Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Player Josh Giddey accused of dealing with an underaged girl... AKA the pitchforks are out for Malika Andrews

My two pennies about Malika

There is a difference between reporting the news and reporting your opinion

As a reporter, yes, she should've reported on Miller, yes she should be reporting on Giddey.

However she feels about these issues personally should not be made for public consumption. I didn't catch the stuff about udoka but it seems like y'all saying she was reporting her opinion which I am against.

Any woman in this industry, on ESPN, on draft night, one of the leagues highest viewed events is going to talk about it because if she doesn't, she will be replaced and that's just the harsh truth.

Now when I say report,I don't think she's actually a journalist in the sense of gathering facts, conducting interviews, etc... Whoever at ESPN is running this story is probably trying to fact check and if they are going to make her report on it, they want to make sure they are equipping her with the right info. I could be wrong BUT if she was out spreading her opinion like it was reporting on the story for Miller, ume, etc... Then she should be held to that standard cause she's set a precedent

As a reporter, yes, she should've reported on Miller, yes she should be reporting on Giddey.

However she feels about these issues personally should not be made for public consumption. I didn't catch the stuff about udoka but it seems like y'all saying she was reporting her opinion which I am against.

Any woman in this industry, on ESPN, on draft night, one of the leagues highest viewed events is going to talk about it because if she doesn't, she will be replaced and that's just the harsh truth.

Now when I say report,I don't think she's actually a journalist in the sense of gathering facts, conducting interviews, etc... Whoever at ESPN is running this story is probably trying to fact check and if they are going to make her report on it, they want to make sure they are equipping her with the right info. I could be wrong BUT if she was out spreading her opinion like it was reporting on the story for Miller, ume, etc... Then she should be held to that standard cause she's set a precedent

100% facts

Time and a place, report the news on sportscenter or NBA Today, no need to bring up a killing that he wasn't even a part of as he's being drafted

Back