Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mysogynoir for Cavemen

I think the problem is that these sorts of videos (let she honest, this is a Betty boy telling black men to be better with literal finger wagging) cannot penetrate when the prerequisite knowledge isn’t there.

A poster ITT boldly posited that matriarchal societies do not exist within Africa. Even a white boy that plays Paradox Interactive games all day is aware that isn’t true.

If the Black men this is dedicated to interpret information from a psuedo perspective already where they conflate White men’s history with that of global man- the Asiatic Black man- then this sassy nigga talmbow some new unique racism for blk women is always gonna fall flat as telling the house nigger that we ain’t sick, boss sick. Nigga gon look at you like you got four heads.

We need to take a step back and reasses globally how Black men understand themselves in the world because only the 4 step ahead niggas that escaped the vestiges of slavery in the mind (and therefore the household) can see why these niggas look like some Black ass proud boy’s and don’t know it when they get here.

This explains a lot of you niggas PERFECTLY

I hate shit like this because dude thinks he's smart and that everyone that disagrees with him is stupid. Nobody really needed that dumbass video to explain intersectionality. Women have been throwing that shit around for decades.

What some black men object to is the oversimplified way that a lot of women approach the discussion of patriarchy. This whole idea that black men refuse to give up on the patriarchy in itself is bogus. Black men don't control that shit, so how are we refusing to give it up? If I as a black man disagree with the concept of abortion or rightfully point out that the gender gap is a myth, that doesn't mean I support patriarchy. That's the problem. A lot of these women think that if a black man disagrees with anything they say when it comes to their perceived oppression, then we are against them. Then they will simultaneously dismiss any and all benefits that patriarchy bestows on them. There is a reason why men tend to get harsher penalties than women for the same crimes. The same patriarchy that punishes women in some areas attempts to protect or forgive women in other areas.

These discussions are never productive and never go anywhere because no one ever wants to hear the other side. People just want to be right.

I hate shit like this because dude thinks he's smart and that everyone that disagrees with him is stupid. Nobody really needed that dumbass video to explain intersectionality. Women have been throwing that shit around for decades.

What some black men object to is the oversimplified way that a lot of women approach the discussion of patriarchy. This whole idea that black men refuse to give up on the patriarchy in itself is bogus. Black men don't control that shit, so how are we refusing to give it up? If I as a black man disagree with the concept of abortion or rightfully point out that the gender gap is a myth, that doesn't mean I support patriarchy. That's the problem. A lot of these women think that if a black man disagrees with anything they say when it comes to their perceived oppression, then we are against them. Then they will simultaneously dismiss any and all benefits that patriarchy bestows on them. There is a reason why men tend to get harsher penalties than women for the same crimes. The same patriarchy that punishes women in some areas attempts to protect or forgive women in other areas.

These discussions are never productive and never go anywhere because no one ever wants to hear the other side. People just want to be right.
That guys content is kinda on the pandering side.

He just does it for views.

I think this is a case of cause you get it, you assume others also get it

There are a lot of cats out here that are clueless and oblivious to a lot of shit

Consider yourself part of the select few

I think this is a case of cause you get it, you assume others also get it

There are a lot of cats out here that are clueless and oblivious to a lot of shit

Consider yourself part of the select few

That's fair. So let's revise my post to acknowledge that some dudes really don't get it or really don't want to get it. Some of those dudes may be lost causes. The problem I was trying to address is when people like that dude carry that same energy with people who do understand the concepts he's trying to present but just disagree with some of the conclusions that are made.

That's fair. So let's revise my post to acknowledge that some dudes really don't get it or really don't want to get it. Some of those dudes may be lost causes. The problem I was trying to address is when people like that dude carry that same energy with people who do understand the concepts he's trying to present but just disagree with some of the conclusions that are made.
Bet

Then my response is, that video isn't for people like you and I

Bet

Then my response is, that video isn't for people like you and I

It's a response video though, so it depends on who he's responding to. That's my point. If he's responding to a bunch of dudes that really just refuse to acknowledge any legitimacy, then I'd agree with you. However, I'm betting that a lot of people that disagreed with him in the past had more nuanced opinions that's he's just ignoring.

It's a response video though, so it depends on who he's responding to. That's my point. If he's responding to a bunch of dudes that really just refuse to acknowledge any legitimacy, then I'd agree with you. However, I'm betting that a lot of people that disagreed with him in the past had more nuanced opinions that's he's just ignoring.
Ahhh ok

This is where we disagree

At least for me, I always operate understanding that these types of videos are made for people who don't get it or rather haven't gotten it so the creator is like... Ok, I see I gotta really break this down

Ahhh ok

This is where we disagree

At least for me, I always operate understanding that these types of videos are made for people who don't get it or rather haven't gotten it so the creator is like... Ok, I see I gotta really break this down

I can understand why you think that. It might just be me being a cynic, but a lot of vids like this are made to pander. For example, maybe only 5 out of 100 of his critics might be completely denying intersectionality, but if his core supporters are black women, then he's going to make a vid like this going at those 5 to pander to his supporters.

My major problem with vids like this is that they don't ever acknowledge the more nuanced views. It's fine to go at the cavemen, but why do these cats never make vids addressing finer points? Or at the very least, why not give examples of how black men are out here supporting patriarchy at women's expense. Make a substantive case rather than trying to be condescending for clicks.

I can understand why you think that. It might just be me being a cynic, but a lot of vids like this are made to pander. For example, maybe only 5 out of 100 of his critics might be completely denying intersectionality, but if his core supporters are black women, then he's going to make a vid like this going at those 5 to pander to his supporters.

My major problem with vids like this is that they don't ever acknowledge the more nuanced views. It's fine to go at the cavemen, but why do these cats never make vids addressing finer points? Or at the very least, why not give examples of how black men are out here supporting patriarchy at women's expense. Make a substantive case rather than trying to be condescending for clicks.
Fair on all points

I'm too lazy to search his tik tok to see if he actually has videos addressing the things you've pointed out but fair points nonetheless

I think yall view Patriarchy as always positive to everybody. I get that but if a good segment of the po
We don’t live in a patriarchy.

We have no clue what a real one is in the US

Bruh here you go with absolutes. No we are not legally in a patriarchy like Arabia but men do run this country

I think yall view Patriarchy as always positive to everybody. I get that but if a good segment of the po

Bruh here you go with absolutes. No we are not legally in a patriarchy like Arabia but men do run this country
Lmao.

Sure buddy. We run this country lololololol

A select few white folks though. Not men

I think one problem, and it's been shown in this thread, is the battle of "who has it harder". All that does is people minimizing the bullshit we all deal with in an attempt to make their case for being the most left behind. You'd have to be an idiot to deny the reality that there are many areas in society that do not favor women. Thats just a fact that can't be disputed. You'd also have to be stupid to not acknowledge the ways in which society pushes men towards some of the ideals and behaviors that are also deemed as toxic and unproductive. If the conversation can't start with that basic acknowledgement from both sides then it's just people talking past each other trying to get their personal gripes on men/women off

Back