Welcome To aBlackWeb

Welcome back Bond,Farewell Craig

PRAISE : The story set up for this 007 chapter is done so sharply and intensely with a story about James Bond enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica after leaving active service. However, his peace is short-lived as his old CIA friend, Felix Leiter, shows up and asks for help.
Words are said at the top of the film that made me feel dread for Bond and Co. and placed me at the edge of my seat for the entire 2 hour and 43 minute run time
Daniel Craig brings all the right amounts of intensity ,sorrow and heart to his final bow as Bond. Also a wonderful heartfelt performance from Léa Seydoux as Madeleine Swann , the chemistry between her and Craig is off the charts.
Rami Malek as Lyutsifer Safin makes the most of his time on screen displaying an intense and quiet coldness. Lashana Lynch as Nomi does ok as a new double 0 I would say just the right amount was done with the rivalry between her and 007 that it didn't become annoying.
There are good turns from Ben Whishaw as Q,Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny,Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter,Christoph Waltz as Ernst Stavro Blofeld
and Ralph Fiennes as Gareth Mallory / M.
The action sequences have an intense well choreographed sharpness to them.I enjoyed the questionable morality story thread in the film
Director Cary Joji Fukunaga and writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade do a good job of striking the right emotional chords.
I've always felt the Bond films in which he shows that he actually has a soul worked a lot better for me and this one does so at an extremely high level.

PROBLEMS : There was a character that was supposed to be funny but just turned out to be obnoxious. Even though I knew the climax of the film was leading to a point it still felt a bit drawn out.There were a couple of predictable paths the film takes.Unfortunately the film casted one of those actor's in which i immediately knew what they were up to.

The film makes an ambitious and gutsy move and it's going to be interesting if they take it a step further and how they are going to move forward.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8½

Finally saw it. Thought they should have casted someone older if they were going for the villain saved her when she was a kid. Rami 40 and she's 36. That story just didn't work for me. I feel like they should have let it spread to more than just spectre villains to get a more emotional feeling for the plan

I'm ready for the next Bond franchise. Curious what direction they'll go. I'd like to get back to the techy Bond like Pierce Brosnan instead of a brute like Craig. I still think Idris would be a great Bond but I'm sure they'll want to go young

Super late to this, but how is James coming back to this?

Wasn’t that dude blown up?

Back