Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

I never liked south park either but its one of the biggest shows ever.

-man show
-win ben stein money
-insomniac with dave atell
-daily show

Were all big

Plus the stand up specials "premium blend"

So those were "big" but everybody hates chris, americas top model, wwe smack down, buffy the vampire, etc aren't big? lol cmon yall, yall gotta do better than this

U claimin WB shows for UPN u movin goalposts
zFJQ6j-XTd_2ZGY_VB-TFQ.png

Her following ain’t big enough to warrant a big check.

Instead or trying to negotiate a bigger deal or trying to go to a different avenue, she complains.

Company’s all over the world always get small offeres and either negotiate for a bigger , take their business somewhere else or take the offer.

Shes a bad comedian and even worst business person.

Her following ain’t big enough to warrant a big check.

Instead or trying to negotiate a bigger deal or trying to go to a different avenue, she complains.

Company’s all over the world always get small offeres and either negotiate for a bigger , take their business somewhere else or take the offer.

Shes a bad comedian and even worst business person.

In her sway interview she said she tried to negotiate and they dubbed her and said take the 500k or nothin

Monique got an oscar. That more than anybody mentioned in thread. Winning an Oscar should get you a lil more than a million.

That Oscar should get her more than a milly for a movie, or a show. It has absolutely nothing to do with stand-up comedy, which is an entirely different genre.

In her sway interview she said she tried to negotiate and they dubbed her and said take the 500k or nothin

That’s called business. I don’t see the problem with how Netflix handled it.

They made her a offer and she didn’t like it. Take the offer or leave it. What’s the point in boycotting Netflix because they didn’t want to overpay you.

She was suppose to speak out. 500k was a disrespectful offer compared to the offers her peers got. She's not even worth 1/10th of that amy chick? Word? cmon man.

But that goes back to us needing to have our own shit.

Tyler Perry and Monique have a following because they both know how to cater to ignorance.

Lol dont be an uppity negro. People like ignorant shit especially in comedy. Tyler Perry corny af true but he always got a message and it aint always ignorant. Monique comedy to me is for everybody just catered towards women. Dont mean ignorant.

I still stick to my point about needing to see how much Kat Williams and Chris Tucker got for their specials.... that would provide a better baseline on the situation.. cuz I count those two as "niche" comedians that not too many people are checking for as well

I see where you're going with it, but would u say that Amy chick is a "niche" comedian?

Amy was the bigger name at the time. She had multiple big movies coming out and the Netflix was trying to capitalize on that.

Mo does not have that for her. So she should built her buzz back up and make a cool half a million

I see where you're going with it, but would u say that Amy chick is a "niche" comedian?

Considering that damn near none of us are familiar with her work or standups.. yeah I would...

Only time I even heard that chicks name is when she was accused of stealing shit from Patrice Oneal.

So yeah I personally would classify her as niche.. but she happens to have a bigger "niche" following apparently... which is prolly why she got the bigger check *shrugs*

Lol dont be an uppity negro. People like ignorant shit especially in comedy. Tyler Perry corny af true but he always got a message and it aint always ignorant. Monique comedy to me is for everybody just catered towards women. Dont mean ignorant.

Ain't no one being "uppity". Fuck is you even saying? Tyler Perry and Monique largely cater to an ignorant audience. Just cuz they have works that may be outliers does not mean that most of their stuff has not been about ignorant and/or corny shit.

It is what it is.

Back