Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

He was on some bullshit trying to get more money than RDJ if I'm not mistaken

didnt he have more star power at the time and vouched for RDJ?

I think Howard was actually paid more than RDJ in Iron Man and when they were negotiating with Howard for Iron Man 2 they tried to play him on the money side

Reactions: GNS
didnt he have more star power at the time and vouched for RDJ?

I think Howard was actually paid more than RDJ in Iron Man and when they were negotiating with Howard for Iron Man 2 they tried to play him on the money side
He probably was but fuck him

They replaced Bruce Banner too, how many people dropped the MCU bag
I can't remember if they even asked Ed Norton if he wanted to return to the role

I don't think there was anything bad that happened in this case

I've watched the first two Iron Man movies, Incredible Hulk and Thor. The Hulk movie was the only one I didn't like so far. I'm currently on The Avengers, after this I'll watch Captain America since he had some flashbacks in the beginning I wanna know what happened.

I kept dozing off trying to finish the first Captain America movie. Red Skull dies in the first movie, wasn't him and CA lifelong adversaries? That's what I believed as a kid.

I can't remember if they even asked Ed Norton if he wanted to return to the role

I don't think there was anything bad that happened in this case
What was that all about? Well, for one thing, there were differences in creative vision over what The Incredible Hulk was supposed to be between Edward Norton and Marvel. In 2019, the former explained to The New York Times that he wanted to take the character in a direction similar to Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy. Norton alleged that while Marvel was initially receptive to this plan, the company later reversed course. In the book The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (via The Direct), Kevin Feige said the Godzilla movies heavily inspired the second MCU feature.
All that would be more than enough for Edward Norton and Marvel Studios not getting along, but it doesn’t end there. Edward Norton sat out doing interviews for The Incredible Hulk during the promotional campaign. EW reported that this boiled down to a disagreement he had with producers over the movie’s runtime, as Norton wanted a “longer, more detailed” story, and Marvel preferred a “faster, leaner one.”

Back