Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

Meh...I see both sides.

On one hand just to get back on terms in Hollywood, she should have taken the money. It'll be a foot step towards getting back to that top.

But

On the other hand...this is an OSCAR winner. Let that sink in. She's no newbie. She's been doing this for over a decade. Multiple movies. Roles that took her outta her comedic element. She's already established. As for comedy, she's a vet. So for less known comics to get a couple million thrown at them for specials, and she gets offered 500k...yeah it kinda is a slap in the face.

Yeah 500k isn't anything to sneeze at from our pov, but imagine if you had the kinda resume she has. You at least want the amount to reflect your worth in the business.

Awards don't mean anything except they like you at that moment and want to give your a career a boost with an official endorsement from the Academy. There's plenty of Oscar winners who only get TV and low budget movie work, Anna Pacquin, Cuba Gooding Jr, and Tim Hutton aren't getting the same roles they used to be offered either.

What she thinks she is worth is one thing, Netflix have the means to establish via their audience metrics exactly who likes what, what else they like, how many are watching what shows and when... if they've determined she's worth paying 500k that's likely due to all those metrics indicating her actual value to them as a potential contracted asset and performer just like they were able to justify the budget increasing over time for House Of Cards as the audience grew and maintained itself.

How can she claim colour bias and then admit Chappelle got that loot from Netflix?

Also, most decorated comedian alive... I'm sorry, what? Seinfeld, Larry David, John Stewart, Tim Minchin, Jay Leno, Bill Cosby even though he's a creepy date rapist... if she was worth the money, they'd give it to her. But she's not and to claim she is the most decorated living comedian... she's not even in the top 4o in terms of being a live tour draw. Jeff Foxworthy and Evan Dunham probably sell out out shows than she does and they are mediocre as fuck but actually popular.

Yall tripping. 500 k is an insult
An offer is an offer, if she's insulted by it then maybe she should have got her worth up so they've have put more money on the table. Gina Yashere probably has a bigger crossover audience than Monique does these days.

It did cuz she's saying netflix pays their legends millions. So if she's a legend to them there's no reason the initial offer shoulda been that low, which I agree with.

Should she get the same as them? Obviously not. But by netflix's logic her initial offer shoulda been more than what Amy Schumer's was since Amy Schumer is not a legend and Monique is.

**Now...Monique shoulda probly realized that the person who told her she was a legend was just sharing his personal opinion and everyone making the decisions at netflix may not agree. Hell he might not have even worked there when Schumer and Chappelle's deals were made.**

Either way I think we can all agree that offer was low based on what they were telling her - them coming to her and seeing her show twice, being familiar enough with her to offer 500k...a nobody wouldn't get offered that.

I don't know. This doesn't really jive with how she described the conversation though. She said she contacted Netflix and said 500K was an insult because of her resume. They pointed out that they didn't base things on resume. They gave her examples of things that Amy Schumer has done recently that prove she's hot now, and Monique seemed to miss that whole point. The person at Netflix told Monique that she was a legend, but being a legend is not what gets Dave and Chris the big money. They get big money because people pay big money to see them. Who is doing that for Monique? Hell, that Amy Schumer chick is corny as hell to me, but white people are supporting the hell out of her, so she's naturally going to be able to ask for more money.

I don't know. This doesn't really jive with how she described the conversation though. She said she contacted Netflix and said 500K was an insult because of her resume. They pointed out that they didn't base things on resume. They gave her examples of things that Amy Schumer has done recently that prove she's hot now, and Monique seemed to miss that whole point. The person at Netflix told Monique that she was a legend, but being a legend is not what gets Dave and Chris the big money. They get big money because people pay big money to see them. Who is doing that for Monique? Hell, that Amy Schumer chick is corny as hell to me, but white people are supporting the hell out of her, so she's naturally going to be able to ask for more money.

Honestly from a business standpoint...this post makes so much sense.

Wait wait wait.

She contacted Netflix and mad at their offer? She wasn’t even on their mind if true

Worse yet - you're gonna give her 500k you know you're gonna make multi millions off of the venue, ticket sales, licensing, commercials and marketing from third parties and additional endorsements but Monique can't have a couple mil off a special that has HER name on it as the main billing LOOOLOLOLOL. Fam I would never let you manage my career moves LOLOLOL.

What?

I don't believe Netflix operates like LiveNation.

They aren't funding comedy tours and getting a piece of action. Far as I know the comedian handles all that themselves and Netflix get's the exclusive rights to show it.

Here the cold truth:

Strip away the “fat” or “women” demographics of it, and the raw numbers will tell you why Monique ain’t getting that paper like she wants.

Can she draw 20,000 to MSG?

Can she get 10,000 new subscribers to Netflix on the strength of her own show?

Those answers are a resounding fuck no. Netflix treated her like a risk-reward business. And paying her $1M or more would’ve been high risk-low reward.

Fuck Amy Schumer. That broad is unfunny as fuck, but she’ll bring in 20,000 new customers to Netflix or she’ll sell out the fuckin Apollo theater for some unknown reason.

When Monique can do that at least, then we’ll back her. Until then, she needs to take the half-a-mil and chill out.

Fam all I'm saying is 500k is low balling the fuck outta Monique and mad disrespectful. Lesser known stars who barely have fans are getting way more but Monique must be content with a mere 500k ?? Naaaaaahhhh FOH.

LOLOLOL fam why is this so hard to take ? LOLOL

Here the cold truth:

Strip away the “fat” or “women” demographics of it, and the raw numbers will tell you why Monique ain’t getting that paper like she wants.

Can she draw 20,000 to MSG?

Can she get 10,000 new subscribers to Netflix on the strength of her own show?

Those answers are a resounding fuck no. Netflix treated her like a risk-reward business. And paying her $1M or more would’ve been high risk-low reward.

Fuck Amy Schumer. That broad is unfunny as fuck, but she’ll bring in 20,000 new customers to Netflix or she’ll sell out the fuckin Apollo theater for some unknown reason.

When Monique can do that at least, then we’ll back her. Until then, she needs to take the half-a-mil and chill out.

/ Thread

Back