Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

According to her she black balled from Hollywood.. for the same shit she doing now. Going in on Niggaz for not giving her what she feel she deserve..

She a diva bruh
She is beefing with Lee Daniels and Oprah they've pretty much blackballed her out of Hollywood.

Was "Hollywood" ever really even fuckin with her like that?

She got her Oscar from Precious the film w/ Lee & Oprah

Aside from that what was she doin in Hollywood?

...Soul Plane?
....Welcome Home Rosco Jenkins?

She never had the juice

It could be considered a slap on the face to her.

But she approached them and it no reason to do all the extra shit she doing because she didn’t like the offer.

BRUH!!!! WHAT CREDENTIALS?!?!

She won an Oscar that did not have shit to do with Comedy.....What movie has she headlined since?

What tv show has she played the main character of since the Parkers?

Netflix made a business decision...they looked at her inactivity and the lack of follwing and decided the profit margin was only worth a 500000 gamble....

When was the last time she did a special?

It was last year at the apollo which nobody gave a fuck about
and only got clicks because she went on a rant against Oprah and Tyler Perry....

When you aint poppin your "credentials" dont mean shit...its about your buying power and currently....she doesnt have it...

was the building empty? was she the headliner?
we can’t say “no one is checking for Monique” while acknowledging “oh yeah, she sold out the Apollo though”. that means she still has a following

Was "Hollywood" ever really even fuckin with her like that?

She got her Oscar from Precious the film w/ Lee & Oprah

Aside from that what was she doin in Hollywood?

...Soul Plane?
....Welcome Home Rosco Jenkins?

She never had the juice

Exactly. Her and Sion like check her credentials. Well she had ONE hot movie and the rest was meh, and just about all them she wasn't even the star in it.

Her stand-up career, which is what they were offering her money for to begin w/, is even more meh.

Mo’Nique has at least one fellow Hollywood supporter in her boycott against Netflix.

On Saturday night, actress and comedian Wanda Sykes spoke up for Mo’Nique, who claims the streaming company is guilty of gender and color bias after it reportedly offered her $500,000 for a comedy special while other stand-up stars like Amy Schumer and Dave Chappelle were give $13 million and $20 million.

“@MoWorldWide, thank you for speaking out,” Sykes tweeted. “@Netflix offered me less than half of your $500k. I was offended but found another home. #EPIX.”

While Sykes, 53, did not share more details about her discussions with Netflix, followers were quick to chime in.

“Whoa. I’m glad u shed some light on what Monique was talking about with Netflix,” said one person. “It’s a damn shame Netflix be low balling women of color. But will pay another woman of a different race more. It has nothing to do with relevance. U and Mo’Nique put in the years and deserve the $.”

On Sunday morning, Mo’Nique, 50, who won an Oscar in 2010 for “Precious,” shared a quick Instagram video shimming with the caption, “To my beautiful sisters, when they tell you no, you must keep telling yourself yessss. Love yall.”

i'd really like to know what her counter-offer was or what she really thinks she deserves...i respect her energy and "motives" but i ain't boycotting Netflix cuz she doesn't have her business game up to par....and i'd prolly take the offer and do what I gotta do to double up and renegotiate. it's like she got the Oscar and somehow feels like she's "made it" based on what she saw others go thru(ala Halle, Jamie, etc.) and that's not the case....she has to keep working especially in this era where the attention span of the audience is short and best believe they will quickly go and champion another big girl from the projects that's younger, funnier, and more appealing to them than Monique. Hope she figures it out tho...or just stick to movies...if you get back in lol

Mo’Nique has at least one fellow Hollywood supporter in her boycott against Netflix.

On Saturday night, actress and comedian Wanda Sykes spoke up for Mo’Nique, who claims the streaming company is guilty of gender and color bias after it reportedly offered her $500,000 for a comedy special while other stand-up stars like Amy Schumer and Dave Chappelle were give $13 million and $20 million.

“@MoWorldWide, thank you for speaking out,” Sykes tweeted. “@Netflix offered me less than half of your $500k. I was offended but found another home. #EPIX.”

While Sykes, 53, did not share more details about her discussions with Netflix, followers were quick to chime in.

“Whoa. I’m glad u shed some light on what Monique was talking about with Netflix,” said one person. “It’s a damn shame Netflix be low balling women of color. But will pay another woman of a different race more. It has nothing to do with relevance. U and Mo’Nique put in the years and deserve the $.”

On Sunday morning, Mo’Nique, 50, who won an Oscar in 2010 for “Precious,” shared a quick Instagram video shimming with the caption, “To my beautiful sisters, when they tell you no, you must keep telling yourself yessss. Love yall.”

see that...no big uproar....either stew in ya feeling or move on to someone else....also this has EVERYTHING to do with relevance and Netflix feels these two women are not relevant or as relevant as other comics they've given multi-millions to

Yes the fuck it does.

Whoever wrote that is a moron.

Monique ain't done shit. Wanda ain't done shit. Neither one of them muthafuckas have done shit.

I pray, PRAY, that Tiffany Haddish gets a fuckin special on Netflix and gets a couple mill for that shit, just to shut both of these unfunny bitches the fuck up. Can't stand either one of their asses.

Monique and her entitled ass. Wins an Oscar for a drama movie and thinks she's a decorated comedian. Foh. The Parkers was wack as fuck too. 2 annoying, fat bitches doing annoying, fat bitch shit. Ain't no humor in that.

And Wanda Sykes and her annoying ass voice. Sounds like a nigga's pulling a cat's tail every time she open her mouth.

Queens of Comedy, my ass. I can't even tell you who was on that shit without googling it. Fuck Hollywood. Both these hoes need to be blackballed from life.

Monique ain't done shit. Wanda ain't done shit. Neither one of them muthafuckas have done shit.

I pray, PRAY, that Tiffany Haddish gets a fuckin special on Netflix and gets a couple mill for that shit, just to shut both of these unfunny bitches the fuck up. Can't stand either one of their asses.

Monique and her entitled ass. Wins an Oscar for a drama movie and thinks she's a decorated comedian. Foh. The Parkers was wack as fuck too. 2 annoying, fat bitches doing annoying, fat bitch shit. Ain't no humor in that.

And Wanda Sykes and her annoying ass voice. Sounds like a nigga's pulling a cat's tail every time she open her mouth.

Queens of Comedy, my ass. I can't even tell you who was on that shit without googling it. Fuck Hollywood. Both these hoes need to be blackballed from life.

this was harsh af

but i laughed

Somebody should put a gang of money on here to replace the salad

monique_precious_nosalad.gif

My God finally someone with some sense !!!!
Tenure is not equal to popularity. There's plenty of comedians with long but not very successful careers who now are lucky to even get gigs. Monique being around a long time as a middle of the road comic is one thing, one off recognition in one role in one movie is not the same thing as a successful film career like Queen Latifah has had.

I referenced Yashere because Netflix have bought her next comedy special and NBC bought the last one. She didn't have to ask, they both came knocking on her door with offers. So it's not an issue of race or sexual bias if they are giving other black women Netflix specials they think are more likely to be successful and draw in new audiences compared to Monique's old and irrelevant ass bitter she's not more talented and hit her ceiling years ago which established her actual value in the market as opposed to her imagined value in her own mind.

Netflix don't care what you did, they care for what you can do for them. If they don't believe you are widely marketable and have a built in audience to bring along with you, they don't care what you think you're worth because they can actually work that out from watcher metrics.

Also if anyone thought Monique could sell out MSG or arena tours and they couyld invest in such an idea and profit from it, they would have done so already but clearly nobody think it's a viable idea so it's not happening nor has it happened before. People are not going to throw away money on a dumb idea to please the performers if the audiences aren't going to show up and pay for the show. You can't run big tours at a loss just to try prove a point to the performer they aren't actually as in demand as they think they are unless you actually want to lose money and make the performer look even worse when their playing to at best half filled venues, get the negative press and fuck up your chances and image going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sion I understand your arguments as regards personal worth or value as regards art...

However, Monique feeling insulted because she was offered half a million dollars and blaming it on racism and sexism is off and also calling on Black people to boycott Netflix is a reach

Netflix have paid Black men eight figure sums for stand up specials and films.

Monique should fight her own battles without dragging a whole race of people into it. How many Black people make half a mill a year? I'm hearing she approached Netflix first and not the other way round so why she mad?

And this news article is about the first time I've read or heard anything related to Monique in years...

Back