Welcome To aBlackWeb

Niggas be killing me wanting a Malcolm X type dialogue style movie in a movie about fighting and gore. This shit is a arcade game brought to life of you're looking for a high-end story this movie and monster verse movies ain't it. Niggas is fighting and killing shit that's all lol
Not high quality but goddamn at least a decent story.
Cole was a total bullshit. Shot ton of other characters from the game they could have based it around.
That hakana bullshit is just the dumbest, Brian dead, pointless, nonsensical shit I've seen in a movie for a long while. The dragon mark was done in MK 2 and done better.
They reduced Goro to a lame ass assassin that got murk'd in 5min.
Mileena, with her thick ass, got killed by a regular power attack. They didn't even have the decency to kill her by fatality.

niggas acting like the originals were some fuckin masterpieces 🤣

"THEY DID GORO DIRTY!!!!!"

Didnt the original fight with Goro start with him getting punched in the dick and then eventually kicked off a cliff or some shit?

lmao that nostalgia got yall fucked up. Sometimes mindless action flicks are just mindless action flicks
They showed other fights he was in during the tournament. Remember he beat the shit out that black guy and a montage of him.knovking other fighters to the ground

Once more they need to do this as a TV show and not as a movie. They'll have far more success. Mortal Kombat has over 80 characters each with their own arc, some who die at different points and others who have children or siblings who take over the character. You can do a 4 season show with 10-12 episodes a season that'll allow them to go deeper into the MK universe. Make it rated R for the fatality component and that way you dont have to worry too much about acting because you can find 3 maybe 4 actors who have chops who can carry major arcs while the rest of the cast supports.
They could but WB want that Disney money

226b1a4012a74718560774127c31dce19ec6eb75.gifv

49bbbd83cc73c563f4041d9b52af4862a944fea2.gifv

f259405cb07d1d09b3c2ab39b6f90aeeae9d91b4.gifv

9678c28c84049aaa6449dab78a953ce2dc5b8a33.gifv

5f025499866eae8493f76b5786544d6a4d1f1699.gifv

47ffe75791ffd9d40f12d6d95446b4e971ec50d2.gifv

0f1996a06ed2405e5fea7f8a6ca20f36b61a7a2d.gifv

Mortal & Mediocre

PRAISE: If you ever loved video games like Mortal Kombat and Pit Fighter like I did you will find things to like and cheer about in this 2021 film version of the game.
The story : Hunted by the fearsome warrior Sub-Zero, MMA fighter Cole Young finds sanctuary at the temple of Lord Raiden. Training with experienced fighters Liu Kang, Kung Lao and the rogue mercenary Kano, Cole prepares to stand with Earth's greatest champions to take on the enemies from Outworld in a high-stakes battle for the universe.

I got a lot of laughs out of this one especially from Josh Lawson as Kano from beginning to end his character was entertaining .Some truly funny and salty one liners are coupled with the fight sequences.
Other actors do their best to represent the popular characters in the game.
I admire their commitment to the choreography in the fight scenes.
There are plenty of good kills that are not for the faint of heart and tons of fan service. The sets and SFX were pretty good.
Honorable Mention to Sisi Stringer as Mileena you gave it to them nice and nasty !!

PROBLEMS: Nothing about the plot really grabbed me. The animated Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge actually had a more involving plot .There is a cheesiness that envelopes the movie and it comes through via the acting especially when actors try to deliver lines with urgency but sound like they are reading their lines off a teleprompter.
It's funny how it's stated over and over again how characters have to reach a level of Chi or whatever to get their full powers but it seemed pretty simple to attain by just doing something simple.
With the characters that keep popping up throughout the movie I was actually shocked they left some out.

Scale of 1-10 a 6

I think at some point in the movie dude was like the other gods are too lazy to give a fuck about the bullshit im doin out here lol
Naw. Plot hole plain and simple. That should of gave Raiden the means to enact the repercussion. But Raiden backed down.

Back