Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

The guy in the vid above was funny but he has a point. People like a bargain. Even Netflix. Instead of using social media to raise a useless boycott of Netflix, she should have used it to promote, promote, promote her upcoming special. She still has a huge following from the Parkers alone. It would have been financial leverage for more shows. Now? Nothing.

I joked about how women aren't funny but I was trollin, yall niggas dead ass about that shit lol There's mad funny women out here.

Is monique on the level of chappelle, rock, etc? hell nah, but you can't deny her impact on the game.

She's had her own sitcom that went 5 seasons, most shows don't make it to 5 seasons. Her own talk show, won an oscar, etc. That aint nothing to sneeze at.

And ain't none of that shit got anything to do w/ her stand-up.

Queens was damn near 20 years ago slim

And imo stand-up ain't the same as acting in a comedy movie or tv show.

Eddie hasn't done one in 3 decades but I guarantee if he came back to do one for netflix he'll be getting what rock and chappelle got. Shit, didn't seinfeld just do one, i bet he got what they got and prolly even more.

It's hard to tell how much seinfeld got for the special alone cuz his "comedians in cars" series came with the deal, but he made over 100mill for it.

She not funny.

Mo and her agent couldn’t negotiate a bigger contract. Oh well. She not worth Dave and Rock money so that alone killed it for me.

Her following is so small. Seems like theybwas throwing her a bone

It's hard to tell how much seinfeld got for the special alone cuz his "comedians in cars" series came with the deal, but he made over 100mill for it.

Seinfeld is also a legend and, once again, there are no legendary women comedians. Monique isn't on par with Robin Harris, Patrice O'Neal, Bill Burr, Louis C.K, Redd Foxx, etc.

I lmao at a Sebastian Maniscalco and Trevor Noah comedy special more than I have ever laughed at Monique. Being loud =/= being funny.

Name something, anything, she's done that's funnier than, even say, a Pimp Chronicles. You can't. Because it doesn't exist.

I never found Louis C.K funny but I wouldn't say he's not a legend/future legend. I don't listen to Cube albums, but the nigga's a legend. I say that to say, her comedy might not be for me or u, but somebody liked it. She had a sitcom for 5 plus seasons, somebody was watchin that shit. She had the queens of comedy tour, somebody was going to see her.

Back