Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

"The Raptors face two disparate paths in the near future, and we should get a good idea of their plans both in 2020 free agency and before the 2020-21 trade deadline," Shapiro writes.

"The easiest route for Toronto would be to re-sign Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol this summer, or shell out up to nine figures for point guard Fred VanVleet. Toronto could also add another year or two onto Kyle Lowry’s contract–which expires after 2020-21–effectively continuing to ride their roster as currently constructed around Pascal Siakam. The Raptors aren’t a paper tiger in 2019-20. They’re legitimate contenders for the Finals, and Nick Nurse has emerged as one of the league’s premier coaches. It’s not the sexiest path forward, but it’s hard to blame Toronto if it wishes to stay the course after a Finals win in 2019 and a 46–18 record in 2019-20.

Toronto could look to largely blow up the roster before July 2021, clearing as much cap space as possible to hunt for talent next to Siakam. The Raptors could clear two max salary spots with ease by saying goodbye to Ibaka, Gasol and Lowry before the summer of 2021, with Antetokounmpo looming as the top prize. Ujiri hasn’t been afraid to make a splash before. He could follow up his coup for Kawhi with one of the greatest free agent signings in league history."

Antetokounmpo has been atop Raptors fans wishlist since he first burst onto the scene in 2016-17 and Toronto found out Ujiri tried to trade up to draft the 6-foot-11 Greek Freak. While the connections between Toronto, Ujiri and Antetokounmpo are clear — Ujiri helped Antetokounmpo's family immigrate to Greece — the Raptors aren't going to put all their eggs in one basket.

Even if they whiff on Antetokounmpo, that 2021 free agency class is still potentially loaded with talent including LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Paul George, Victor Oladipo, and Kawhi Leonard

So im at work trying not to work and was like let me turn on ESPN radio. Havent listened for a minute.

Soon as I turned it on, i hear mfers reading letters they wrote to sports and crying talking bout how much they miss sport.

Man i thought I loved sports but turns out some mfers REALLY love sports

The parodies are hilarious

Back