Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

The back end of Melos career and the Bron comparisons make people judge him too harshly.

Melo not an all time great, but def a first ballot hall of famer.
Melo’s knicks move/run kinda ruined his rep but he kinda got slugs before then for taking that contract extension with the nuggets which took him out of contention for being a FA in 2010

If they implement a temporary amnesty provision, and he's released using the provision, he may end up in a spot where he's competing for titles for the next few seasons.
I would like to see him in Miami as a healthy PF but damn that’s such a gamble

but if it’s for the mid level and we still could trade for a SG then...

Melo’s knicks move/run kinda ruined his rep but he kinda got slugs before then for taking that contract extension with the nuggets which took him out of contention for being a FA in 2010

Word. He deserves all that. Also his first few Knicks years were decent too.

He deserves all the criticisms he gets for his work ethic. His selfishness when it comes to stats. Putting a few Ms before winning when he was gonna make 100s of Ms regardless. Getting Dantoni fired cause he didnt wanna run. Not leaving NY when he knew Phil didnt want him.

All of those are valid.

But along with all that, it gets forgotten that Melo was elite as fuck. Never the best player in the league, but always in the discussion for top 5, and definetly top 10 for atleast a decade.

Word. He deserves all that. Also his first few Knicks years were decent too.

He deserves all the criticisms he gets for his work ethic. His selfishness when it comes to stats. Putting a few Ms before winning when he was gonna make 100s of Ms regardless. Getting Dantoni fired cause he didnt wanna run. Not leaving NY when he knew Phil didnt want him.

All of those are valid.

But along with all that, it gets forgotten that Melo was elite as fuck. Never the best player in the league, but always in the discussion for top 5, and definetly top 10 for atleast a decade.
Melo was the best scorer in the league until about.....2011

And the whole jealous over Jeremy Lin thing was so stupid

Melo was the best scorer in the league until about.....2011

And the whole jealous over Jeremy Lin thing was so stupid

Stupid for sure.

But imagine you Melo. One of the best players in the game bout a decade, and coach tells you to spot up in the corner for jeremy lin.

Lmao. I woulda tapped Dantonis jaw for the disrespect.

Stupid for sure.

But imagine you Melo. One of the best players in the game bout a decade, and coach tells you to spot up in the corner for jeremy lin.

Lmao. I woulda tapped Dantonis jaw for the disrespect.
Yeah but melo was coming back from injury and Lin was winning you games..melo coulda played ball for atleast a few games to see how things went and then spoke to Pringles

but melo, Chalmers, and Cole destroyed Lin’s confidence

Yeah but melo was coming back from injury and Lin was winning you games..melo coulda played ball for atleast a few games to see how things went and then spoke to Pringles

I agree with the part above.

Lin did get exposed a bit after playing the Heat but injuries really did him in as a real NBA contributor. The guy was never as good as that Lin-sanity run made him look like but he could thrive in the right system and surrounding players. His last good season was in Charlotte and he got injured there and was never really the same after

New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson may soon move from the court to the big screen. Director and producer Spike Lee and NBA champion Ray Allen were interviewed on the Jumpman show “Encore” and discussed early talks of a potential movie deal with the rookie. They said there have been conversations about Williamson starring in a “He Got Game” sequel. The original 1998 movie was directed by Lee and starred Ray Allen as star basketball prospect Jesus Shuttleworth

The 19-year-old is reportedly on the shortlist of players to star in the second part of the movie. "We were trying to get a meeting with him before [the coronavirus pandemic]. Ray Allen and I were trying to get a meeting with him in New Orleans. I'm still for it," Lee said to Sage Steele during the episode.

First Space Jam sequel now He Got Game.

Let’s be realistic: there’s no way the thunder could have kept Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka happy. If they all wanted max deals, the team couldn’t have stayed together
They could have

They would've had to go over the tax line and the owner wasn't willing to do that

Back