Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

Ill say this, yall niggas love fist-bumping and bro bonding over the demise and pain of Black women.

Im not even speaking about just Mo’nique here. I mean anytime a Black woman speaks about her experiences yall silence and derail and gaslight tf outta her.

fucking disgusting.

I debate a lot of shit on here and speak on panels in real life and one thing is for sure, you niggas are all predictable.

Im done here.

i know you're done

so i'll just end my pov here

i will admit, i didnt one time, during this entire convo look at this from a black female perspective. Guilty as charged

I always looked at it from a business standpoint.

im not gonna go back and basically re-present what i've written for several posts, but i will admit, i didnt look at it through her pov as a black woman

What makes her a douche bag?

You know what? fuck it

Peace

Because we all know that there's racial and gender issues in Hollywood. And we all know that black women are at the bottom of the totem pole. It's wack that y'all put up with that shit, in what's supposed to be professional environments. If a woman can do what I do, as well as I can or better, then pay her what she's worth.

In the instance of Hollywood, there should be no wage gap based on gender or race. It should be based on talent, credentials, and what you can bring to the table.

But this Monique shit ain't none of that. It's not a gender or racial issue. The issue is with her, and her alone. Her reputation precedes her. Whether it's verified, or unverified, is irrelevant at this point. So many top dogs have said it, people are going to listen. And her relevance is literally at 0. This is entertainment, and you want me to invest in someone that nobody's clamored to see in like 2 decades? At least not in a stand-up comedy setting.

So for her to use a platform that other women have already built up, for what can only be described as personal gain, yo, that shit is as foul as foul can get. And the way she disrespected CTG, and brought his family into a dispute, simply because he doesn't agree with her half baked point of view?

Nah. FDB and her weirdo husband. She's a douchebag. And I hope she don't get shit.

And this is with whom yall place ya faith

Tiffany Haddish wack

Ya mama wack.

tenor.gif

Nah. FDB and her weirdo husband. She's a douchebag. And I hope she don't get shit.
Bruh.....

..she glossed over all the facts u were spittin in the first 5 paragraphs...

....all the logic that, right or wrong, agree or disagree, makes this conversation more meaningful....

....and instead of addressin the real shit....

"Why she a douche bag tho?"

tenor.gif

Tiffany Haddish is funny

But her standup is not

There are alot of ppl like that

800k for voiceover work is a nice easy check tho

Tiffany Haddish still didnt reach a mil and Im sure she was any “relevant” WHITE comedian/actress she would have, animated series or not.

I haven't been following that strongly anymore, but didn't Tiffany Haddish get 800K for voice acting on a new show? That's a lot considering, to my knowledge, she's never even done that before. Also, didn't they say she has another deal with Netflix coming up, for which the money hasn't been disclosed? How does any of that prove that Monique was right about black women not getting paid enough especially when two black women at the top of their craft, Shonda and Ava, have received multi-million dollar contracts? If you don't respond to anything else, please answer that last question. Do you think Netflix is sexist/racist, but only with regard to stand-up comedians?

Tiffany Haddish is funny

But her standup is not

There are alot of ppl like that

800k for voiceover work is a nice easy check tho

Maybe so. This all I really seen from her but was shocked after abw and Charlemagne was hypin her

She gone brah lol

My only gripe is that bullshit narrative she be tryna paint: That if we not on board with her, then we got a problem with black women. That's that same fuck shit that Monique pulled on Charlamagne.

My mother is black. My wife is black. Fuck you mean I got a problem with BW? No. I gotta problem with stupid, entitled people that use the leg work of others to further their personal and selfish cause.

Me, personally? All that shit she posted earlier with what black women in Hollywood say, I agree with 100%. Shit is foul. There's no reason that someone like Tracee Ross doesn't get what Anthony Anderson gets on Blackish.

But Monique doesn't belong in that convo. But because of all the fuck shit that's going down in Hollwood, and because of what prominent black actresses have been saying, Monique wrongfully and selfishly inserted herself into that group and niggas hitched their wagon to her.

Well, "One of them is not like the others." G.dammit.

My only gripe is that bullshit narrative she be tryna paint: That if we not on board with her, then we got a problem with black women. That's that same fuck shit that Monique pulled on Charlamagne.

My mother is black. My wife is black. Fuck you mean I got a problem with BW? No. I gotta problem with stupid, entitled people that use the leg work of others to further their personal and selfish cause.

Me, personally? All that shit she posted earlier with what black women in Hollywood say, I agree with 100%. Shit is foul. There's no reason that someone like Tracee Ross doesn't get what Anthony Anderson gets on Blackish.

But Monique doesn't belong in that convo. But because of all the fuck shit that's going down in Hollwood, and because of what prominent black actresses have been saying, Monique wrongfully and selfishly inserted herself into that group and niggas hitched their wagon to her.

Well, "One of them is not like the others." G.dammit.

Here's the problem. With almost all those claims you can poke holes in them. A lot of people are playing this game that Monique played and people don't know enough about the situation to call bullshit. Take the bold. Why would Tracee Ross get paid as much as Anderson. Anderson was part of the pitch for the show and has been involved with it from the start. He also is one of the Executive Producers. Even if, onscreen, Ross is as funny as Anderson, which in itself is debatable, she still doesn't deserve to be paid as much as he does. Is she being paid what she deserves? Maybe not, but if people feel she's underpaid, they should just say that. They shouldn't compare apples to oranges and then cry foul when the two don't taste the same.

Here's the problem. With almost all those claims you can poke holes in them. A lot of people are playing this game that Monique played and people don't know enough about the situation to call bullshit. Take the bold. Why would Tracee Ross get paid as much as Anderson. Anderson was part of the pitch for the show and has been involved with it from the start. He also is one of the Executive Producers. Even if, onscreen, Ross is as funny as Anderson, which in itself is debatable, she still doesn't deserve to be paid as much as he does. Is she being paid what she deserves? Maybe not, but if people feel she's underpaid, they should just say that. They shouldn't compare apples to oranges and then cry foul when the two don't taste the same.

I can agree with that. But if she's being underpaid, then that's my issue.

Octavia Spencer essentially needing a white actress' cosign to get the money she deserves is some fucked up shit. I don't even know her movies, but I do know, if there's some critically acclaimed black movie, 9/10, Octavia is in it. Viola Davis has been doing her thing for a long time and there's no reason she should be underpaid.

I would tell Monique to either continue making her own way in comedy, and make herself relevant again, or stick to acting where she has the credentials and relevance to demand top coin.

The solutions aren't difficult to grasp.

Back