Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

I'ma just say this here instead of a PM or whatever

I like this section. It's easily one of my top 5 threads I'm always checking to see what's going on.

I enjoy the different perspectives, the occasional trolling and the friendly banter that goes on between everyone.

I will apologize publicly for any of my actions that have allowed some of you to have an unfavorable opinion of me. A lot of times I'm in on the joke as well, but it doesn't always reflect in the wording choices I use when I respond.

@Beta, we haven't always seen eye to eye on things dating back to the IC, BB, and now even here, but i dont wish any harm to you on here or in your real life. We aren't always going to agree on views and even how we approach those views, but we can still exist in the same spaces without conflict and turmoil and be respectful towards one another. I don't have any biases towards you and I don't want my actions in this thread to take away from the actual discussion that is generated here. As far as I'm concerned, this is water under the bridge and I'ma do my best to not try to come off like I'm attacking you with my opinions. If there is an opportunity to address an issue i may happen to have with you in the future, I will be more strategic about how I approach it.

While that goes specifically for him, it's not excluded to him. That goes for anyone who at any time may have felt a way about my comments/actions in this part of the site.

I apologize to anyone this may apply to.

Good luck for the rest of the season for all of your respective teams.

AP

I'ma just say this here instead of a PM or whatever

I like this section. It's easily one of my top 5 threads I'm always checking to see what's going on.

I enjoy the different perspectives, the occasional trolling and the friendly banter that goes on between everyone.

I will apologize publicly for any of my actions that have allowed some of you to have an unfavorable opinion of me. A lot of times I'm in on the joke as well, but it doesn't always reflect in the wording choices I use when I respond.

@Beta, we haven't always seen eye to eye on things dating back to the IC, BB, and now even here, but i dont wish any harm to you on here or in your real life. We aren't always going to agree on views and even how we approach those views, but we can still exist in the same spaces without conflict and turmoil and be respectful towards one another. I don't have any biases towards you and I don't want my actions in this thread to take away from the actual discussion that is generated here. As far as I'm concerned, this is water under the bridge and I'ma do my best to not try to come off like I'm attacking you with my opinions. If there is an opportunity to address an issue i may happen to have with you in the future, I will be more strategic about how I approach it.

While that goes specifically for him, it's not excluded to him. That goes for anyone who at any time may have felt a way about my comments/actions in this part of the site.

I apologize to anyone this may apply to.

Good luck for the rest of the season for all of your respective teams.

AP

Bruh with all due respect, these types of posts are ruining shit around the whole board. Just post your natural reaction to something you see and keep it moving.

This goes for everyone, not singling you out. Im seeing these types posts more and more and that shit is forcing seriousness in a place where the majority of us come for foolishness.

I come here for the shit talking that comes with legit bball talk. Bball talk I can get anywhere. This brand of shit talking I can only get here since we all been posting here/on the ic for years. Keep it like that. If a few feelings are hurt along the way fuck it, it happens.

Just my two cents. Last thing any of us want are 5 pages of talking bout this shit.

Bruh with all do respect, these types of posts are ruining shit around the whole board. Just post your natural reaction to something you see and keep it moving.

This goes for everyone, not singling you out. Im seeing these types posts more and more and that shit is forcing seriousness in a place where the majority of us come for foolishness.

I come here for the shit talking that comes with legit bball talk. Bball talk I can get anywhere. This brand of shit talking I can only get here since we all been posting for years. Keep it like that. If a few feelings are hurt along the way fuck it, it happens.

Just my two cents. Last thing any of us want are 5 pages of talking bout this shit.
i appreciate the perspective...always have

but who am i to say how someone should react to something

I can only control me and the words that I type and not how someone perceives them

AP I appreciate the accountability and the apology

I’m still gonna talk shit just like how I talk shit to everybody here because that’s what I’m used to and that’s what makes this place what it is. Otherwise it’s a watered down and neutered version of what it’s supposed to be. It’s all in fun and it’s all jokes and none of it is personal

I may come off as a jerk at times but I’m really saying things mostly In jest while explaining my various points and opinions. But sometimes it might just be a joke with nothing attached to it and sometimes I might be 100% serious. But just know there’s nothing personal I don’t have a vendetta and I don’t carry grudges like other members might over basketball comments. I hope we can find a common ground and you can PM me if you ever have an issue or maybe need an explanation.

AP I appreciate the accountability and the apology

I’m still gonna talk shit just like how I talk shit to everybody here because that’s what I’m used to and that’s what makes this place what it is. Otherwise it’s a watered down and neutered version of what it’s supposed to be. It’s all in fun and it’s all jokes and none of it is personal

I may come off as a jerk at times but I’m really saying things mostly In jest while explaining my various points and opinions. But sometimes it might just be a joke with nothing attached to it and sometimes I might be 100% serious. But just know there’s nothing personal I don’t have a vendetta and I don’t carry grudges like other members might over basketball comments. I hope we can find a common ground and you can PM me if you ever have an issue or maybe need an explanation.
let the jokes fly man

its all good

see ya'll at the blender

I heard Masai Ujiri might seriously consider that knicks position at some point

To me its a leverage play. Masai trying to follow what Pat did. And rightfully so. Either hes gonna finesse this to get a percentage of the raptors or the Knicks.

If Im Masai, the only way I evem consider the Knicks is if Dolan gives me a piece. Not a huge piece, but a good 2-5%

To me its a leverage play. Masai trying to follow what Pat did. And rightfully so. Either hes gonna finesse this to get a percentage of the raptors or the Knicks.

If Im Masai, the only way I evem consider the Knicks is if Dolan gives me a piece. Not a huge piece, but a good 2-5%

what's a realistic chance you think this happens?

I personally think, from the limited info i know about him, Dolan might be an undercover racist on the low and just goes through the motions of hiring black staff to throw people off the scent

what's a realistic chance you think this happens?

I personally think, from the limited info i know about him, Dolan might be an undercover racist on the low and just goes through the motions of hiring black staff to throw people off the scent

I wouldnt doubt Dolans racism, but to me I think Dolan is a racist who is ignorant of his racism. Hes the type of person who is scared of black people until he gets to know them. All this is super speculation. But if im right that would mean since he knows Masai and respects Masais' accomplishments, his racism wont play a part on his decision on Masai.

But all that aside, do i think it will happen? Nah. From a business standpoint, giving a chunk of a team worth 4+ billion, which will probably get over 6 billion on the open market, and the team that is actually makes 200+ million a year in profit makes no sense.

But also from a business sense, lets say Pat was actually given a percentage of the Knicks in the 90s, and say the Knicks had all the success the Heat had, the team would be worth way more than the 4 billion today. If they are worth 4+ billion being the worst team in the NBA for the past 20 years, imagine what they would be worth if they had 3 rings in 20 years.

So looking from that perspective, if Dolan believes Masai could do with the Knicks what Pat did with the heat, he might think its worth it.

From Masais' perspective, i cant imagine why he would even entertain working on a Dolan owned team other than for a 100 million contract and ownership. I really think this is all leaked by his team to give him leverage to get a piece of the raptors.

Whichever team though, I hope Masai rapes some teams pockets. Fuck all these owners.

Back