Welcome To aBlackWeb

It used to be coded in the novels that he and Watson were more but friends.
They lived together for long, were basically semi-dating frequently and found themselves every once and again in embarassing situations full of homoerotic subtext, at the great spite of Watson who was the most conventional of the duo.

Apparently, semi-platonic same-sex friendship - or what they call "Victorian romantic friendship" - was quite recurrent in Victorian society.
Then the film and television adaptations simply omitted this detail, until Bryan Singer made one or two offhand jokes about it in 'House M.D.' (which was loosely inspired from Holmes) and that both Guy Ritchie and the Steven Moffatt/Mark Gatiss co-team did separately re-accentuate the detective's bisexuality in their separate works, the Sherlock Holmes film franchise (starring Robert Downey Jr) and the BBC TV series Sherlock (starring Benedict Cumberbatch) respectively. Their two respective iterations of Holmes are so gay it is even astonishing that they are actually bi.

I don't know about Henry Cavill's Holmes (and I doubt so. Although, even the manliest actors in Hollywood can surprize us while impersonating any character. Remember Hugh Jackman?) , though. I didn't watched 'Enola Holmes' yet, but I already did know by advance that the series want to cater on young queer Millenials and Gen-Zs by promoting Enola (played by Millie Bobby Brown, a well-known figure amid teenage LGBTs) as a lesbian. So even there, we can talk as much about typical Netflix-fashioned demographic pandering (with oft bland results, scenaristically wise) as a nod to the Sherlock Holmes from the novels.

Yea, I am not a fan of commercial tokenism too. I prefer pretty original black characters rather than genderswapping/raceswapping/orientation-swapping popular white characters as if we're just but meek pets awaiting for the wastes and the bait. ?

Watson was married and Sherlock was pretty much asexual due to being an autistic drug addict. His only love interest was Irene Adler and that was only because she was as smart as him (or at least able to outsmart him).

You're talking about what amounts to adaptations and fanfic. Mark Gatiss is a hack and a ham (yeah I said it) and Guy Ritchie doesn't count when it comes to Holmes.

In fact, Mark Gatiss, in my opinion, ruined Doctor Who worse than even Russel T Davies and in both cases it wasn't due to tokenism, identity politics, political correctness or whatever the the incel complaints tend to be but rather the fact that the writing was just terrible across the board.

I was rooting for Idris Elba and taking Bond back to the suave days where he used more gadgets instead of fist fighting and getting his ass beat
Had a feeling that wasn't gonna happen though. They want to go the younger route

Watson was married and Sherlock was pretty much asexual due to being an autistic drug addict. His only love interest was Irene Adler and that was only because she was as smart as him (or at least able to outsmart him).

You're talking about what amounts to adaptations and fanfic. Mark Gatiss is a hack and a ham (yeah I said it) and Guy Ritchie doesn't count when it comes to Holmes.

In fact, Mark Gatiss, in my opinion, ruined Doctor Who worse than even Russel T Davies and in both cases it wasn't due to tokenism, identity politics, political correctness or whatever the the incel complaints tend to be but rather the fact that the writing was just terrible across the board.
You learn new shit about people everyday

Marriages pretty much haven't stop these kind of relationships to occur during the Victorian period and you cannot be truthfully asexual when you constantly made out sexual quidproquos to the spite of your male friend for years.

Mark Gatiss got his lows and highs with Doctor Who. In my opinion, his worst work was Dracula: the miniseries was so bland and superficial.

I was rooting for Idris Elba and taking Bond back to the suave days where he used more gadgets instead of fist fighting and getting his ass beat
Had a feeling that wasn't gonna happen though. They want to go the younger route

One of the reasons why Daniel Craig's Bond is this way is because people gets tired of the suave, somewhat effeminate iterations diving in Dantesque, gadget-o-phile pulp adventures (the way Roger Moore and Pierce Brosman portrayed it) and wanted Bond to come back to its Noir politico-military thriller/spy-fiction roots (the way Sean Connery, Lazenby and Timothy Dalton portrayed it) while keeping it up modern: the influence left by the Jason Bourne films in cinema somehow contribued it to amp the bets up.

Lol, "a non-binary King Arthur" , I never thought about how that offhand jab was funny.

"Thou naught call them "he" but "they" thou prejudicial swine. Them hath Royalperson Arthur, naught King. Why do they swing this sharp-cutting, radiant phallic weapon upon thee??? Merlin is so normative."

I remember after watching The Wire I learned that Stringer Bell was British I was shocked. That nigga never ever gave of a British vide on that show. That showed me that his acting skills were elite. It seems like every role he's has since then you could obviously tell he was British.

Two things I got from the trailer is James Bond is going to have a son

and they are going to take the Marvel approach w 007 moving forward

Last edited:
Back