Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

500k not enough

What has she done in her comedy career that suggests she's worth more than that? Queens of Comedy? The Parkers? How many years ago was that shit again? And most importantly, who, besides a certain selection of black women, would really watch her shit?

Would you watch a Monique stand up special, my nigga? Prolly not. Yet you over here falling on your sword in her defense.

This nigga's tryna be a contrarian for the sake of being one. That's all there is to it.

Mo'nique releasing more e-mails.......This time it's to do with the movie "About Christmas"
So she took $200k for an acting job when she's got an Oscar, but wouldn't accept $500k from Netflix for a recording of one of her comedy shows?! Lawwwd......this woman dumb as rocks!

All I can say is her husband-manager needs to invest in Grammarly (lots of run-on sentences, their/there/they're smh)

She's worth mills, when it pertains to acting in a movie, and she took a couple hundred stacks? Ctfu. Like, why? How fuckin stupid are you, you dumb ass?

So you sold yourself short in a realm where you are deserving of much more, and then cry foul when you don't get an offer you like in a genre where you've been unproven for like a decade? How much sense does that make?

Holy fuck, she's dumb as shit. Lmao.

Mo'nique releasing more e-mails.......This time it's to do with the movie "About Christmas"
So she took $200k for an acting job when she's got an Oscar, but wouldn't accept $500k from Netflix for a recording of one of her comedy shows?! Lawwwd......this woman dumb as rocks!

All I can say is her husband-manager needs to invest in Grammarly (lots of run-on sentences, their/there/they're smh)

I really, really don't get the point of this instagram post. She need to take a step back everything.

Now that third condition where she couldn't do another stand up for 12 months, that not worth $500k. I don't know if that's standard, but they stopping her from making her own money all year. If they gonna do that she's definitely justified for asking for more.

Also, sharing that email could be a breach of confidentially. Which could fuck her up even more in the white mans game she's playing in.

Now that third condition where she couldn't do another stand up for 12 months, that not worth $500k. I don't know if that's standard, but they stopping her from making her own money all year. If they gonna do that she's definitely justified for asking for more.

Also, sharing that email could be a breach of confidentially. Which could fuck her up even more in the white mans game she's playing in.

It didn't say that. It says she can't record it again within those 12 months. She could still do shows w/ the material.

I hope Gary has that same energy when the next black person gets gun'd down by a cac cop.

Let's see if he get on other issues that black ppl have issues with. Be all around and not selective.

Has this dude even seen the full contract? 500k but what does the fine print says, can she own her image? can she do other things etc. I mean all money aint good money.

500k and I make 50-85% off everything you do for the rest of your life Lol, man cut it out.

Man what does the contract says in detail.

We getting mad over why she didn't take the 500k saying the woman stupid and all that stuff, but what else was in that contract? Future earnings, what that fine print looking like

I hope Gary has that same energy when the next black person gets gun'd down by a cac cop.

Let's see if he get on other issues that black ppl have issues with. Be all around and not selective.

Has this dude even seen the full contract? 500k but what does the fine print says, can she own her image? can she do other things etc. I mean all money aint good money.

sighs

you kneegrows and your half comprehension

the details said that she could not record her show. In other words, if she were to record it, it would be a direct competitor to netflix, which, if they are paying AND producing it for you at NO cost to you, i think thats a fair request, but they did NOT say she could not do any other standups.

Secondly, Gary has a black wife and is on record speaking out against injustices by police against minorities.

C'mon brah

Bruh. Just stop.

You reaching right now through out that entire post.

She’s black and she didn’t have that same energy but you gon call out a white dude that haven’t had anything negative come out about him when dealing with black ppl.

sighs

you kneegrows and your half comprehension

the details said that she could not record her show. In other words, if she were to record it, it would be a direct competitor to netflix, which, if they are paying AND producing it for you at NO cost to you, i think thats a fair request, but they did NOT say she could not do any other standups.

Secondly, Gary has a black wife and is on record speaking out against injustices by police against minorities.

C'mon brah

Bro, if I give you 500k and say I'ma pay all your expenses for the show but I own the content of it and in the fine print, I stated that I will make 50%-80% off anything you make, is that good business? yes or no

As far with Gary, like I stated, he needs to have that energy every time something in the community goes down in regards to harming un-armed black ppl.

That's all I stated. A few statements here and there is what cacs and selective ppl do. Give that same energy all-around.

Bro, if I give you 500k and say I'ma pay all your expenses for the show but I own the content of it and in the fine print, I stated that I will make 50%-80% off anything you make, is that good business? yes or no

As far with Gary, like I stated, he needs to have that energy every time something in the community goes down in regards to harming un-armed black ppl.

That's all I stated. A few statements here and there is what cacs and selective ppl do. Give that same energy all-around.
first of all, does it say that?

Netflix is doing the promo, directing, and producing the show on TOP of what they are paying her.

And this was for one special that was applicable to this one special. Who knows had she taken the deal, and the stats come back that show there is still a market for her and she could negotiate better terms for her next deal.

Back