Welcome To aBlackWeb

#1hiphopjunki3

Go Spurs Go!!
James Bond fans wanting 007 to be either black or female are in for a double treat — with the movie spy about to be played by a black woman, according to a report on Sunday.
British actress Lashana Lynch, 31, will be introduced as the new 007 in what is being described as a ‘popcorn-dropping moment’ in the franchise’s 25th movie that is currently being filmed, according to the Mail on Sunday.
But it is not a complete do-over — with her just taking James Bond’s secret agent number after he retires from MI6, the report states.
Bond himself will still be played by Daniel Craig — and will still adhere to his old-fashioned macho characteristics, an insider told the UK paper

1710490764701.jpeg

Props to her if this is true. Hopefully this is something that can really springboard her career and those of other black actresses. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the film though.

I'm interested to see how they approach the character as a black female.

I honestly am not a big fan of Mr. Craig's, Bond. I grew up a huge James Bond fan and (used to own all the films before giving them away as a gift to a coworker) I feel they just made his movie's to be straight action and not the spy/espionage films the older ones were. Not to mention Craig didn't come off as charming as Roger Moore or as debonnaire as Sean Connery who are both my favorite Bond's.

Last edited:
Why you don’t want a woman to be 007 I mean it’s literally just about being a secret agent tho

Maybe he is afraid he isn't going to be able to relate to the character?

I think if they do this right it could be a really interesting film. I hope they actually point out that she is a woman of color and show some of the issues she would face because of this. But of course don't over do these issues because you would face losing a huge part of the fan base. I really think if did correctly it could be a hellavu movie and reboot of the franchise.

Yeah I think this is a plot device, and a smart way to get more women in seats in today's climate. (They finna come for James bond he is the epitome of a misogynist)
They're not fucking crazy.
No way they believe they can sell that over multiple films.

I own every bond film. I'm no he man woman hater but I'd be devastated to have to watch multiple films with a female lead bond fr. Cant even lie. I don't care about the race but James bond has to be played by a man. No way around that shit. Some traditions just have to be kept.

They wanna make some side shit whatever but gtfohwtbs.

All that shit said I do look forward to some scenes with her and black money penny for the culture.
That should be dope.

Subjectively I would prefer it played by a man but I think they looking at the business side of things especially with Craig owning a chunk of the actual franchise now.

The most difficult part is gonna be the love interests cuz Bond is a unapologetic misogynist. I think they should have done it as a spin-off where it's the same universe but just a different agent. Movies like this don't seem to work as well look at Ocean's 8, Ghostbusters for example but we'll have to wait and see.

Oceans 8 sucked critically but crushed the box office. They're the exception to the rule. But yeah a woman lead over 3-4 films is just not sustainable for the James bond franchise imo. They can get one but that's it.
They should try a spin off.

Back