Welcome To aBlackWeb

No Limit Records Appreciation thread

niggaz prolly looked at you weird, like we looked at that one army niggaz who was always talking about NL
nah man, the Roc got MAD love in NOLA

they was fucking with EVERYTHING rocafella when i was in undergrad

NOLA is the most distinct city in Louisiana. They be on shit that the rest of the state get on years later. Im talking dudes born and raised in all the names of those projects you heard NL/Cash money rap about was fucking with Jay, Cam, dipset, SP, beans, etc...HEAVY

What's bullshit.

Call it out and prove it?

Kim didn't have Big writing for her

Fox didn't have writers?

Rah didn't have busta

Mia X had who??

And I can post a clip of Mia X saying how biggie came up to her and told her that he was going to give her style to Lil Kim.

Prove to me why is this BS?

Yea because the bitch might not be lying

Even with evidence, you calling BS? Ok Breh.

It's on the Net for millions to view? DJ Paul who is well respected in the game is now on his Bullshit? Ok breh
he a south nigga, he has no idea waht the fuck he talking about....

it's clear that yall beleive the whole world live in yall region....so maybe this is something all of yall do, and he doing the same shit....cuz as we say up here

upload_2017-12-18_11-10-59.jpeg

devils advocate, but what does Mia x at this point in her life, gain from lying about her convo with Big?

She is so far removed from rap. She got cook books and shit, and dont have a project coming out. Why would she just outright lie like that?

Im sure if she was lying, Kim would've come out and refuted it

devils advocate, but what does Mia x at this point in her life, gain from lying about her convo with Big?

She is so far removed from rap. She got cook books and shit, and dont have a project coming out. Why would she just outright lie like that?

If Kim did just that would you believe her. Where's the proof of what Mia X is saying

nah man, the Roc got MAD love in NOLA

they was fucking with EVERYTHING rocafella when i was in undergrad

NOLA is the most distinct city in Louisiana. They be on shit that the rest of the state get on years later. Im talking dudes born and raised in all the names of those projects you heard NL/Cash money rap about was fucking with Jay, Cam, dipset, SP, beans, etc...HEAVY
can't comment on it cuz i never been there....

but i can say the love is not reciprocal...

we fucked with cash money and 3 6 way more than NL...

the impact yall describing wasn't the same....

and my favorite period of music was 96-2006

i graduated high school n 2000, and did my hardest partying 1999-2003

and int hat pariod of partying hard, and lsitening to music hard, i can count on one hand the niggaz who loved NL like yall

one was this crazy nigga around my way named Roc....he swore P was pac reincarnated, and because Roc was crazy he forced us to listen to a bunch of NL on the basketball court....

this is when i developed my opinion, cuz that music was god awful and i would complain about it the whole time.....it grew on a few niggaz, namly this one nigga jamal, who used to swear by that shit too, but never me....

nigga name Neerad....dude was a true hip hop head, he was a big nas fan, and he would always try to put us on with TRU and other Nl shit, but we used to laugh and told him that shirt was garbage in highschool....dude had a quality taste in music otherwise, but i couldn't do that no limit shit.....we were on the wrestling team, and every day someone else would being a cd for us to practice and lift too...the only reaons niggaz brought in musicwas so neerad didn't play that NL shit

nigga clyde in college, he was from NO, and acted just like yall....and our conversations went just like this... only he thought jayz was wack......

and the army nigga marcus who used to hang with us real heavy. dude used to bump that shit in his car... but we'd always compromise for 3 6

and that's it.

out of the thousands possibly millions of people i have come across in my entire life...those are the no-limit fans....

there might be more, but no one else ever talked about them......

everyone else liked a few shit, but mostly shared my opinion that golide and chitown have...that them niggaz was largely garbage

i mean look at michelle movie....

chicks stay bringing up old shit

FIEND fucking sets this record tf off!!

and niggas wasnt checking for FIEND?? man get outta here

naw fiend was horrible, mystiakl and snoop saved this...

you really appreciate snoop on this track... cuz he always had a dope flow... and it really really really stood out on this label...

even if i'm not a big fan of the snoop NL shit... he was light years ahead of them niggaz with flow, and how to sound good on music

6/10 off of snoop and mystikal

thataaaaaaaaat's who mac was... okay, it's coming back.....

yea u not gonna win this, cuz i remember this nigga being especially horrible..... but i could never remember is name... i just remember this dude being so horrible....and it's funny that this is the shit you present your case with....

yea man, i gotta be honest... i always hated mac.....i just never knew his name was mac..

i literally just remembered playing pool in my boy seans basement, and he used to play this album...i hated this shit

If Kim did just that would you believe her. Where's the proof of what Mia X is saying
i mean look at michelle movie....

chicks stay bringing up old shit
they both have something to gain though

Kim still trying to be relevant musically after years of mediocrity and Michelle wanted to sell her side of the story to anyone who would listen. I dont deny those things happened to her as evidenced by what Daz responded with, but it clear, she had an ulterior motive

what does Mia x have to gain? She not gon get more followers on her social media. She not getting a massive influx of interview requests from saying this. I'm liable to believe she was genuine.

Kim had the platform that Mia x didnt so yea, it might be hard to believe that when BIG was trying to come up with this persona for Kim to have, that he got it from lesser known people.

not to totally derail, but dudes dont give those Sauce Twin niggas from houston NO credit, but Drake was hanging with them niggas for a couple of years and swagger jacked they whole style, but to the masses, they gon think the Sauce Twinz lying just to get attention.

naw fiend was horrible, mystiakl and snoop saved this...

you really appreciate snoop on this track... cuz he always had a dope flow... and it really really really stood out on this label...

even if i'm not a big fan of the snoop NL shit... he was light years ahead of them niggaz with flow, and how to sound good on music

6/10 off of snoop and mystikal
respect

thataaaaaaaaat's who mac was... okay, it's coming back.....

yea u not gonna win this, cuz i remember this nigga being especially horrible..... but i could never remember is name... i just remember this dude being so horrible....and it's funny that this is the shit you present your case with....

yea man, i gotta be honest... i always hated mac.....i just never knew his name was mac..

i literally just remembered playing pool in my boy seans basement, and he used to play this album...i hated this shit
blasphemy

bruh, my two statements do not contradict
"i have never been once aware in my entire life aware when NL albums were dropping, or heard one person in anticipation of said..."

that means i've never heard anyone in anticipation of a NL album being dropped....

saying i like a song, doesn't contradict that,,,,

are you following all my words... cuz there's some reading comprehensions missing here....there are some good and cool songs... i said that from the jump.....and i remember that one particular song...

but that has nothing to do with being in anticipation of it dropping.....like....i'm still lost as to how you relating those two comments

So because you didn't know the exact dates when a NL album dropped or cuz niggas wasn't jumping for joy at a new NL album means folks wasn't checking for them.

Man them goalpost stay getting moved.

10cff03e02c98b9e290a75be571c3603.gif

Oh yeah Master P's Da Last Don was #1 and damn near went gold in it's first week. Somebody knew and anticipated that albums release.

tenor.gif

but lets get some lyrics from Mac

i liked slow ya roll......can't front....7/10

cops and robbers beat was horrible....and this was a boring ass flow on his song....i can tell he trying to spit, but it's not grabbing me at all....like at one point he was talking about nothing, then outta nowhere he was telling a story..i had to go back to listen again....i was like.....wtf is this nigga doing?? like it was like he was tryna tell a story, but wasn't sure if he wanted to... but was like fuck it.....and just gave it his best 4/10

i liked slow ya roll......can't front....7/10

cops and robbers beat was horrible....and this was a boring ass flow on his song....i can tell he trying to spit, but it's not grabbing me at all....like at one point he was talking about nothing, then outta nowhere he was telling a story..i had to go back to listen again....i was like.....wtf is this nigga doing?? like it was like he was tryna tell a story, but wasn't sure if he wanted to... but was like fuck it.....and just gave it his best 4/10
you need to listen to cops and robbers again, its one long story

DOWN SOUTH!!!!!

yall gotta stop being so ignorant to this regional shit.....

everything yall love aint' loved everywhere.....three six was wayyyyyyy more popular in bmore than NL ever was... so to hear him say that is news to me man...cuz i never knew NL was that big of a deal... up here they was mostly garbage outside a few cool tracs here n there

Should take your own advice, cuz I had cousins from NY that put me on to some No Limit.

I remember having arguments in the 8th grade about who the best P or DMX

So because you didn't know the exact dates when a NL album dropped or cuz niggas wasn't jumping for joy at a new NL album means folks wasn't checking for them.

Man them goalpost stay getting moved.

10cff03e02c98b9e290a75be571c3603.gif

Oh yeah Master P's Da Last Don was #1 and damn near went gold in it's first week. Somebody knew and anticipated that albums release.

tenor.gif
yea 500k his region..... that's not a whole lot when you consider how huge them states are down here, and how visible they was down there....they prolly could sell 100k at 3 or 4 colleges in louisiana alone...if not more

but it just wasn't liek that up here.....if u saw it, you might cop it.....i never did, a few freinds might... but it wasn't like

'oh shit that fiend dropped today"
"oh shit that new mac out"

'anybody know when mia x shit coming out?"

like that shit just wasn't poppin like that up here....

i ain't saying NOBODY fucked with it, but it was n't poppin like that.....

ain't no moving goalposts...yall just want shit to be hotter up here than it was... it jsut wasn't like that....i don't know what to tell yall... i lived it, i remember.. a few niggaz ehre n there, but this was not a largely felt thing

Should take your own advice, cuz I had cousins from NY that put me on to some No Limit.

I remember having arguments in the 8th grade about who the best P or DMX
i woulda killed someone for saying P was better than X

8th grade.. yall had to be little kids..

i was 16 when dmx came out in 1998....

that was the hardest album that ever existed...

let's not even go there

Back