Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

Mo'Nique: Black women don't get paid what we're worth. We need you to stand with us.
Y'all: Mo'Nique should have just played the game.
Wanda Sykes: Mo'Nique is right. Black women don't get what we deserve. The same thing happened to me.
Y'all: Well...Mo'Nique isn't talented and she hasn't been working.
[^^LIES]
Viola Davis: Black women don't get the roles or money we deserve. If I'm the black Meryl Streep then pay me like Meryl Streep.
Y'all: Mo'Nique just needs new management.
Tracee Ellis Ross: I deserve to be compensated fairly.
Y'all: Mo'Nique should just take what she gets.
Octavia Spencer: My white friend had to tie my contract to hers so I could get paid what I deserve.
Y'all: Mo'Nique should have just played the game.
Gabrielle Union: Black people are invisible in Hollywood.
Y'all: Mo'Nique just needs to work more.
[^^HOW SWAY?]
Jada Pinkett Smith: We should be supporting the light Mo'Nique is shining on this truth.
Y'all: Mo'Nique did this to herself - Ava DuVernay is doing fine with Netflix.
Ava DuVernay: I'm an anomaly. Hollywood still has MUCH work to do.

At what point do y'all realize how ignorant you are?

They dont care yo. These niggas weird.

Bruh.....

..she glossed over all the facts u were spittin in the first 5 paragraphs...

....all the logic that, right or wrong, agree or disagree, makes this conversation more meaningful....

....and instead of addressin the real shit....

"Why she a douche bag tho?"

View attachment 32689

I didnt gloss over shit genius

what he said mirrored what everybody else said

He didnt say anything different than what the last 8 men on this thread said

Last edited:
Because we all know that there's racial and gender issues in Hollywood. And we all know that black women are at the bottom of the totem pole. It's wack that y'all put up with that shit, in what's supposed to be professional environments. If a woman can do what I do, as well as I can or better, then pay her what she's worth.

In the instance of Hollywood, there should be no wage gap based on gender or race. It should be based on talent, credentials, and what you can bring to the table.

But this Monique shit ain't none of that. It's not a gender or racial issue. The issue is with her, and her alone. Her reputation precedes her. Whether it's verified, or unverified, is irrelevant at this point. So many top dogs have said it, people are going to listen. And her relevance is literally at 0. This is entertainment, and you want me to invest in someone that nobody's clamored to see in like 2 decades? At least not in a stand-up comedy setting.

So for her to use a platform that other women have already built up, for what can only be described as personal gain, yo, that shit is as foul as foul can get. And the way she disrespected CTG, and brought his family into a dispute, simply because he doesn't agree with her half baked point of view?

Nah. FDB and her weirdo husband. She's a douchebag. And I hope she don't get shit.

Damn son. Monique ain't even do nothing to you. LOL

On the real, both you and Race made good points. I just hope Monique can bounce back.

I dont think he like loud fat women or something

I don't like entitled, stupid people and ignorance.

You got sumin to say, my nigga? Or have you made yourself comfortable throwing your little fuckboy potshots?

You ain't made a decent point either way, yet you still here. It's fuckin amazing.

I don't like entitled, stupid people and ignorance.

You got sumin to say, my nigga? Or have you made yourself comfortable throwing your little fuckboy potshots?

You ain't made a decent point either way, yet you still here. It's fuckin amazing.

Shots thrown? Why no sir not at all. Yall the ones that got angrily mad at Monique. Fat bitch this loud bitch that. Blah blah.

If that's the conclusion that you and @Race Jones have come up with, after everything I've said, then you niggas ain't listening. You cherry picking what you want because it's convenient for y'alls little bullshit narrative.

I cant stand when niggas that never have an opinion about anything stay on my reactions

counter what Im saying or fuck off

If that's the conclusion that you and @Race Jones have come up with, after everything I've said, then you niggas ain't listening. You cherry picking what you want because it's convenient for y'alls little bullshit narrative.

Thats not the only conclusion I came up with nor does it matter. I think she shouldve got more than what was offered and i think her gripe is legit.

I cant stand when niggas that never have an opinion about anything stay on my reactions

Cool! Care to respond to these?
I gave you actual numbers that show you the value of voice over work for cartoons. And I used white men as the standard! They're the status quo, for heaven's sake. And Tiffany is getting more for her work than Steve Carrell got for his. Along with production credit.

One of the girls who did Elsa's voice in Frozen only got a lousy G, and that movie made a billion dollars.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't been following that strongly anymore, but didn't Tiffany Haddish get 800K for voice acting on a new show? That's a lot considering, to my knowledge, she's never even done that before. Also, didn't they say she has another deal with Netflix coming up, for which the money hasn't been disclosed? How does any of that prove that Monique was right about black women not getting paid enough especially when two black women at the top of their craft, Shonda and Ava, have received multi-million dollar contracts? If you don't respond to anything else, please answer that last question. Do you think Netflix is sexist/racist, but only with regard to stand-up comedians?

Last time your response was "BYEEEEE"

and somethin about us not caring about rich folks problems

Thats not the only conclusion I came up with nor does it matter. I think she shouldve got more than what was offered and i think her gripe is legit.

Nobody is disputing that, bruh. We've all said she should've gotten more, in the interest of objectivity. Her deal is shit. Amy was overpaid though and it backfired in Netflix's face.

But it's already been said that Amy is more relevant than Monique. And in the entertainment business, relevance often goes further than credentials.

This isn't a difficult concept to grasp. If someone offered Monique a mill for a movie, then I'd say, "That's whitey being whitey again, and lowballing another blackwoman." Because Monique is established, with Oscars, in the acting world, she should get Oscar money.

But acting in movies, and getting Oscars, ain't the same as stand-up. I don't know why everyone is forgetting this.

I didn't support Monique because of how unrealistic her views were about her own self worth and talent.

She was dogging other folks in comparison and to be honest I can't remember the last stand up from Mo that I thought was worth 13 - 30 Mil for a special.

If It were me, I wouldn't offer her that amount either.

But I guess i'll do a little more reading on the subject to make a fair assessment.
@Reesey u said u would do a little more reading to make a fair assessment...has your stance changed on this or are u also a black woman hater who doesnt care about rich folks problems?

yo get off my reactions weirdo @Valentinez A. Kaiser

Get out ya feelings @Race Jones
I jumped back into this thread today only to see you were doing a whole lot a squawking so gave you the reactions you deserve.

Went to get a trim so couldn't be asked to go back on all your points.......but I've got time today!

Back