Welcome To aBlackWeb

hell no. i don't think thats a fair parallel though. is standing up for yourself a contradiction to niceness?

to be truly nice might entail defending other people as well as yourself at times. being non-confrontational goes hand in hand with niceness, that means that niceness and goodness or kindness are no longer synonymous.

The turn the next cheek mindset will get u no where

I didnt say any of it was factual or anything. He was described as a selfless humble man, who wanted people to follow his father's faith, as he thought it was the right way to live. Of course there was shitty people/conditions during his time nd there still are but his faith taught that there'd be relief in the after life for those who stayed true to it.

Now I dont believe in any faith but as I said he did accomplish what he set out to do.

Idk b. I thought his mission was to save us from our sins, which never happened.

giphy.gif
i think i posted before, i gotta homeboy who's a legi full fledged chemist....

nigga make like 6 figures....brilliant as fuck... big ass house all that......

he's mad smart... and that kinda intelligence always attracts people....

so that whole nice guy finish last shit never applied to homey.....he just don't brag about the shit.....

nigga know how to invest, gotta portfolio n all that....just mad quiet about it all

my other homeboy, real nice guy,.....dude been working for tsa for 15years.....his mom in real estate, so he just moved down to texas to help her with the business, but this nigga be caking too.....and this like my best friend... he ain't the nigga that's gonna be in the club poppin bottles pulling bad bitches like that,... but he nice as fuck on the online dating tip, and be smashing weird off beat chicks all the time....

been doing that shit since aol chat rooms back in the 90's.....

so i mean it's all relative....

they bothe nice guys, and i don't see how anyone can say they finishing last in anything

The turn the next cheek mindset will get u no where
I agree but since when did the turn the other cheek mindset become mutually dependent with niceness?

There are plenty of people who turn the other cheek because it's in their interest and/or they don't want trouble, not because they're nice. Cowardice is just as often the motivation. Just like niceness or a desire to be good to others/themselves can often be a factor in not turning the cheek.

Example: speaking up and defending someone that a group is unfairly ganging up on. they're doing the right thing and proving they're nice but if we're going by the "niceness is weakness" school of thought, confrontation is in contradiction to niceness and therefore they're no longer nice? idk. this shit is confusing.

Funny you made this thread. One of my best friends would qualify as a "bad guy" to most women. He's your typical hood dude that's been in the streets. Got locs and tattoos. He looks the part. But beyond the surface he is a smart dude. He just carries himself a certain way that I guess some women like. But he hit me up asking me for advice on whether he should talk to this chick that he works with that had been at him heavy.

She is engaged...

So im trying my best to talk him out of it. He's starting to understand my perspective and decided to text her and see what's good at home and what they are even doing.

She basically says she "loves" her fiance and they have a 2 year old. He treats her good and what not....but then says he just isn't him (referring to my homie) and that he makes her feel pretty and wanted. And there's just something about him she likes and he's funny and exciting. So he shows me her response. I'm like...why would you wanna be involved with someone That moves like that?

He agreed...but im sure he still gonna smash. Lol

I agree but since when did the turn the other cheek mindset become mutually dependent with niceness?

There are plenty of people who turn the other cheek because it's in their interest and/or they don't want trouble, not because they're nice. Cowardice is just as often the motivation. Just like niceness or a desire to be good to others/themselves can often be a factor in not turning the cheek.

Example: speaking up and defending someone that a group is unfairly ganging up on. they're doing the right thing and proving they're nice but if we're going by the "niceness is weakness" school of thought, confrontation is in contradiction to niceness and therefore they're no longer nice? idk. this shit is confusing.

You're confusing yourself b lol

People often mistake kindness for weakness. The lines have become so blurred. They are not the same.

Funny you made this thread. One of my best friends would qualify as a "bad guy" to most women. He's your typical hood dude that's been in the streets. Got locs and tattoos. He looks the part. But beyond the surface he is a smart dude. He just carries himself a certain way that I guess some women like. But he hit me up asking me for advice on whether he should talk to this chick that he works with that had been at him heavy.

She is engaged...

So im trying my best to talk him out of it. He's starting to understand my perspective and decided to text her and see what's good at home and what they are even doing.

She basically says she "loves" her fiance and they have a 2 year old. He treats her good and what not....but then says he just isn't him (referring to my homie) and that he makes her feel pretty and wanted. And there's just something about him she likes and he's funny and exciting. So he shows me her response. I'm like...why would you wanna be involved with someone That moves like that?

He agreed...but im sure he still gonna smash. Lol

This is a major key of the game of life.

Well not most of the time and I wasn't to begin with , you said that.

Turning the other cheek was just an example.

Well not most of the time and I wasn't to begin with , you said that.

Turning the other cheek was just an example.
turning the other cheek isn't automatically motivated by niceness though. I used it as an example of something non-confrontational that isn't dependent on niceness. it's one of those things that's assigned to nice guy behavior, which tells me that the "nice guy" trope doesn't have all that much to do with actually being nice. why can't they just be called pushovers?

turning the other cheek isn't automatically motivated by niceness though. I used it as an example of something non-confrontational that isn't dependent on niceness. it's one of those things that's assigned to nice guy behavior, which tells me that the "nice guy" trope doesn't have all that much to do with actually being nice. why can't they just be called pushovers?

It's called a trait.

Like most people with high blood pressure are fat. Doesn't mean every fat person has high blood pressure.

If a guy u didn't wanna date wanted to take you out on dates, would u go with him to be nice or would u say no?
I would be nice by replying to his text or call and giving him an explanation. going out with him wouldn't be nice, it would be leading him on.

Back