Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

ya'll comparing Jamie to Monique is silly

Jamie parlayed his oscar into MULTIPLE movies and roles

what did monique do?

Aight...i would check for a jamie foxx comedy special in 2018 over a monique one...she just not that funny

if you listen to foxxhole when he on there, you can tell Jamie can still tell jokes

what did monique do?

Aight...i would check for a jamie foxx comedy special in 2018 over a monique one...she just not that funny

if you listen to foxxhole when he on there, you can tell Jamie can still tell jokes

Who compared jaime to monique? Nobody

what did monique do?

Go home b you're drunk

She should do a Netflix movie about precious's mom. Just two hours of her sitting in her apartment cussing out fatgirls and strangers that ring her doorbell. I'd get drunk and have a good laugh off that

Who compared jaime to monique? Nobody
Cain mentioned Jamie for winning an oscar

not sure what he was trying to get at with that

but to your point, no one compared them prior to my post

my mistake

@AP21 be honest fam if you had similar credentials would you take 500k or would you ask for more ? You could get 500k to voice a fuckin cartoon LOLOLOL. But for a comedy special would you take that ? KNOWING what those other lesser-comedians got ???

That's all I wanna know fam.....

Bruh. Her name don’t ring bells anymore.

She coming Dallas in March and doing a show with DC Young Fly Donell Rawlings and 4 ppl I never heard of.

So Wanda Sykes and Tracee Ellis Ross were also low balled and Tracee is on blackish so what's the song you niggas gon sing now ???

https://www.vladtv.com/article/2397...ed-under-half-of-what-netflix-offered-monique

What's right is right and They definitely deserve more than just a mere handout.

So we know for a fact that Tracy doesn't do as much for the show as Anderson and wasn't as involved up front, but she deserves as much money? People kill me with this shit.

Would you take the 500k if you had her credentials ???

BRUH!!!! WHAT CREDENTIALS?!?!

She won an Oscar that did not have shit to do with Comedy.....What movie has she headlined since?

What tv show has she played the main character of since the Parkers?

Netflix made a business decision...they looked at her inactivity and the lack of follwing and decided the profit margin was only worth a 500000 gamble....

When was the last time she did a special?

It was last year at the apollo which nobody gave a fuck about and only got clicks because she went on a rant against Oprah and Tyler Perry....

When you aint poppin your "credentials" dont mean shit...its about your buying power and currently....she doesnt have it...

Again I ask, who else offering her shit?

If she can show where other folk are offering her millions for anything, then I can consider it a slap in the face.

But if no body is offering her anything, and she's still blackballed like she claims.... How is half a million Disrespectful....

Especially considering this is the chance for some much needed exposure for a talent that can't seem to get burn anywhere else....

I would have looked at this as a chance to prove she's still worth what she claims she is....

Shorty too combative for her own good.... The business world is still a Hustler's paradise, and she just making it harder on herself imo....

Where she gonna get even 500k at this point, especially after calling Niggaz to boycott....

If I had a million to offer a comedian for a special, I'd pass on her, cuz she just comes off as drama... If I'm investing money, I want someone I feel I can work with..I like Monique, but she seem like a headache

What difference does it make comedy or movies ? By your logic do you believe Jamie Foxx should take a mere 500k or a million for a comedy special when he gets 10 million per movie ?? When was the last time Foxx did a special or a movie ?

Again there are lesser known comedians getting more.

More importantly would You take 500k if you had an Oscar, were in a ton of movies, had your own late night show, did TV shows, used to do comedy exclusively, etc etc. Would you take 500k ??

Comparing Jamie Foxx to Monique is a false equivalence because Jamie Foxx has a huge following and is demand?

Monique is not in demand and thats why she got offerex only 500000.

And the question your asking is loaded because it doesnt tske in certain factors....now...if im broke as fuck while having a small following...i take that deal....if i feel I can do better....i leave that deal on the table and go find another deal...

However...the question I have for you is this....what type of revenue is Monique stand up generating in 2018?....If the best she can get is a 500000 offer....she needs to reevaluate her worth...

Would you take the 500k if you had Monique's credentials or would you ask for more ???

You don't need to make as much as the star but shit Tracee Ellis ran her own show, produced others, was heavy behind the scenes, on social media, etc. But still I beg the question would YOU TAKE THE 500K IF YOU HAD THE CREDENTIALS ???

I ain't saying she should have taken the money, but if she feels like she's worth more, why not ask for what she feels she's worth? Why bring up other people who are in different situations than her. I might not have taken 500K, but I also wouldn't be comparing myself to Dave Chapelle or Chris Rock either when I know I'm not on there level. I also wouldn't expect Amy Schumer money if I know I'm not pulling Amy Schumer number. And I damned sure wouldn't be calling for a boycott from people that after a year's work might not be make a tenth of what I got offered just because I want to be even richer. That's crazy

But Du, another major part of business is also knowing your worth and standing by it. If lesser known comedians are getting mils you can't just take anything.

So if Jamie Foxx decides to do a Netflix special and they throw him 700k he should take that ? But fucking Rory Scavel is getting 3 mil and he JUST started doing comedy.

Du would you take that offer if you had her credentials ?
If Jamie say no, he not hurting.

Dude can still pop up in a movie like it's nuffin. He still got his xm station.

Jamie still can drop and album and do a comedy & rnb tour if he want.. He has options

Again, what options does Monique have??

What other projects??

What other exposure??

Is she out here hustling and working?? Is she still doing shows?? I'm asking cuz I don't know.

What is she determining this worth off of??

Cuz from where I'm standing, half a million ain't bad for her....

@AP21 be honest fam if you had similar credentials would you take 500k or would you ask for more ? You could get 500k to voice a fuckin cartoon LOLOLOL. But for a comedy special would you take that ? KNOWING what those other lesser-comedians got ???

That's all I wanna know fam.....

im saying, she on social media...she knows if the demand for her is out there

she trying to pit people against the wrong people.

brah, i was a freshman in college when this came out. How many people born in 2001 have seen this by now?

nobody checking for her except her

I, along with a couple other people have said that she could've taken this and parlayed it into another special, but for some reason, you think she shouldn't have to prove herself at this stage in her career.

Put it like this, god bless the dead Charlie Murphy, but practically NO ONE outside of hollywood and the comedy circuit even knew him and Eddie Murphy were brothers until Chappelle Show (and i wish a muhfucka would on some revisionist history shit lie and say they did)

His E hollywood stories will live on FOREVER!!!

give me a monique joke right now that you've committed to memory. I didnt even care for her when she was on Comic View.

Dude my point is very simple I'm sorry if I don't dick ride for cosigns. If you have the track record for comedy and have an Oscar and all these successes and you're going rate to be in a movie is a few mil nevermind if it's a comedy or what have you, and someone offers you a mere 500k I'm sorry but that's disrespeckful.

I don't understand why that's so hard to comprehend. As if to say niggas would take anything just because SMMFH. Nobody is saying she deserves 30 mil but if Rory Scavel, Anthony Jeselnik, Jen Kirkman or Ali Wong can get a few mil a piece (word to Rory for shouting out Netflix on twitter) then there's no reason why she should be low balled for a mere 500k. THAT'S ALL IM SAYING. Even if you don't like Monique what's right is right. Before this post you never heard of any of those names and I'm sure you don't find them funny either but they each got a Netflix special. She's not the greatest comedian of all time but she's still worth her weight in gold - every pound.
this is a bad example too b/c while i may have not heard of these folks, im sure they either

1) have something the execs/board people at netflix feel they can get behind before shit pops off for that person, so its essentially an investment for them at this point

or

2) they are probably going to be included in the new faces of comedy for the foreseeable future

Monique, for whatever reason stopped doing shows. Hell, how many comedians come on the breakfast club and promote the shows they doing at Carolines or other similar comedy venues that are WAY more popular than Monique??

Anthony Jesilneck or whatever his name is funnier than Monique.

Hes also pretty famous.

Jen Kirkman famous too

Back