Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monique Wants U To Boycott Netflix

I'm not saying she deserves 13m and I said she's delusional for putting herself in the same breath as chappelle and rock, but she should've atleast got a mill.

What do you classify as "hood" movies? Juice? Fresh? Above The Rim? Bluehill Ave? Menace? State Prop? I'm Bout It?

I own em all and more. Foh, nigga. Monique is wack and so is Tyler Perry. I have no idea how those opinions make me uppity.

No stuff like Baby Boy, Dont be A Menace to South Central, Tales From the Hood, Pootie Tang, Killa Season, Belly stuff like that. I dont think you legit uppity bruh. But the whole their comedy is ignorant thing seemed a lil uppity.

No stuff like Baby Boy, Dont be A Menace to South Central, Tales From the Hood, Pootie Tang, Killa Season, Belly stuff like that. I dont think you legit uppity bruh. But the whole their comedy is ignorant thing seemed a lil uppity.

With the exception of Pootie Tang, I own all those too.

I do feel like their content is for the ignorant. The subliminal messages. The cliche religious undertones. The pandering to an unhealthy lifestyle. The "loud, angry black woman" trope...

All ignorance.

If she as big as she think she is.

Go sell out MSG or Staples Center.

You’re worth how much you can negotiate for.

Niggas in the NBA ain’t worth what they getting paid but the market allows them to get paid. Her market (which is her) don’t.

She can’t even make 500k touring in one year.

LOLOL she has a point tho. 500k is disrespeckful especially considering she has an Oscar/Academy Award, is an original Queen of Comedy if not the leader, has maaaaaddd movies under her belt many of them successful too. Classic TV shows, she's even been nominated for a Grammy, she's been in books, owns radio shows, theatre and more shit I'm probably forgetting. That's a woman who never settled,and now Netflix only want to throw her 500k !? Fuck that shit, if that big Bertha white chick got 11 million with less accolades Monique should get 20. At the very least 13 if you feel she's not as "hot" at the moment. That kind of money is chump change to Netflix, they spend more on posters lolol.

Yes, as an actress she's well accomplished and if they were trying to low ball her on a movie/TV deal she'd have a point. But when it comes to her stand-up she just doesn't have that much clout.

My brother I have to respectfully disagree.

Monique gets more than 500k a film so if you're gonna request me in a movie where in a supporting role I get 4-8 mil why should I take less than that for a movie where I'm the star of the Fuckin show ???

People will pay to see Monique, they paid to see that other chick and you can't tell me she was funny mayne.

The bold is my point. This wasn't for no movie. It was for a stand- up special.

My brother I have to respectfully disagree.

Monique gets more than 500k a film so if you're gonna request me in a movie where in a supporting role I get 4-8 mil why should I take less than that for a movie where I'm the star of the Fuckin show ???

People will pay to see Monique, they paid to see that other chick and you can't tell me she was funny mayne.

As wack as Amy is, Monique ain't doing numbers Amy does simple as that.

Because at the end of the day it's the same thing. Come on yall, this is business 101. Yall saying stand up stand up, that's like telling a rapper, you gotta freestyle and not rap - as if the audience gonna know the difference.

Stand-up comedy and acting is not same. Anybody in the business can tell you that.

You cant tell me Amy off the bat is a name that will fill seats when she's accomplished far less than Monique.

Yes! As corny and wack as she is her name fills seat to the tune of millions.

Acting, comedy it's nothing Monique hasn't done already and mastered. She's the original Queen of Comedy, that's like telling DL or Bernie Mac (RIP) nah they can't sell a comedy show - like they didn't spend most their careers trying to get on via comedy AND succeeding.

Nobody saying she can't sell just that she doesn't sell w/ the likes of Rock, Chappelle, or Amy.

"men lie, women lie, numbers don't"
NippyAstonishingBudgie-max-1mb.gif

Do you believe the names I mentioned can do comedy better than Monique ? Out of all the Queens of Comedy do you think they could do a better show than Monique in 2018 ?? I think yall forgetting Monique IS a comedian SMMFH. Either way, you put her name on a comedy special and sell it the same way you'd sell a movie be it online or in theatre you're still gonna have to go through her agent and you're not getting her to do that shit for less than her asking price. They didn't do it to Chris, Dave, Rory Scoval Anthony Jeselnik or Jen Kirkman. And 3 of those 5 names you niggas NEVER heard of.

Who I find funny or prefer ain't got nothing to do w/ it.

I think Bill Burr is one of the best going, but he ain't getting Schumer, Rock, or Chappelle money either cuz his name just isn't as big as theirs.

Where are u getting that she makes 3mil per film doing supporting roles?

Precious was in 2009 and since then she has only done 3 films.

BlackBird (which she served as ExProducer)

About (never heard of it. Doesnt even have a wiki page)

Almost Christmas (if she got 3mil for that Will Packer must be a blood relative)

So if she worth 3 million and they offer d her 5 million should she take it? She ain’t worth the 5 but I bet she wouldn’t turned it down because it’s more than she’s worth.

I think yall forgetting Monique IS a comedian SMMFH. Either way, you put her name on a comedy special and sell it the same way you'd sell a movie be it online or in theatre you're still gonna have to go through her agent and you're not getting her to do that shit for less than her asking price. They didn't do it to Chris, Dave, Rory Scoval Anthony Jeselnik or Jen Kirkman. And 3 of those 5 names you niggas NEVER heard of.

Fine, but she ain't selling like Rock, Dave or Schumer.

What part of that are you not getting.

She's in like the AA or AAA as far as stand-up comedy goes but she want major league money.

Meh...I see both sides.

On one hand just to get back on terms in Hollywood, she should have taken the money. It'll be a foot step towards getting back to that top.

But

On the other hand...this is an OSCAR winner. Let that sink in. She's no newbie. She's been doing this for over a decade. Multiple movies. Roles that took her outta her comedic element. She's already established. As for comedy, she's a vet. So for less known comics to get a couple million thrown at them for specials, and she gets offered 500k...yeah it kinda is a slap in the face.

Yeah 500k isn't anything to sneeze at from our pov, but imagine if you had the kinda resume she has. You at least want the amount to reflect your worth in the business.

Back