Welcome To aBlackWeb

but when they say they finish last, i think that's stupid... cuz the poster child for this is typically russel wilson type niggaz, but yall forget he been married before too, so he not finishing last either

it's the whole "finish last" shit that bothers me... what does tht even mean?

when i was younger i always joked means you got hella kids and ain't in the game no more...

in that case it should be prefered to finish last..

who wanna be 21 with 4 kids and hella responsibilities.?? nigga you finished....
if u 21 with 4 kids, that's like a kid from every chick u ever smashed by that point. where they do that?

he better be livin with the Bedouin n leadin a tribe cuz that's crazy.

I don't really remember specifics but you said some things on a couple occasions that (to me) made you sound like you lack confidence in yourself. I'll point it out as soon as I see it next time tho.

What was the reason others gave you when they said the same?

All jokes aside some foods and medicines boost estrogen levels too...
I just fell out of my seat b. how u gonna imply he a pushover because of high estrogen?

i think its the same concept as dudes want a freak in the sheets, lady in the streets.

there are plenty of times a dude will have sex with a girl, but he aint trying to bring her home to mama

same thing for females...they want a "nice" guy as far as how they will treat them, but think somehow that him being nice makes him "soft".

So we do agree nice guys finish last?
i think its the same concept as dudes want a freak in the sheets, lady in the streets.

there are plenty of times a dude will have sex with a girl, but he aint trying to bring her home to mama

same thing for females...they want a "nice" guy as far as how they will treat them, but think somehow that him being nice makes him "soft".
I agree with Nomad on this.

If we're equating nice guys to wimps, or pussy ass non confrontational, passive, pushover males then they absolutely finish last in life, as they should imo. The same applies to males who need to be liked.

But if we're equating nice guys to kindhearted and sincere individuals then no, they don't finish last at all.

There's a big difference between a person who's "nice" because he's bitchmade or needs to be liked and a person who is just genuinely a kindhearted person.

If youre defining nice as simply kind/'good', then no they don't necessarily finish last. If you group traits like being a pushover under your idea of a nice guy, then yes they would finish last. Their being nice/good people isn't the reason for that though.

How don't they?
cuz nice is relative, and this is a gross overgeneralization,

also it's a huge cop out for accountability......

the whole concept of nice guy finish last is just wrong on multiple levels.....

100% of the time it's used it's addressing the wrong issue at hand...and people use it as a cop out to avoid dealing with the real issues that's much more reflective of their personal poor choices

people HATE admitting they're wrong...and this is just a manifestation of that

cuz nice is relative, and this is a gross overgeneralization,

also it's a huge cop out for accountability......

the whole concept of nice guy finish last is just wrong on multiple levels.....

100% of the time it's used it's addressing the wrong issue at hand...and people use it as a cop out to avoid dealing with the real issues that's much more reflective of their personal poor choices

people HATE admitting they're wrong...and this is just a manifestation of that

I'm not even just talking about relationships, I'm talking about in life period. Can you name one successful businessman who got their being nice?

Shit, if we really look at the story of Jesus objectively, the nigga was one of the biggest losers of alltime.

I'm not even just talking about relationships, I'm talking about in life period. Can you name one successful businessman who got their being nice?

Shit, if we really look at the story of Jesus objectively, the nigga was one of the biggest losers of alltime.
naw i can't name them cuz those are the type who chose to remain nameless....

Why does it have to be all or nothing? like either losing because you're nice, or having to win solely on the grounds of niceness.

I can name successful businessmen who are also nice people but no, their niceness isn't the reason for their success. I can name a bunch of nice people who 'lost' at life's battles too, but their niceness isn't what I'd attribute it to. it's usually some other factor at play but people group a whole lot of faults under the label "nice guy".

being nice (treating folks well) is a positive characteristic. the popular vision of a nice guy is actually a weak-willed, that's the problem. you can be nice and have convictions, that isn't a contradiction. I suppose you can be nice and weak-willed too. doesn't mean your niceness is why you are weak-willed. feel me?

naw i can't name them cuz those are the type who chose to remain nameless....

giphy.gif

Based on what he was about I think he accomplished what he set out to do

Why does it have to be all or nothing? like either losing because you're nice, or having to win solely on the grounds of niceness.

I can name successful businessmen who are also nice people but no, their niceness isn't the reason for their success. I can name a bunch of nice people who 'lost' at life's battles too, but their niceness isn't what I'd attribute it to. it's usually some other factor at play but people group a whole lot of faults under the label "nice guy".

being nice (treating folks well) is a positive characteristic. the popular vision of a nice guy is actually a weak-willed, that's the problem. you can be nice and have convictions, that isn't a contradiction. I suppose you can be nice and weak-willed too. doesn't mean your niceness is why you are weak-willed. feel me?

Meh. If you cheat from time to time are u a faithful man?

Meh. If you cheat from time to time are u a faithful man?
hell no. i don't think thats a fair parallel though. is standing up for yourself a contradiction to niceness?

to be truly nice might entail defending other people as well as yourself at times. being non-confrontational goes hand in hand with niceness, that means that niceness and goodness or kindness are no longer synonymous.

What's that save us from our sins? Then why are people still scared of going to hell? Still living shitty lives? etc.

He didn't do shit.
I didnt say any of it was factual or anything. He was described as a selfless humble man, who wanted people to follow his father's faith, as he thought it was the right way to live. Of course there was shitty people/conditions during his time nd there still are but his faith taught that there'd be relief in the after life for those who stayed true to it.

Now I dont believe in any faith but as I said he did accomplish what he set out to do.

free will

also, i think people are more afraid of the unknown more than hell but...thats another convo for another thread

Oh, free will wasn't available before Jesus? Interesting lol So all the pharaohs, kings and queens, etc didn't have free will, gotcha

Back