Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

...MY PROBLEM WITH THIS WHOLE THING IS, IT'S HER OWN PEOPLE SPEAKING OUT AGAINST HER!.. I AIN'T HEARD BUT ONE WHITE PERSON MAKE A JOKE ABOUT THE SITUATION (GARY).. ALL THE.BLACK PEOPLE, ON HERE, SOCIAL MEDIA, HER PEERS ARE DOING WHITE PEOPLES JOB FOR THEM

SOMETIMES, JUST SOMETIME, YOU CAN SAY ,"NO COMMENT" WHEN U DON'T AGREE WITH YO BRO OR SISTER

...MY PROBLEM WITH THIS WHOLE THING IS, IT'S HER OWN PEOPLE SPEAKING OUT AGAINST HER!.. I AIN'T HEARD BUT ONE WHITE PERSON MAKE A JOKE ABOUT THE SITUATION (GARY).. ALL THE.BLACK PEOPLE, ON HERE, SOCIAL MEDIA, HER PEERS ARE DOING WHITE PEOPLES JOB FOR THEM

FOH.

That's the point, very few white people know her ass. Which is why she got the offer she got.

SOMETIMES, JUST SOMETIME, YOU CAN SAY ,"NO COMMENT" WHEN U DON'T AGREE WITH YO BRO OR SISTER

Pffttt... FUCK DAT SHIT...

Nah bruh. If it was just a matter of her coming out and saying that she felt she was done wrong, then you might have a point. But she came out and invoked racism, when there are clearly other more obvious and business oriented reasons for what she's experiencing. The struggle against racism isn't a bargaining tool to be used for washed up celebrities when they can't pull the paychecks they think they deserve. "Boy Who Cried Wolf" tactics like that hurt us in the long run. She needs to be checked for that bullshit.

Nah bruh. If it was just a matter of her coming out and saying that she felt she was done wrong, then you might have a point. But she came out and invoked racism, when there are clearly other more obvious and business oriented reasons for what she's experiencing. The struggle against racism isn't a bargaining tool to be used for washed up celebrities when they can't pull the paychecks they think they deserve. "Boy Who Cried Wolf" tactics like that hurt us in the long run. She needs to be checked for that bullshit.

Plz preach that gospel brotha!

She gotta lot of nerve. I was with her on the no sell out thing. But this shit here, she just trying to ride the black lives matter and metoo wave FOH

Cosign and on top of that let's not forget..........SHE ASKED BLACK PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT!
So of course her own people gonna speak out against her especially when they ain't down with the bullshit.

She may have got lowballed but that's business and she needed to go back to the negotiation table instead of crying foul on social media

Firstly I think it's pretty poor form to show private e-mails to the public like that especially around business and if all her prior antics up to this point hadn't put a lot of folk off to doing work with her, then this might be the final straw.

Addressing the actual e-mail, she's only showing what she wants to show. How do we know if that was their first offer and not their final offer (of alleged $3m)?
As I said before she got lowballed with the $500k, but I find it hard to believe that netflix wouldn't have negotiated to at least a couple of low seven figures, that's why so many people were quick to believe the alleged $3m offer.

For those that don't click links...

Last edited:
ok...so while this not $3M

they were going to give her $500k, AND produce it

so she didnt have to spend one single dime of her own money and she STILL upset??

for her...it is

how much is it going to cost her to find a venue, find someone to direct it, edit it, promote it, then distribute it?

c'mon now

so she didnt have to spend one single dime of her own money and she STILL upset??

I'd like to know how much profit she typically gets from a show. Basically they were giving her 500K to basically just do a one night show and have it recorded. Is she really in a position to balk at that given that she hasn't been a figure in stand-up in years?

I'd like to know how much profit she typically gets from a show. Basically they were giving her 500K to basically just do a one night show and have it recorded. Is she really in a position to balk at that given that she hasn't been a figure in stand-up in years?
this was my point

but for some reason, she and Czar dont view it like that

Exactly. Plus like most stand up speicals, Netflix, HBO, Showtime etc or the comedian themselves, usually just picks the best hour from their tour date. So if she was in such demand, she could have got the 500k from Netflix from a show she was already doing PLUS the money from the tour it self.

like i said before the iron wasnt hot.. she could have used this to get bigger and better deals get a netflix package so on and so forth..

She doing. Show at the Verizon theater with DC Young Fly and a bunch of other lower tier comedians in March and I can guarantee she ain’t getting 500K for it.

She tripping

Back