Welcome To aBlackWeb

MTA ends cash transactions at subway booths

so folks who don't know how to use the technology, don't have a bank card or other tech to use the machines don't get to ride the subway??? sounds like the goal is to keep the houseless off the trains and out of the stations

and oh yea! ending jobs for countless people

what the fuck is debate here?

So stores open at 3 and 4am, you're being stupid on purpose

some stores are open 24 hrs

but people shouldnt have to do all that just to ride the train

“get up and go to cvs”

lmao no dumbass nigga the stations should service the needs of all people

so folks who don't know how to use the technology, don't have a bank card or other tech to use the machines don't get to ride the subway??? sounds like the goal is to keep the houseless off the trains and out of the stations

and oh yea! ending jobs for countless people

what the fuck is debate here?
Can the homeless buy a card and put money on it?

Where is a homeless person going on a train btw? Like where are they going that they need to take the train?

I dont think they should get rid of all of the booths...not all at once anyway... and if they do they should have people by the machines at least to assist some of the elderly who may be confused by the machines initially.

This type of automation will continue to happen though and more jobs will be lost to automation. Universal Basic Income will HAVE to happen eventually due to automation theres no way around it IMO

The elderly can’t use a machine that’s been around for years and years but they can use the subway by themself everyday lol

also lol @ ppl next to the machines to assist

it’s NEW YORK

i honestly didn't even know booth agents handled damaged cards. years ago when i had damaged card i mailed in it anyways, and got a new one (4-6 weeks later). in the meantime i just bought a new card. don't see what's do complicated about that.

Back