Welcome To aBlackWeb

MTA ends cash transactions at subway booths

You said they should have a mix of booths and kiosks and "anything else that might help" whatever the fuck that means.

I essentially said the same shit this morning and you nosigned it šŸ˜†

nigga you aint said shit but stick ppl by the kiosk for a couple of days

shut up

nigga you aint said shit but stick ppl by the kiosk for a couple of days

shut up

Loud and wrong as usual. Nobody said shit about a couple of days. Fuck outa here.

There's always going to be a need for people to assist with the kiosks to some extent. Especially if they just yank the rug out and take away the booths with people all at once. But eventually once the people that aren't used to the kiosks get acclimated and learn how to do it without assistance obviously the number of people needed to assist will go down

In Chicago we have these machines and we don't need the booth operator. Put your card in and then add your money. NY should put these in

View attachment 568760
NY does have these just not a lot and during rush hour with people trying to get to work that line can be ridiculous. Also sometimes these machines don't work correctly.

Loud and wrong as usual. Nobody said shit about a couple of days. Fuck outa here.

There's always going to be a need for people to assist with the kiosks to some extent. Especially if they just yank the rug out and take away the booths with people all at once. But eventually once the people that aren't used to the kiosks get acclimated and learn how to do it without assistance obviously the number of people needed to assist will go down

youre too dependent on the kiosk

so if i research wmata (i already know the answer) all im going to read is how wonderful the metro is and how it serves all communities, right?

Is there any institution on earth that you will find nothing but positive things if you research it?

Homeless and low income people are able to get around using the current system. That's all that matters. If NYC implements a similar system adequately, it should work the same.

Now if you're saying you don't believe the MTA as an organization is competent enough to do that, then that's another story.

Looks like everyone will be when they get rid of the booths with people.

And so long as people are getting where they need to go and the assistance they need.. I dont see an issue

people are NOT being assisted and having trouble getting where they need to go as is

thats the issue

whats not clicking?

Wmata is battling with issues of low ridership. Compared to the buses, the subway has dropped dramatically in ridership due to the pandemic. They are trying to close many stations with the least amount of riders. Some people are against that since it impacts their commute and community. Finding another station for some would be extremely difficult to where they might not even bother with riding the subway anymore. If they cant get funding for their 2022 budget, alot of stations and bus routes will be closed.

Then there is the ride fare increase to try and make up for loses.

Wmata has not had issues with people getting cards since this has been around for years. At least I havent heard of it from the years I have been riding. I could be wrong.

I understand that NYC is different and it will take time for that roll out to work. Change is always slow.

I think the problem there actually started before the pandemic when they were doing all that work in the stations. They changed the operation time and really made it difficult people traveling outside of the peak hours. Then the pandemic came along and devastated the peak hour metro use. It still hasn't recovered.

Is there any institution on earth that you will find nothing but positive things if you research it?

Homeless and low income people are able to get around using the current system. That's all that matters. If NYC implements a similar system adequately, it should work the same.

Now if you're saying you don't believe the MTA as an organization is competent enough to do that, then that's another story.

so i take that as a no!

thanks sir

nice chat

I think the problem there actually started before the pandemic when they were doing all that work in the stations. They changed the operation time and really made it difficult people traveling outside of the peak hours. Then the pandemic came along and devastated the peak hour metro use. It still hasn't recovered.
Yeah, when I was still working in dc, the after hours runs use to be helpful during the weekdays. When they changed the time and trains stopped running after 11pm, that fucked up my game. There were times I had to work late. I would finish quick and jet to the station to catch the last train, lol. I was working on e st and had to catch foggy bottom. If I missed, had to catch an ubber back to maryland. Thankfully it was after peak hours so price wasnt bad. Then if I did happy hours, had to watch the clock for the least train, lol

Last edited:
MTA gets there money off of tax surcharges on cellphone bills from New Yorkers, no matter what MTA is going to get their money one way or another.

ā€œIf there was a $5 monkey fee, even if they couldnā€™t explain it, you would still have to pay,ā€ sniped Danny Schluck, 28, of Bushwick.

New Yorkersā€™ cellphone levies include a 4 percent state sales tax, a 4.125 percent city sales tax, and three MTA taxes that add up to 0.98 percent.

Yeah, when I was still working in dc, the after hours runs use to be helpful during the weekdays. When they changed the time and trains stopped running after 11pm, that fucked up my game. There were times I had to work late. I would finish quick and jet to the station to catch the last train, lol. I was working on e st and had to catch foggy bottom. If I missed, had to catch an ubber back to maryland. Thankfully it was after peak hours so price wasnt bad. Then if I did happy hours, had to watch the clock for the least train, lol

Bruh, I remember when they first opened back up. I didn't realize they permanently changed the hours. I tried to catch the train at 2 am. I was so blown when they said it closed at 11pm. I had to take a $40 Uber home.

Our discussion was about whether it was problematic to remove booth operators in favor of machines that take cash, and you're posting a tweet about the impact that a collapsed bridge will have on low income people who need to access the Metro.

lol I don't know what to say about that.

you said the metro is accessible for all and one of the best public transit systems in the region

a collapsed bridge proves youre just blowing smoke and sawdust up our ass

Back