Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Silver needs to be in full support of morey imo. Can't let them censor your league for profit. Niggas gotta run everything they say past China.

He needs to pull the Lakers and nets out of there asap.
Will Adam silver think about being loyal to a GM in his league or will he have his eyes on the dollars as the NBA is constantly trying to expand and make a profit globally?

Will Adam silver think about being loyal to a GM in his league or will he have his eyes on the dollars as the NBA is constantly trying to expand and make a profit globally?

It's not about morey. Its about not letting a communist country that doesn't share your country's core values censor your league, players and management for dollars. Niggas supposed to worry about what the Chinese government thinks everytime they talk? He should not fold anymore than he has.

It's not about morey. Its about not letting a communist country that doesn't share your country's core values censor your league, players and management for dollars. Niggas supposed to worry about what the Chinese government thinks everytime they talk? He should not fold anymore than he has.
But it’s also money and morey is compromising that but you right

But it’s also money and morey is compromising that but you right

Yeah he fucked with the bag and you gotta sort that out behind the scenes but you can't fold to a country that's embarrassed cause it's doing dirt and someone pointed it out. You wanna censor the Chinese cool you can't censor the rest of the world tho.

I think owners would fire Morey if they could but Adam Silver cant allow them to do it.

Im sure they all want money, including Silver, but he really cant fold publicly to a country trying to limit freedom of speech.

just to be clear, Morey said he was against the protesting in china or he was in support of it

I wonder how the profit sharing works in this case. I know the Rockets are Chinas team but im wondering how much this hurts the whole league. China not showing any NBA games has to hurt the bottom line a lot.

A team like the Grizzlies who already cant make any money has got to he pissed.

And I wonder how it affects the players. The players get 50% of revenue, but if revenue drops alot due to China banning the NBA, how is that gonna affect the cap next year? Does it go up like it usually does?

Interesting shit all around.

Morey really needed to stfu here. Has Morey ever criticized Trump or anything in American politics? Funny if he stayed shut on Trump but decided to be a justice warrior for Hong Kong.

just to be clear, Morey said he was against the protesting in china or he was in support of it

I think he said free hong kong.

The political situation of HK is wild. They are a city that rules itself, has its own laws, claims to be independent but China claims them as a part of China. China doesnt recognize their independence and neither does most of the world.

They are technically a part of China and owned by China but do to pressure from the US and rest of the world China lets them administer themselves.

Its a huge deal in china. Its kind of like Palestine and Israel, but if the world actually supported Palestine and didnt let Israel starve them to death with no fucks given.

Long story short, tweeting "Free Hong Kong" will get the same reaction from China as tweeting "Free Palestine" would get from Israel. The main difference for the NBA though is the fact that China is a huuuuge market when it comes to the NBAs bottom line.

I wonder how the profit sharing works in this case. I know the Rockets are Chinas team but im wondering how much this hurts the whole league. China not showing any NBA games has to hurt the bottom line a lot.

A team like the Grizzlies who already cant make any money has got to he pissed.

And I wonder how it affects the players. The players get 50% of revenue, but if revenue drops alot due to China banning the NBA, how is that gonna affect the cap next year? Does it go up like it usually does?

Interesting shit all around.

Morey really needed to stfu here. Has Morey ever criticized Trump or anything in American politics? Funny if he stayed shut on Trump but decided to be a justice warrior for Hong Kong.
Yeah that’s a lot of money which would lead to wages going down. Btw the cap not gonna go up At all for atleast for the next 2-3 years or so I read recently

I think he said free hong kong.

The political situation of HK is wild. They are a city that rules itself, has its own laws, claims to be independent but China claims them as a part of China. China doesnt recognize their independence and neither does most of the world.

They are technically a part of China and owned by China but do to pressure from the US and rest of the world China lets them administer themselves.

Its a huge deal in china. Its kind of like Palestine and Israel, but if the world actually supported Palestine and didnt let Israel starve them to death with no fucks given.

Long story short, tweeting "Free Hong Kong" will get the same reaction from China as tweeting "Free Palestine" would get from Israel. The main difference for the NBA though is the fact that China is a huuuuge market when it comes to the NBAs bottom line.
yo bro, preciate tf outta you for this breakdown

i honestly was ignorant af to this and had no idea this was happening

smh

Yao probably hated Morey to begin with. Used this chance to get him the fuck outa here.

Mfers forgot the rest of the world is not like the US, Canada, and Europe. Greg poppovich could do a whole interview shitting on Trump here and nothing will happen. You do that shit in S.American, Asian, Middle Eastern, or African countries and they putting a black bag over your head and making you disappear.

Yao probably hated Morey to begin with. Used this chance to get him the fuck outa here.

Mfers forgot the rest of the world is not like the US, Canada, and Europe. Greg poppovich could do a whole interview shitting on Trump here and nothing will happen. You do that shit in S.American, Asian, Middle Eastern, or African countries and they putting a black bag over your head and making you disappear.

I doubt he really even knows morey or has had any serious dealings with him.

But im real curious about Moreys other political takes.

Did dude ever say anything about Trump or talk about anything in American society? Did he ever say anything about racism?

Cause if dude never said shit about issues facing America but decided to speak about Hong Kong, then go ahead and fire him. Its mad shit going on in your backyard, if you decided to stay shut about all the issues here but wanna stick up for HK, go fuck yourself.

And I support HK. dont get me wrong. But its pretentious as hell to never mention cops shooting all these unarmed black men right here in the States, but then wanna talk about some free HK shit.

Last edited:

In theory you're right but like @Beta stated this is definitely about money. Not just the league but the players and their endorsements with that country.

The league may lose billions of dollars due to all they have invested in working with China. The ethical thing to do would be to openly support Morey and cut ties immediately with China without hesitation but the fiscal thing (and what Silver is going to try and do) to do is try and smooth this over so the NBA and China can keep making money together.

Just like with Donald Sterling the NBA knew who they were getting into business with but they felt the financial rewards justified turning a blind eye to that countries political and ethical differences.

But im real curious about Moreys other political takes.

Did dude ever say anything about Trump or talk about anything in American society? Did he ever say anything about racism?

Cause if dude never said shit about issues facing America but decided to speak about Hong Kong, then go ahead and fire him. Its mad shit going on in your backyard, if you decided to stay shut about all the issues here but wanna stick up for HK, go fuck yourself.

And I support HK. dont get wrong. But its pretentious as hell to never mention cops shooting all these unarmed black men right here in the States, but then wanna talk about some free HK shit.

Lmao.

Maybe his silence on those matters in his backyard tells how he feels about the subject? I'm just saying. Lol

Back