Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why did i watch that shit...if i was actually there i would have been mad as fuck but what else can i expect...but damn this nigga know he was gon kill the dude take it light the first few rounds..make the fight last a lil bit. Spence disappointed his damn self

Underwhelming as fuck,not that i expected much but damn atleast draw that shit out for a lil bit i hate 1st round kos

https://www.boxingscene.com/david-benavidez-stays-with-lewkowicz-returns-top-rank-funds--129021

David Benavidez Stays With Lewkowicz, Returns Top Rank Funds
By Rick Reeno

The legal battle didn't last too long.

Last week, promoter Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing officially filed a lawsuit in the Southern District Court of Florida - against WBC super middleweight champion David Benavidez, Top Rank, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, and boxing manager/adviser Billy Keane.

Sampson Boxing claimed that on or about May 18th of this year, Keane convinced Benavidez to accompany him for a meeting with Arum to discuss a new promotional contract with Top Rank.

On or about May 18, Arum allegedly contacted Lewkowicz and allegedly told him that his promotional agreement with Benavidez was "weak" and "unenforceable" - and that Benavidez had signed a new promotional contract with Top Rank. Arum then allegedly offered Lewkowicz a sum of money to co-promote Benavidez under the new agreement with Top Rank.

It's stated in the legal documents that Arum paid Benavidez an advance of $250,000 as part of his new deal with Top Rank.

There was only one problem, Benavidez (20-0, 17 KOs) had signed a new promotional contract with Lewkowicz in November of 2017 - and that contract, according to the documents attached to the filed complaint, is valid until 2021.

Benavidez had been scheduled to fight Matt Korobov in a Showtime televised fight on July 28th in Los Angeles - as the co-feature to Mikey Garcia vs. Robert Easter.

But because of the legal situation, Benavidez was removed from the card and will now face his mandatory challenger Anthony Dirrell, which the sanctioning body ordered a few weeks ago.

Lewkowicz has advised BoxingScene.com that Benavidez will remain with his company, and adviser Al Haymon - and the boxer returned the $250,000 signing bonus to Top Rank.

Lewkowicz intends to continue his lawsuit against Keene.

"I'm very happy that Benavidez is back home. I expect my lawyers and Bob Arum to finalize everything this week and continue our friendship. This was a misunderstanding. There are no bad feelings because they were misled. However, I intend to continue my lawsuit against Keane. He misled Top Rank, he misled Benavidez, he misled Bob Arum - and he's going to get everything that is coming to him. He will not get off for free. He has a lawsuit pending in Florida and shortly he will have another one pending in California," Lewkowicz told BoxingScene.com.

Scammer Bob has gone 0 for 2 in last couple of weeks at stealing another promoters fighters...

I see Spence being up on the cards then in the 12 bud come out fresh and stop him late

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-names-amir-khan-possible-foe-terence-crawford--129226

Arum Names Amir Khan as Possible Foe For Terence Crawford

Two weeks ago, Terence Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs) made a statement in the welterweight division by dominating and stopping Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) to capture the WBO welterweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

It was Crawford's first bout at 147-pounds - after capturing world titles at junior welterweight and lightweight.

As BoxingScene.com reported last week, Crawford will headline an ESPN televised date in October.

Crawford's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, advised Michael Woods of the Everlast “Talkbox” podcast, that he plans to "get the best possible opponent at the time” to fight Crawford in the fall.

One of those opponents is the recently returned Amir Khan (32-4, 20 KOs), who back in April snapped a near two-year layoff to blow away Phil Lo Greco in one round.

Khan has been calling for a bigger fight in the fall - and specifically for a world title fight.

Arum likes the idea of a Crawford vs. Khan showdown.

According to Arum, Khan is a "free agent" when fighting in the United States. Earlier this year, he signed a multi-fight deal with promoter Eddie Hearn, who is based in the UK.

“Amir Khan could be a possibility, I have to talk to him. He’s a free agent if he fights in the US. And I’m sure there are others,” Arum said.

Hearn would surely have something to say about that.

He's trying to build up a domestic mega-bout between Khan and Kell Brook - and Crawford would be a big favorite to upset that scenario in beating Khan. Hearn is hoping to match Khan and Brook by the end of the year or early 2019.

Some of the other possibilities on Arum's radar include WBA "regular" welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (should he beat Manny Pacquiao next month), Jose Benavidez and Carlos Adames. Like Crawford, both Benavidez and Adames are promoted by Top Rank and would likely be far easier fights to make.

After watching both the Spence and Crawford fights again. One thing is obvious to me at least. There is no way in hell Jeff Horn would have lasted 9 rounds versus Spence.
Had to break this down to a dude the other day..

If you play shaq 1 on 1 is he gonna shoot 3's all game and try to cross you up?

Naw that's not his game....

Everybody boxer don't have the same game either. Spence is much heavier handed and attacked the body much more aggressively than crawford does....

So comparing speed of ko doesn't rate range of skill.... Just style preference...

It was the same thing with the Floyd / Connor fight.... Niggaz was trying to prove a point cuz floyd aint get Connor out there early...

I was like that's not good Floyds game.... There's prollyv well over 100 boxers who could have ko'd Connor that first round who personally know they not as good as floyd.

Its more ways to dominate an opponent without knocking them out early

Back