Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

yall are sitting up here defending capitalists who have created a ceiling & an exploitative economy around Black womens talent. And I just...Mo’Nique is so right in that YALL are doing all their work for them.

White people can do whatever they want to with they money. The employee doesn't tell the employer what to do

Uh... @Race Jones Haven't read the whole thread yet, but you do know that 800k is for voice work on a cartoon, right? If you look that shit up, that's a damn good deal. It's not a stand-up special. Plus, she's gonna be like a producer on the show or sumin. Which is even more awesome.

I think you forgot to read the fine print. If someone stated this in the following pages, my bad. Lol.

Last edited:
Uh... @Race Jones Haven't read the whole thread yet, but you do know that 800k is for voice work on a cartoon, right? If you look that shit up, that's a damn good deal. It's not a stand-up special. Plus, she's gonna be like a producer on the show or sumin. Which is even more awesome.

I think you forgot to read the fine print. If someone stated this in the following pages, my bad. Lol.
Race and Knock dont read fine print

if it aint the headline, they not checking for the actual details

*eye roll*

I debated this very topic on FB and as you can see from the amount of comments, ya girl is tired of talking about this

3945932D-FD9C-43E5-9418-95E18DD6B689.png

Feel how you wish to feel babe.

I just know that NONE of you gave a sound argument on why you disagree with Mo’nique sooooo I am done here

*eye roll*

I debated this very topic on FB and as you can see from the amount of comments, ya girl is tired of talking about this

View attachment 32642

Feel how you wish to feel babe.

I just know that NONE of you gave a sound argument on why you disagree with Mo’nique sooooo I am done here

Nah. On this topic, you're absolutely wrong. Voice work for a cartoon is not equivalent to a stand-up special.

Tom Hanks got 10 mill for voice work on Toy Story. Amy Schumer got 13 mill for a stand-up special. You mean to tell me that that unfunny, joke stealin', uglass bitch is worth more than one of the greatest actors of all time? In an established, animated blockbuster franchise?

Steve Carrell got 500k for Despicable Me. And this is AFTER the success of The Office, 40 Year Old Virgin, and Anchorman.

My point is: In Hollywood, all work is not created equal. And while voice work CAN BE lucrative, it doesn't compare to the more traditional methods of acting.

Tiffany got a dope deal. You can try to spin that shit however you'd like, but it is what it is. If anything, it just shows you how low they think of Monique. Her stand-up ain't even worth an up and coming comedienne's voice over work.

Nah. On this topic, you're absolutely wrong. Voice work for a cartoon is not equivalent to a stand-up special.

Tom Hanks got 10 mill for voice work on Toy Story. Amy Schumer got 13 mill for a stand-up special. You mean to tell me that that unfunny, joke stealin', uglass bitch is worth more than one of the greatest actors of all time? In an established, animated blockbuster franchise?

Steve Carrell got 500k for Despicable Me. And this is AFTER the success of The Office, 40 Year Old Virgin, and Anchorman.

My point is: In Hollywood, all work is not created equal. And while voice work CAN BE lucrative, it doesn't compare to the more traditional methods of acting.

Tiffany got a dope deal. You can try to spin that shit however you'd like, but it is what it is. If anything, it just shows you how low they think of Monique. Her stand-up ain't even worth an up and coming comedienne's voice over work.

BYEEEEEEEEEE

When Tiffany gets a stand-up special, which she most certainly will, there will be a bidding war for who gets to host it. Guaranteed Netflix will be in the running. Guaranteed it'll pay more than 800k.

Can't wait to revisit this thread then.

“Mo'Nique: Black women don't get paid what we're worth. We need you to stand with us.
Y'all: Mo'Nique should have just played the game.
Wanda Sykes: Mo'Nique is right. Black women don't get what we deserve. The same thing happened to me.
Y'all: Well...Mo'Nique isn't talented and she hasn't been working.
[^^LIES]
Viola Davis: Black women don't get the roles or money we deserve. If I'm the black Meryl Streep then pay me like Meryl Streep.
Y'all: Mo'Nique just needs new management.
Tracee Ellis Ross: I deserve to be compensated fairly.
Y'all: Mo'Nique should just take what she gets.
Octavia Spencer: My white friend had to tie my contract to hers so I could get paid what I deserve.
Y'all: Mo'Nique should have just played the game.
Gabrielle Union: Black people are invisible in Hollywood.
Y'all: Mo'Nique just needs to work more.
[^^HOW SWAY?]
Jada Pinkett Smith: We should be supporting the light Mo'Nique is shining on this truth.
Y'all: Mo'Nique did this to herself - Ava DuVernay is doing fine with Netflix.
Ava DuVernay: I'm an anomaly. Hollywood still has MUCH work to do.”

At what point do y'all realize how ignorant you are?

Last edited:
Look, it's one thing if you just don't care because "rich people issues." But anyone who's still pretending like Mo'Nique isn't at least 85% right and vilifying her...likely has some unresolved issues with Black women that need to be worked out.

Like...just acknowledge that basic fact and go.

You respectable (and/or misogynoiristic) niggas never cease to amaze me.

Tiffany Haddish still didnt reach a mil and Im sure she was any “relevant” WHITE comedian/actress she would have, animated series or not.

Ain't no one shifting no damn goal post. A few of y'all heard that Netflix offered Tiffany 800k and you thought, "Ha. Monique was right! They keep lowballing black women!" without even checking the stats first. So eager to prove your point, that you'll dismiss the logical perspective.

I gave you actual numbers that show you the value of voice over work for cartoons. And I used white men as the standard! They're the status quo, for heaven's sake. And Tiffany is getting more for her work than Steve Carrell got for his. Along with production credit.

One of the girls who did Elsa's voice in Frozen only got a lousy G, and that movie made a billion dollars.

I'm providing you with facts and examples and you're choosing to dismiss them because they completely dismantle your argument.

I know you're tired of it, but shit is funny to me. Monique is an unfunny douchebag that ain't getting paid what her inflated ego says she's worth. *shrugs* Oh well. Tough titties.

i was gon make a comment about how fire i think Race's sexual talents are, but that sounds sexist or something

so i will say, @Race Jones, i enjoy when you post, even when i disagree

you are a very diverse individual and i got mad respect for you

hope you have a great weekend

Ill say this, yall niggas love fist-bumping and bro bonding over the demise and pain of Black women.

Im not even speaking about just Mo’nique here. I mean anytime a Black woman speaks about her experiences yall silence and derail and gaslight tf outta her.

fucking disgusting.

I debate a lot of shit on here and speak on panels in real life and one thing is for sure, you niggas are all predictable.

Im done here.

Back