Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

first of all, does it say that?

Netflix is doing the promo, directing, and producing the show on TOP of what they are paying her.

And this was for one special that was applicable to this one special. Who knows had she taken the deal, and the stats come back that show there is still a market for her and she could negotiate better terms for her next deal.

See, all you see is the 500k, you don't even understand how contracts are setup.

Every contract dealings have some type of clause or some type of confinement, especially in the entertainment business, why do you think a lot of ppl get jerk'd, Don't read the fine print which is janky, They take the money and get jerk'd at the end.

I'm willing to bet that the fine print states something along those lines where she can't use the content else where, she doesn't have equity into the product, or anything, all she's getting is 500k, something along those lines, she's not winning with a deal like that as a entertainer if the contract is how I think it's setup to be.

What promo? Directing, nigga that's nothing Lol. Breh stop trying to make it as this such big deal of work and cost. Breh understand the business, the setup is already in place.

I bet, and I hope the contract somehow makes its way to the light, Netflix will have something saying about they controlling or taking part of a % in her future earnings, some ole 360 type deal.

You just seeing 500k and she don't have to pay for anything, man stop it. Lol

first of all, does it say that?

Netflix is doing the promo, directing, and producing the show on TOP of what they are paying her.

And this was for one special that was applicable to this one special. Who knows had she taken the deal, and the stats come back that show there is still a market for her and she could negotiate better terms for her next deal.

Again, are you taking the deal I presented to you? yes or no

Let me cut you a 500k check and you do the special, and I get everything plus anything you make in the future, You can't use the content either.

You don't believe a contract like this wasn't presented to her?

I hope Gary has that same energy when the next black person gets gun'd down by a cac cop.

Let's see if he get on other issues that black ppl have issues with. Be all around and not selective.

Has this dude even seen the full contract? 500k but what does the fine print says, can she own her image? can she do other things etc. I mean all money aint good money.

He been keeping that same energy for decades. Foh.

See, all you see is the 500k, you don't even understand how contracts are setup.

Every contract dealings have some type of clause or some type of confinement, especially in the entertainment business, why do you think a lot of ppl get jerk'd, Don't read the fine print which is janky, They take the money and get jerk'd at the end.

I'm willing to bet that the fine print states something along those lines where she can't use the content else where, she doesn't have equity into the product, or anything, all she's getting is 500k, something along those lines, she's not winning with a deal like that as a entertainer if the contract is how I think it's setup to be.

What promo? Directing, nigga that's nothing Lol. Breh stop trying to make it as this such big deal of work and cost. Breh understand the business, the setup is already in place.

I bet, and I hope the contract somehow makes its way to the light, Netflix will have something saying about they controlling or taking part of a % in her future earnings, some ole 360 type deal.

Brah, the stipulation was that she could not record any other special for a year iirc.

And you scoffing at Netflix paying for everything like that should be overlooked. If she was taking care of that, then that probably increases her position at the table to negotiate.

She too busy telling everybody they low balled her but didn't mention they were paying to have it produced.

But here's the thing though. I'm not sure how Netflix makes money outside of subscriptions. I don't think anyone does, so again, for her first special in who knows how many years they pay her a flat rate then say you release the right to come back for future earnings off this special, then that's something for her and her husband to decide if they wanna get down with that.

But you are missing one huge factor. She has absolutely zero leverage in THIS negotiation

Brah, the stipulation was that she could not record any other special for a year iirc.

And you scoffing at Netflix paying for everything like that should be overlooked. If she was taking care of that, then that probably increases her position at the table to negotiate.

She too busy telling everybody they low balled her but didn't mention they were paying to have it produced.

But here's the thing though. I'm not sure how Netflix makes money outside of subscriptions. I don't think anyone does, so again, for her first special in who knows how many years they pay her a flat rate then say you release the right to come back for future earnings off this special, then that's something for her and her husband to decide if they wanna get down with that.

But you are missing one huge factor. She has absolutely zero leverage in THIS negotiation

I thought she couldn't perform the same JOKES she did for the Netflix special for over a year... unless i misread it....

I doubt it.....if that shit was in the fine print then she would have release it already to bolster position on court of public opinion.

Her husband seem like he just kiss her ass. She need a manager that can negotiate on facts and figures. How does Monique have a special on Netflix for years and they don't know what kind of numbers it pulls? I'm trying to understand what leverage they went into negotiations with....cause an outdated resume ain't enough to dictate what you get paid. Also,these interviews are free press and she not helping her rep at all with that phony ass voice she put on referring to grown ass people as babies...she sound like Ray Lewis with that bullshit

lol This chick is crazy.

MoNique: Waaah Netflix is racist and sexist. Forget about the facts that they've given both black men and black women lots of money for various types of productions. I didn't get offered big money and no black women in this very specific set of circumstances that I've come up with have made big money, so they are cheating us.

Tiffany H: Well, actually even before you started this, I got a deal and they are paying me pretty well.

MoNique: Oh....well, you go girl, I'm proud of you.

This is like a crackhead and dope dealer

But

The crackhead is telling the dope dealer how many rocks they want and what they gon pay him

Crackhead =Mo
D-Boy = Netflix

Mo- Yo, you holding?
Netflix- what you need?
Mo- 5 rocks
Netflix- 25
Mo- take this $5
Netflix- nigga, you came to me and the price is the price
Mo- I been smoking rocks for decades and known on these streets and I deserve a discount.
Netflix- bye Felicia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesi...atulates-tiffany-haddish-on-netflix-deal/amp/

Tiffany Haddish had a deal in place BEFORE Monique went on her senseless boycott Netflix rant. So, how exactly is it gender and racial bias when Tiffany said she got a decent amount of dough for VOICE WORK ON A DAMN CARTOON?! Not even a stand-up special and she still did aiight.

Further proving mine, and everyone else's point that made it with me, it has nothing to do with your past and everything to do with your present and future.

Who do you think can command more money atm? Bone or Migos? Same principle.

These bird-brained bitches are the worst, man.

Back