Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Let’s be realistic: there’s no way the thunder could have kept Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka happy. If they all wanted max deals, the team couldn’t have stayed together

The Lakers went to 9 finals during Magic's time. Only 3 were against the Celtics. There's a lot more to that story than the Celtics rivalry.
I agree but the 30 for 30 touched on the other finals. Not in great detail but they touched on it. They would have to bring up the finals losses and I'm not sure that would make for good tv bcuz the players prolly don't care to talk about that as much I'm sure. Lakers are joined at the hip with the Celtics during that run. Other than the losing to the Celtics the other losses are more meant for the Pistons, Sixers, and Bulls to talk about. We already have seen the Pistons and Bulls POV and nobody cares about the 83 Sixers but me.

They picked ibaka over Harden

And they wouldn’t have any real chance to keep all 4 so they did what they thought was the right move. Still can’t believe none of them are with the thunder currently

I am on the top 50 list
I have career averages of 18ppg/5rb/3ast.
I have a finals mvp
I am a 2x 3rd team all-pro
I made first-team all-rookie

Who I'm is?

I don't see how you can have an OKC doc without starting in Seattle. Gotta show the Seattle POV on losing their young team full of potential.
Yeah maybe a half hour dedicated to the Sonics from the end of the Allen/Lewis years to Jeff green, nick collison, and Durant and then the move to OKC and then tell that story up until Russ leaving

Brian Windhorst on a new amnesty clause: “We don’t know for sure if it’s going to happen. We just know that it’s something that teams are talking about as a possibility. And oh my gosh, if that happens, this was gonna be a pretty lame free agency… If that happens, guys, we could see some big-time action

Brian Windhorst: “I can tell you that instantaneously every person I’ve talked to in the league about amnesty the first name out of their mouth is Blake Griffin.”

Marks goes on to explain how that would impact the Pistons in the short-term: “Two teams told ESPN that the provision would help a franchise like the Detroit Pistons the most. Blake Griffin will count against their cap for $36.8 million and $38.9 million in the next two seasons. With this proposal, Detroit could amnesty Griffin and have over $50 million in room; without the provision it would have less than $20 million in space under a flat cap.”

New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson may soon move from the court to the big screen. Director and producer Spike Lee and NBA champion Ray Allen were interviewed on the Jumpman show “Encore” and discussed early talks of a potential movie deal with the rookie. They said there have been conversations about Williamson starring in a “He Got Game” sequel. The original 1998 movie was directed by Lee and starred Ray Allen as star basketball prospect Jesus Shuttleworth

The 19-year-old is reportedly on the shortlist of players to star in the second part of the movie. "We were trying to get a meeting with him before [the coronavirus pandemic]. Ray Allen and I were trying to get a meeting with him in New Orleans. I'm still for it," Lee said to Sage Steele during the episode.

Back