Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Nike (NKE - Get Report) shares fell Tuesday after China's state-backed broadcaster said it would stop airing NBA games as the fallout from a tweet from the Houston Rockets general manager threatened reprisals against U.S. companies operating in the world's third-largest economy

Fuck China.

They got an episode of South Park taking down because they made and episode about how they controlling movies and shows.

Basically saying that South Park was right

im with @AZTG about morey

why has he been silent about the shit happening right here where he make his bread at, but wanna publicly speak on some shit that has nothing to do with him

im with @AZTG about morey

why has he been silent about the shit happening right here where he make his bread at, but wanna publicly speak on some shit that has nothing to do with him

Wish firing him was an easy move just for this. I never had an opinion on Morey outside of basketball until this. Shit got me mad cause he stayed shut on issues but wants to tweet about a situation thousands of miles again.

If pop or kerr or van gundy said free HK i wouldnt have batted an eye, especially cause im on some free HK shit myself, but i aint trying to hear that shit from Morey when he never talked about issues here

Westbrook looked understandably rusty but I loved the mentality of pushing the pace and I saw more off ball movement this morning from him than have in years

I talked before about the Gordon and Russ fast break was going to be a problem but I think we're going to really make sure tailor there minutes together

The Beard ready

Hate to say it but Im concerned about PJ holding up and his shot specifically

Rebounding sucks

Really intrigued by Ben Mclemore's shooting especially when hes sprinting out to the corner in transition

I like being able to keep teams off balance by slowing the tempo with Harden and letting iso or having Russ grab and go

For Toronto Siakam looked really good, looks like he might be ready to take that next step

This is a good learning experience for the NBA though.

The NBA wants to be the league that supports all form of social justice, and thats a huge reason why some of us support it.

But on the flipside, the NBA wants to do business with countries that have gross human rights violations. In this case China. Its one thing to do business in a country and disagree with them and be allowed to publicly disagree with them. Its another thing to do business with a country that has so much control of their media that they can wipe out your existence on the internet. Thats some hardcore control. Mfers in China literally are getting no results when they search NBA on their search engines, social media etc.

And its not just China. We all celebrated the Africa league popping off but some of the countries involved in it are just as bad as China.

And now they are considering a league in India, which might not be as bad as China but they have tons of religious persecution, almost no real rights for women, and still got a caste system.

Imo the NBA should still try to get money in all these places, but they need to either decide on training all their staff and team staff/players on staying all the way out of regional politics, or go all the way with their social justice movement they been on.

This is a good learning experience for the NBA though.

The NBA wants to be the league that supports all form of social justice, and thats a huge reason why some of us support it.

But on the flipside, the NBA wants to do business with countries that have gross human rights violations. In this case China. Its one thing to do business in a country and disagree with them and be allowed to publicly disagree with them. Its another thing to do business with a country that has so much control of their media that they can wipe out your existence on the internet. Thats some hardcore control. Mfers in China literally are getting no results when they search NBA on their search engines, social media etc.

And its not just China. We all celebrated the Africa league popping off but some of the countries involved in it are just as bad as China.

And now they are considering a league in India, which might not be as bad as China but they have tons of religious persecution, almost no real rights for women, and still got a caste system.

Imo the NBA should still try to get money in all these places, but they need to either decide on training all their staff and team staff/players on staying all the way out of regional politics, or go all the way with their social justice movement they been on.
Didn't realize all this was going on

That's fucked up

Back