Welcome To aBlackWeb

MTA ends cash transactions at subway booths

So do they still have the machines that can take money and give you a card or not? If they do, then there is no problem here. If they are taking away all cash options and doing it in a sudden manner that will make it difficult for some people to travel for a while, that's messed up.
The machines exchange your card when it’s old, and they take both cash and card.

I only thought the booth operators were there to answer questions. I’ve never seen any money actually given to them before.

The machines exchange your card when it’s old, and they take both cash and card.

I only thought the booth operators were there to answer questions. I’ve never seen any money actually given to them before.

I've definitely seen it and done it, but it's like 1 in 10000. I don't too like the booth agents. Some of them mfs rude as hell.

hey if what your saying is shit, imma wack it @Inori

:js4:

all i stated was the elimantion of cash is problematic for a certain demographic of people. especially when the kiosk barely work and hardly ever have enough change.

public transit is a service for the entire public, therefore stations should service all people and all forms of tender. dassit

idgaf about why YOU think its a good idea or your lopsided opinions on how YOU think booths should function. the ultimate question is: does this help or hurt people in the long run? does this add more time to folxs daily commute? what is the plan for those that may not use cash or have access to banks (debit card/credit cards) ? will this be sustainable for tourist coming from outside the country?

ultimately, is this move convenient for ALL people?

you should arrive at H E L L N O

First and foremost, most major metropolitan cities already operate without booth operators. DC, LA, etc. I’m surprised it took NYC this long.

Secondly, one of the reasons the toll is high is because the MTA is paying all these people to do very little. I’d rather reassign them to more upkeep duty, and dirty as the stations are.

Third, there are enough kiosks in each station to where it doesn’t slow down anyone’s commute.

And I’d appreciate it if you keep your bubble headed ass off my reactions. You’re wrong on this one. Just eat it.

Pretty sure they have the same or similar machines and it takes cash or card. If your card is damaged you can get a new one as well
Lol at chicago tryna tell nyc how to transit..

tenor.gif

hey if what your saying is shit, imma wack it @Inori

:js4:

Remember this the next time you wanna cuss people out when you get a wack or a nosign Race... lol

all i stated was the elimantion of cash is problematic for a certain demographic of people. especially when the kiosk barely work and hardly ever have enough change.

public transit is a service for the entire public, therefore stations should service all people and all forms of tender. dassit

They arent eliminating cash though.. they are replacing the people with machines..which whether we like it or not will continue to happen going forward in multiple sectors.Since there will be more usage of these machines, one would think/hope there would be increase of these machines along with topping them up and maintaining them to make sure they are working efficiently since that will now be the main way to purchase a fare/card.

idgaf about why YOU think its a good idea or your lopsided opinions on how YOU think booths should function. the ultimate question is: does this help or hurt people in the long run? does this add more time to folxs daily commute? what is the plan for those that may not use cash or have access to banks (debit card/credit cards) ? will this be sustainable for tourist coming from outside the country?

ultimately, is this move convenient for ALL people?

you should arrive at H E L L N O

What's the current plan for people that dont use cash or have access to banks(debit/credit cards)? If you dont have cash or a debit/credit card aint nothing a booth operator can do to help you to get a ticket...

Remember this the next time you wanna cuss people out when you get a wack or a nosign Race... lol

They arent eliminating cash though.. they are replacing the people with machines..which whether we like it or not will continue to happen going forward in multiple sectors.Since there will be more usage of these machines, one would think/hope there would be increase of these machines along with topping them up and maintaining them to make sure they are working efficiently since that will now be the main way to purchase a fare/card.

What's the current plan for people that dont use cash or have access to banks(debit/credit cards)? If you dont have cash or a debit/credit card aint nothing a booth operator can do to help you to get a ticket...

thanks for proving my point that these systems arent public friendly

and if you think the machines are going to go thru routine maintence than youre a lot more impressionable than i orginally thought

just because things are the way they are doesnt mean they cant be better or function in a way that helps ALL people

/thread

Assuming that you are working with the same data that they are that likely says most people use the kiosks and the percentage of sales at the actual booths with people are dropping yearly...

How would you propose this situation be fixed then Race? How would you handle it if you were in charge?

Back