Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

this shit makes so much more sense now

i'll assume this is the more accurate version of events

so again, as most have said, self sabatoge

So the hungry, hungry hippo had to just be funny and she woulda got 3 mill? She know she ain't funny, and after her audition, they probably woulda just offered her a son of a baconator meal.

Wit no Frosty though. She's definitely not funny enough for a Frosty.

this shit makes so much more sense now

i'll assume this is the more accurate version of events

so again, as most have said, self sabatoge
it's a rumor...

a funny one,

but a rumor

Considering her arrogance and belligerence since she won that damn award I wouldn't be surprised if that was closer to the truth and whole story....

Why would she need to audition? Like she proved her worth you make amateurs audition not vets.

Black people always gotta do extra shit. Especially black women.

so if she auditioned she possibly coulda got 3mil but felt cuz she won an academy award... not for comedy mind you.. that she is above auditioning?

if true... damn... lol

I don't think asking her to audition is a slap in the face or disrespectful.. she hasn't put out any comedy content in quite some time.. they were prolly tryna gauge if she still had it on the comedy tip..

She was prolly thinking.. oh Chappelle, Rock and Schumer aint have to audition..

welp.. chappelle and rock been on the road heavy and still have a following
Schumer.. while i never seen any of her shit.. has comedy movies out and apparently a following of mayonnaise and unseasoned chicken eating muthafuckas..

what Monique got?

Sad... and I wish her the best.. but she played herself imo

Why would she need to audition? Like she proved her worth you make amateurs audition not vets.

They offered her what she felt she was worth. She didn't want it. That's why she needed to audition. They need a way to determine what value she deserves. Rock and Chapelle are coming off very successful tours and shows. Monique hasn't done that in a while. She wasn't being asked to anything special. They were trying to work with her given her circumstances.

She came to them.

They wasnt lookin for her. Nobody was.

They coulda just said "Thanks but no thanks"

Instead they offered half a mill

She has NO right to bitch

Nigga, da fuck is you talkin bout? She's only been funny to niche audience; a super selective demographic. This ain't the time to be playin martyr for black women. Her awards are NOT for comedy.

What's so difficult to understand?

Just remember that a very talented Jim Carrey came off a successful comedy tour and auditioned for Saturday Night Live back in the day and THEY TURNED HIM DOWN! He didn't get pissed and go on a rant (I know social media didn't really exist back then)... instead he improved his craft, used his audition skills to get him his gig on "In Livin' Color" and the rest is history.

He didn't burn any bridges which allowed him to work with Lorne Michaels on future projects (including hosting Saturday Night Live)...

She got a special on Netflix and she out telling people to boycott them. Netflix should pull her stand up if she wanna play that.

Roland Martin lit her ass up on twitter after she tried to call him out randomly on some shit that ain't even have nothing to do with her

Not to beat a dead horse but most of Monique's box office "hits" were in ensemble pieces and "Precious" was in 2009...

Can you imagine another Oscar winner like Cuba Gooding Jr. trying to strong-arm a Netflix contract in 2018?

Look at all the money Kevin Spacey made for Netflix. As soon as those allegations came out (no homo) they dropped him like a hot potato...

Show BUSINESS... with the emphasis on "business".

Back