Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Player Josh Giddey accused of dealing with an underaged girl... AKA the pitchforks are out for Malika Andrews

Time and a place, report the news on sportscenter or NBA Today, no need to bring up a killing that he wasn't even a part of as he's being drafted
You are seriously downplaying his involvement in that incident

Talking about a players activities/off the court behavior on draft night is not a foreign concept. The ONLY difference imo with this situation is that this dude didn't drop to the second round or go undrafted.

How many times was the Publix crab legs shit brought up on draft night when Winston was getting drafted? How many times the stolen laptop got brought up on draft night when cam Newton got drafted.

A lot of other players were not so fortunate when their off the field stuff came to light

If anything, Brandon Miller should've exercised better judgment and told his friend no and then there's nothing for anyone to say about him on draft night

My two pennies about Malika

There is a difference between reporting the news and reporting your opinion

As a reporter, yes, she should've reported on Miller, yes she should be reporting on Giddey.

However she feels about these issues personally should not be made for public consumption. I didn't catch the stuff about udoka but it seems like y'all saying she was reporting her opinion which I am against.

Any woman in this industry, on ESPN, on draft night, one of the leagues highest viewed events is going to talk about it because if she doesn't, she will be replaced and that's just the harsh truth.

Now when I say report,I don't think she's actually a journalist in the sense of gathering facts, conducting interviews, etc... Whoever at ESPN is running this story is probably trying to fact check and if they are going to make her report on it, they want to make sure they are equipping her with the right info. I could be wrong BUT if she was out spreading her opinion like it was reporting on the story for Miller, ume, etc... Then she should be held to that standard cause she's set a precedent

The Udoka shit she reported then gave her opinion. That's why her and Stephen A got into it and it was one of the few times people were on his side because she admittedly came at him wrong. The Adrienne Payne shit was nasty too. But 98% of niggas beef with her is simply reporting the shit that NBA players do.

The Udoka shit she reported then gave her opinion. That's why her and Stephen A got into it and it was one of the few times people were on his side because she admittedly came at him wrong. The Adrienne Payne shit was nasty too. But 98% of niggas beef with her is simply reporting the shit that NBA players do.
My beef with her is she married a white man but this not the thread for that😬

You are seriously downplaying his involvement in that incident

Talking about a players activities/off the court behavior on draft night is not a foreign concept. The ONLY difference imo with this situation is that this dude didn't drop to the second round or go undrafted.

How many times was the Publix crab legs shit brought up on draft night when Winston was getting drafted? How many times the stolen laptop got brought up on draft night when cam Newton got drafted.

A lot of other players were not so fortunate when their off the field stuff came to light
He had somebody property and he gave it back, he had no clue what went down before the shooting and wasn't involved with the shooting. The way she was going on is like he was guilty of committing a crime

He had somebody property and he gave it back, he had no clue what went down before the shooting and wasn't involved with the shooting. The way she was going on is like he was guilty of committing a crime
Why the fuck is he holding someone else's gun?!?!?!

You acting like he was holding his phone while he was playing ball or something

C'mon fam

No she wasn't. She mentioned the story, they talked about it for a few moments and that was it. Why not smoke for all the people saying he should've been suspended and not even allowed to play last season in the NCAA tournament because of his involvement? I mean if you so concerned for his future why not be mad at those people were calling for something that actually would've affected his draft position and earning potential? Because that was a very wide spread sentiment.

For all we know he didn't know it was left in his car
Brandon Miller's attorney released a statement flat out saying his former teammate asked him to bring the gun. Miller didn't know it was about a beef, but he didn't just pull up unknowingly with a gun. He brought it because he was asked to.
Miller's attorney released a statement in an attempt to clarify his client's involvement in the shooting. In the release, Miller's attorney claims Miles texted Miller to come pick him up and bring his firearm with him, without the former knowing he and Harris had "exchanged words."

Brandon Miller's attorney released a statement flat out saying his former teammate asked him to bring the gun. Miller didn't know it was about a beef, but he didn't just pull up unknowingly with a gun. He brought it because he was asked to.

Still he maybe didn't know he had a gun until he was told to bring it.

It was brought up by damn near any outlet that covered the draft. This wasn't some small story about an unknown player. It was a top draft pick whose name was involved in the handling of a gun that was used to kill someone. That's a story that's gonna be talked about

Bruh they don’t get it. I understand they feel white folks aren’t judged the same but this is America it’s been like that. If a white top draft pick was involved in something like this it would be covered tho

I'm sorry, what side of this discussion was I on?

If it's the one that saw no problem with her being demoted then yes, I still stand by it

Back