Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

On Aug. 13, the streaming giant revealed that it had lured prolific showrunner Shonda Rhimes away from her 15-year home at ABC Studios with a four-year overall deal that one industry observer estimates could be worth $100 million.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ps-stakes-hollywoods-battle-ownership-1029850

Are you this obtuse?

So if one Black man has a cordial interaction with cops that voids out the fact so many of us have died extrajudicially?

fuck

outta

my

face!!

So why tell her to STFU and keep it pushing or undermine her craft?

I see I dont have to say much here because yall are proving how WRONG yall were from jump

because crying and calling for boycotts has never done shit to "fix" anything

you being you should know, we get wronged every day and have learned to keep our heads and maneuver around the shit (which is probably being docile and subjugating ourselves in some eyes)

she's in the very fickle and fake entertainment business....she knows this

her career troubles started long before a Netflix deal

be mad....call em bitches and hoes and say they are unfair......then get back on your shit

she could be on tour catching way more sales than she would get views on netflix today

get a catchphrase, sell some pies, perfume, a book, a gospel album.....ALL that shit would sell in the right markets

but lets put all our energy into pointing and calling foul

if we all cancelled our accounts that day.....do you honestly believe that Netflix would have, in turn, handed over 15-20 Million dollars?

Last edited:
Fact remains:

You can dislike Monique and the manner in which she went about things, whilst acknowledging she was right in demanding equal pay and fair treatment. The two aren't mutually exclusive. So disappointed in some of you.

None of us disagree with equal pay and fair treatment. If that's all you take from those that disagree with MoNique then you're either not paying attention to what we're saying, or you're being blinded by your bias in favor of her.

MoNique claims NetFlix isn't giving black women big deals. People bring up Shonda and Ava, so MoNique has to switch to saying just black women comedians. CtG pointed the pattern for comedians in general who have gotten the big deals (they all seem to be coming off big arena tours). MoNique didn't fit the pattern and didn't get one of those offers. How is she being treated unfairly?

Aren't you in this muthafucka pushing Monique's bullshit racial and gender bias nonsense, based off ONE women?

As you so eloquently put it......

No Im saying women are greatly underpaid genius

Youre smarter than this

again,

Fuck

outta

my

face!!

...you really tried it

None of us disagree with equal pay and fair treatment. If that's all you take from those that disagree with MoNique then you're either not paying attention to what we're saying, or you're being blinded by your bias in favor of her.

MoNique claims NetFlix isn't giving black women big deals. People bring up Shonda and Ava, so MoNique has to switch to saying just black women comedians. CtG pointed the pattern for comedians in general who have gotten the big deals (they all seem to be coming off big arena tours). MoNique didn't fit the pattern and didn't get one of those offers. How is she being treated unfairly?

Blah blah blah blah

excuses, confirmation biases and bullshit

Mo’nique was right

interesting so this is not a full stand-up deal like Schumer got.....she didn't get low-balled at all...she took what she thought she was worth
Schumer made 17 mil by herself the year prior and was the first woman to sell out madison square garden plus she had hbo at the time to use against netflix if they wanted her bad enough

Monique had a self released special and nowhere near the same recent success

Why else u think sarah silverman, didnt get as big a deal n shes a white female comedian

No Im saying women are greatly underpaid genius

Youre smarter than this

again,

Fuck

outta

my

face!!

...you really tried it
U referring to women in general or specifically black women?

Bc amy schumer got a raise on her deal after she told netflix not to underpay her bc of her gender

I would take Monique, Tiff, & Race out for dinner and drinks and we could smoke joints and talk about all the fucked up ways of the world mane

then I gotta get back to work in the morning

I would take Monique, Tiff, & Race out for dinner and drinks and we could smoke joints and talk about all the fucked up ways of the world mane

then I gotta get back to work in the morning

your white Queen wouldnt like that

because as soon as you link up with me Im sending you home in a dashiki with 4 copies of the autobiography of malcolm x under your arm.

Anyways,

yall niggas are hell and this is why I laughed in some of yall faces when yall told me to boycott H&M because yall unity and “power to the people” is so wishy-washy.

yall should have stood beside Mo’nique instead of dogging her out. I bet if she was light skin, slim with a loose curl pattern yall opinions would be different.

Im off this topic.

lmfao

she wouldnt know what the daskiki was, and would only clown me for wearing a "moo-moo", not for its cultural properties

I got a last supper painting on the wall in my game room featuring Malcolm, Martin, Frederick, and a few others

lmfao

she wouldnt know what the daskiki was, and would only clown me for wearing a "moo-moo", not for its cultural properties

I got a last supper painting on the wall in my game room featuring Malcolm, Martin, Frederick, and a few others

She prolly don't know who they are either. ... so you straight.

thumbs up.gif

I didn't support Monique because of how unrealistic her views were about her own self worth and talent.

She was dogging other folks in comparison and to be honest I can't remember the last stand up from Mo that I thought was worth 13 - 30 Mil for a special.

If It were me, I wouldn't offer her that amount either.

But I guess i'll do a little more reading on the subject to make a fair assessment.

Back