know they not as good as floyd.

Its more ways to dominate an opponent without knocking them out early

Dont get me wrong i totally get what u are saying and respect that. Styles make fights. There are many different ways to win. But horn is doo doo. And at times during the fight Crawford could have been way more dominant with the style he was fighting. I think Spence vs Crawford is a great fight. I personally lean Spence, but i wouldnt be suprised if Crawford found a way to win because he is also great. I am just saying in the reference to Jeff Horn , Spence makes him mince meat. Crawford did win convincingly, however he could have dragged Horn. But there is also a possibility that Crawford was carrying Horn some rounds also

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/crawford-spence-impossible-without-ppv-says-arum--129245

Crawford-Spence is Impossible To Do Without PPV, Says Arum
By Steve Kim

The potential unification match-up between IBF welterweight champion, Errol Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) and WBO titlist Terence Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs) is one of the very best that can be made in the sport of boxing.

After both scored emphatic victories the past couple of weeks, there is now a clamoring for the two to collide.

Two weeks ago, Crawford dominated and stopped Jeff Horn to capture the WBO title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. And last weekend, Spence demolished mandatory challenger Carlos Ocampo in one round to retain his belt in Frisco, Texas.

There are some hurdles in the way, namely that Spence is aligned with Premier Boxing Champions and Showtime, while Crawford is promoted by Top Rank, which has an exclusive content deal with ESPN.

But with pay-per-view those hurdles could be cleared as both sides could share in the distribution of the event and the economic proceeds that come from it.

"That is absolutely correct," stated Crawford's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, to BoxingScene.com.

"I mean, it is impossible in my opinion to do this fight Crawford against Spence either on ESPN or Showtime without pay-per-view because the legitimate demands for both fighters, and considering what they are both paid in the past, would just make it prohibitive. It would blow Showtime's budget, it would have a big dent in our budget."

Crawford, in his last outing versus Horn on June 9th, was reportedly paid in the neighborhood of $3 million. To satisfy the financial demands of both boxers and involve both networks the pay-per-view platform is the only way to go says Arum.

"So I really think that I would love to sit with [Spence's manager Al] Haymon and with [Showtime Sports head Stephen] Espinoza and really work this out so it isn't just idle conversation," Arum said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/ugas-some-point-spence-face-me-get-stripped--129248

Ugas: At Some Point Spence Will Have To Face Me or Get Stripped
By Elisinio Castillo

Cuban welterweight contender Yordenis Ugas is not planning to back away from his mandatory world title shot at current IBF king Errol Spence (24-0, 21 KOs).

Ugas, ranked in the number two position by the sanctioning body, is next mandatory challenger in the wings.

This past Saturday night in Frisco, Texas - Ugas (22-3, 11 KOs) scored four knockdowns of his amateur rival Jonathan Batista for a dominant stoppage win in the second round. In the main event of the same card, Spence demolished mandatory challenger Carlo Ocampo in the first round.

Because Spence just made a mandatory defense, he will get the opportunity to make one or two optional defenses.

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Spence downplayed the challenge of Ugas and said that he would rather fight someone like Jessie Vargas.

But Ugas cautions that Spence will eventually have to face him - or suffer the same consequence as Gennady Golovkin, who was recently stripped of his IBF middleweight title for failing to make a mandatory defense.

"Well, [Spence] has to think hard about what his next step will be, because he already beat a challenger who did not deserve it," Ugas said to George Ebro.

"He talks about taking care of his legacy, but he can not face another lower level opponent. That would not help. Spence has, by law, an optional defense against an opponent of his choice. First, he can not choose a small opponent because of his legacy. Second, at some point he'll have to face me because the rules of the IBF require it. And if not, then it's the same case of Golovkin.

"I respect Vargas a lot, who has been a world champion, but I think that in boxing I'm above him. So I think Spence is wrong when he talks about [how a fight with me would] not helping him build his legacy. No, it's that I think I can stop his legacy. If a fight between Spence and Terence Crawford is negotiated, I would be the first to step aside. They would find me sitting in the front row."

Someone desperately wants that Free smoke from Spence...

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-i-let-joshua-face-wilder-with-an-8-week-camp--129264

Hearn: I Won't Let Joshua Face Wilder With an 8-Week Camp!

The clock is still ticking to finalize a unification showdown between heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.

Their contest was initially targeted for September 15 at Wembley in London - but that date is apparently out the window as the negotiations have continued to drag out - and to make matters worse the Gennady Golovkin-Canelo Alvarez rematch was finalized for the same date on HBO Pay-Per-View.

Because of the scheduling issues, the fight - if finalized - would be more likely for a date in October or November.

Hearn wants Joshua to have a proper training camp for this contest - so he won't allow the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO world champion to fight Wilder with a shortened camp.

He feels an eight week camp would not be enough for a fight of this magnitude.

"I'm not letting Anthony Joshua fight this fight with an eight-week camp, because this is everything, this fight," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"Everything that he's built towards, his whole professional career, maybe his whole boxing career is built towards this moment. We're not just going to go 'oh yeah, let's just dive in and do it on a date that doesn't give us the best prep time.

"I think more realistically, October, November is a solution, but that does rule out the place where we wanted to stage it, which is Wembley, so lots to try and resolve, but we want the fight, we're prepared to sign for the fight now. They'll see the contract, they won't see anything out of the ordinary, then we'll go from there."

Joshua and his head trainer Rob McCracken are getting impatient and want their next opponent set down - whether it's Wilder or a mandatory defense against WBA challenger Alexander Povetkin of Russia.

"They want to get moving," said Hearn. "They boxed the 31st of March, so he's had a nice break. He's sort of just started ticking over now, but they would like to know. They would like a decision. They feel like Povetkin is a very, very tough fight. They feel like Wilder is a very, very tough fight, but AJ is up for fighting them both."

I took some real shitty pictures but it was dope being at the fight on Saturday

Got a couple pictures with Shakur Stevenson outside the venue before it started, dude is mad chill and down to earth

Fortuna flopping in order to get the no context was hilarious, the crowd was mad as fuck lol

Post them pics.

Also Bob is a dick, but yea let them nice get that ppv money.

Bob always saying why a fight can't happen when he knows he's rich and powerful enough to be solution driven...

Dude could have easily called showtime and pbc to negotiate a ppv deal instead of going to his media outlets and trying to play Niggaz as usual.

"It would blow showtimes budget and put a dent in ours"

That's the same fucking reason Floyd left, same reason Oscar left.

Don't tell me why a fight is impossible.... Just make it happen or I'll leave and do it in my own

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-wants-ggg-canelo-drop-topic-clenbuterol--129275

WBC Prez Wants GGG, Canelo To Drop The Topic of Clenbuterol
By Miguel Rivera

The president of the World Boxing Council, Mauricio Sulaiman, is pleading with both Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin to turn away from the issue of clenbuterol and simply focus on what will happen in the ring on September 15 - when the two boxers are scheduled to collide in a rematch at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

For several months, Golovkin has been slamming Canelo for a pair of drug tests which came up positive for clenbuterol back in February - and caused their initial May rematch date to fall apart.

Golovkin accused Canelo is being a longtime user of performance enhancing drugs.

Canelo has stood firm on his explanation of consuming contaminated meat.

To prevent any negative pre-fight publicity, Sulaiman wants the two boxers to focus on the fight - and forget the past.

"I feel that that (Canelo's drug testing issue) is already in the past. The tests did not show that he ingested (intentionally) a prohibited substance, everything indicates that it was contaminated by means of food, a number of subsequent tests have been done in which he was clean, and I think that chapter should now be turned over," Sulaiman said to ESPN Deportes.

"The attention must already be focused on what happens in the ring, and if Canelo wins, he should be recognized for his victory. Canelo has already signed up for the VADA anti-doping program (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency). The fight will be inside the Clean Boxing Program and surprise tests will be made for both.

"He has to prove that he can beat Golovkin, Canelo is already a mature and experienced boxer, he is a boxer who has reached some very high places, but the champion is Golovkin and he has to show that he can deal with him and beat him."

Sulaiman confirmed that for this fight there will be a special belt adorned with Chiapas textile details.

Typical Canelo jock riding from the WBC...

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/sho-espinoza-expects-spence-back-one-more-2018--129270

SHO's Espinoza Expects Spence Back For One More in 2018
By Steve Kim

In the immediate aftermath of Errol Spence taking care of mandatory challenger Carlos Ocampo in one round this past weekend in Texas, the defending IBF welterweight champion said that his return to the ring may hinge on being able to get the winner of Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter, who are scheduled to meet for the vacant WBC 147-pound belt.

Garcia and Porter are scheduled to collide in the coming months, likely August or September.

But returning to the ring before the end of 2018 isn't necessarily predicated on getting the winner of that bout.

Stephen Espinoza, the head of Showtime Sports told BoxingScene.com on Tuesday afternoon - "The reality is (Spence) is a little off calendar in terms of Porter-Garcia, whether that happens in August or September or whenever it is. They're not going to be ready for another fight in December, which is probably when Errol wants to go at the last.

"So I think he'll have to take another opponent and get to that fight early next year."

After fighting just once in 2017, Spence has performed twice this year. Stopping Lamont Peterson in seven rounds on January 20th at the Barclay Center in Brooklyln, New York, in addition to his homecoming fight in Frisco, Texas on Saturday night.

And now the undefeated champion is eager to come back for at least a third fight before the year is out.

"Errol's been very clear, he's been very clear with us at the end of last year - he wants to fight three times this year and I think that's realistic, especially when the middle fight is a first-round KO. So in terms of wear-and-tear on his body, he's good," stated Espinoza.

Who continued by saying, "So I do think we will see him on Showtime before the end of the year."

https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-not-interested-signing-with-arum-de-la-hoya-hearn--129289

Spence Not Interested In Signing With Arum, De La Hoya or Hearn
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – You can’t blame Bob Arum, Oscar De La Hoya and Eddie Hearn for wanting to spend some of their vast resources on signing Errol Spence Jr. to a promotional contract.

The likeable, skillful welterweight is an emerging star who’s in his physical prime and knocks out opponents. Spence appreciates their interest, but the undefeated IBF 147-pound champion simply isn’t interested in making a contractual commitment to a promoter.

The 28-year-old Spence (24-0, 21 KOs), who’s advised by Al Haymon, works with promoters Tom Brown and Lou DiBella on a bout-by-bout basis.

Brown and DiBella are among the promoters that market shows featuring fighters affiliated with Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions organization. Brown’s TGB Promotions put together the card headlined by Spence’s first-round knockout of overmatched mandatory challenger Carlos Ocampo (22-1, 13 KOs) on Saturday night in Frisco, Texas.

Beyond that, though, Spence told a small group of reporters Tuesday at a Manhattan restaurant that he won’t sign with a promoter. The powerful southpaw from DeSoto, Texas, is satisfied with how he is being both marketed and compensated.

“I feel like basically Showtime is my promoter right now,” said Spence, whose past three fights have been broadcast by Showtime. “They’re promoting me. They’re promoting me, so I feel like if I don’t have to [sign with a promoter], why do it? I mean, I’m fighting on TV, I’m getting the main slots and basically doing what I wanna do, basically without have somebody basically telling me who I’m fighting or where I’m fighting at, things like that.

“Basically, my manager comes to me and says, ‘Do you wanna fight here?’ Or, ‘Do you wanna fight this opponent?’ And I have say-so in it. Everything’s been going good now. I’m getting publicized. I’ve been fighting on TV. My name’s been out there. Why change something? Everything’s going good. Everything’s running smoothly and I don’t believe I need to change anything or I need to add anybody to my team right now. … What could I possibly need a promoter for me to do that I’m not already getting done with the team I have now?”

Hearn was expected to try to sign Spence once he announced Matchroom Boxing USA’s new streaming deal with deep-pocketed Perform Group last month. According to Spence, that hasn’t happened.

“I haven’t gotten anything from Eddie Hearn,” Spence said. “Golden Boy was pursuing me. Top Rank was pursuing me. But they get that from my interviews. I tell them I don’t need a promoter, I’m not looking for a promoter. You know, we’re setting a new trend where you can do stuff without a promoter. And just the fact that everybody feels like you need a promoter to be this top guy, you really don’t.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-responds-errol-spences-stance-on-promoters--129302

De La Hoya Responds To Errol Spence's Stance on Promoters
By Steve Kim

Oscar De La Hoya, the founder of Golden Boy Promotions, read with great interest as undefeated IBF welterweight champion, Errol Spence, stated that he really didn't need a traditional promoter handling his career.

Spence has received several offers, but told BoxingScene.com that he's not interested in signing with Eddie Hearn, Top Rank or De La Hoya.

Spence wants to continue being a free agent.

'The Golden Boy' reached out to BoxingScene.com to respond to Spence's comments.

"I have have response to him and to tell him that he's wrong," said De La Hoya, on Wednesday afternoon.

"I strongly believe that a fighter needs a promoter to guide your career. You can have a manager, you can have an adviser. He thinks Showtime is promoting him and that's not the case.

"You need a promoter to move you along and eventually become a pay-per-view fighter, which he will never be without a promoter."

Case in point, was Oscar's own legendary career which was mapped out by Bob Arum and Top Rank, who developed him into a pay-per-view franchise.

"Exactly and look, my case was totally different because I already had that world-wide platform when I won the gold medal. So it was easier to promote me," said De La Hoya, who captured the public's imagination at the 1992 Summer Games in Barcelona, Spain.

"But you're right, if I didn't have Arum to guide my career, who knows where I would be. Who knows where I would be if I had a manager/adviser guiding my career."

De La Hoya continued, "See, a promoter promotes you. A promoter has a plan, a long-term plan to eventually make you a pay-per-view star and look, there's a reason why there's one superstar in boxing - and that's (Saul) 'Canelo' Alvarez. There's a reason why there's only one fighter in boxing that sells pay-per-view - and that's 'Canelo' Alvarez.

"Therefore we have that vehicle, we have that platform to showcase with the pay-per-view audience. He might be a great fighter - and I'm talking about many fighters out there - but there's a reason why you're only making a couple of million dollars and not making 10, 15, 20 million dollars."

Ran into Gary Russell jr. yesterday. That nigga little as shit but he was cool as hell. Talked to him for few minutes. Said he trying make the Santa Cruz fight next and if they do it probably be in Vegas.

Claressa Shields fighting Hanna Gabriels for a middleweight belt on Showtime right now.

Shields got put down with an up in the first round.

They banging.

Last edited by a moderator: