Welcome To aBlackWeb

MTA ends cash transactions at subway booths

Never used public transit post
200.gif

Would you mind explaining the fundamental different between the two systems that would lead to something that has been successfully implemented in DC not working in NYC?

youre comparing cities that are vastly different in infrastructure. nyc is much larger and mta is the primary source of transportation for a lot of people.

about 2.3 million ppl ride the train in nyc vs 600,000 or so ppl that ride the train in dc.

mta should understand they are servicing a lot of people, comprised of various incomes and socioeconomic backgrounds.

the whole point should be making shit easier for ALL commuters.

why yall wish to debate basic humanity is beyond me.

You're conscience level is over 9000! It's a tough ride!

i just think shit should work for the betterment of everybody. better train operations doesnt just help poor ppl but everybody that depends on public transit

we are so dependent on technology but technology fails all the time and ive spent hours fidgeting with a fucked up kiosk to know that youre going to need something else in place.

Before the pandemic, I was taking the metro from md to Springfield, va. From first stop to last stop. I prefer that then driving in that traffic. I can read or rest on the train while they take me to my destination. If I drive, I have to do all the work, lol.

i just think shit should work for the betterment of everybody. better train operations doesnt just help poor ppl but everybody that depends on public transit

we are so dependent on technology but technology fails all the time and ive spent hours fidgeting with a fucked up kiosk to know that youre going to need something else in place.
From the numerous stuff youve posted you have a very future oriented mind/heart. It's not a lot of your kind on the planet and lower frequency people will try and shut you down, but you've noticed that part already.

From the numerous stuff youve posted you have a very future oriented mind/heart. It's not a lot of your kind on the planet and lower frequency people will try and shut you down, but you've noticed that part already.

you know what? thanks B_A

i appreciate the kind words. your perspective really made my day ❣️

• Love
Reactions: B_A
the whole point should be making shit easier for ALL commuters.

you keep stressing this point thinking it's possible.

some people want more cops on trains, some people want less. some people want more kiosks, some people want more booth ops. some people want better timetables for the trains, some people are ok with it now. some people want cleaner subway cars, some people don't give a shit. some people want more of a particular train, some want more of another train. some want more trains to go to certain parts of the boroughs, some think they go far enough. some want more trains at certain hours, some want less trains at certain hours.

what is this magical solution you have that'll make "ALL commuters" happy? AND have you pitched this solution to the NYC MTA?

Back