Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

mid 90s....it was solid. Not as good as Kids. Tho I don't think anything will ever top Kids, so not really a fair comparison. I dug it tho. I was in my teens in the 90s. So this is my era. Of course I wasn't a skater tho. The blk kid stole the movie hands down imo. Solid watch, lotta heart. Def gone watch again.

Last edited:
Over the last month or thereabouts

On Netflix:

Outlaw/King - story about Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland in the 14th century who battled the government of England for independence

I'm not a big fan of medieval swords and horses with sandals and carriages but within historical contexts... I liked this anyway and it is extremely violent just like how I assume it was in those days

Roma - semi autobiographical film by Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron

Story revolves around a maid who lives with and works for a middle class family in Mexico

Shot in black and white and with excellent production design to Mexico of the early 70s it's a masterpiece especially the photography ... every scene shot has a sort of deep meaning behind the story

Very touching and heartbreaking in some parts... The values of how we treat our fellow humans emphasised

The Dark Knight Rises - loved the batmobile and bat bike ... best actor here was Anne Hathaway who plays Catwoman. Ironically she is the one who murks Bane ...

Pain & Gain - Michael Bay directed movie about a true story about extortion based in Miami in the 90s

Bay never grew up as a filmmaker sadly... I think his best movie is still the first Bad Boys

Jack Reacher: Never go back

0/5

shit looks like Tom just wanted a reason to go to NOLA...this shit was butt

Thought this would be corny, but it's actually not bad. It has a bit of dark humor and thrill.
Kinda reminiscent of the movie Gone Girl.

Anybody watched this in full? I tried last night and abandoned the movie 35 mins in. Idk if it has a slow start or just complete trash.

The Dark Knight Rises - loved the batmobile and bat bike ... best actor here was Anne Hathaway who plays Catwoman. Ironically she is the one who murks Bane ...

Pain & Gain - Michael Bay directed movie about a true story about extortion based in Miami in the 90s

Bay never grew up as a filmmaker sadly... I think his best movie is still the first Bad Boys
Michael Bay is one of my fave directors.

You niggas should learn to respect the opinions of others

Bay ain't my style but he might be for someone else

The Island
Transformers
Pearl Harbor
The Island wasnt bad at all
Transformers are some of the worst movies I've ever seend
Never seen Pearl Harbor but heard bad things

Say my man, who you callin a teen aged, white crackhead?
source.gif

You my nigga, im calling you all that.

Back