Welcome To aBlackWeb

Microphone Check šŸŽ¤ āœ…ļø

Correction we've been conditioned to be all inclusive. Trust and believe it took time for us to get like that because systematic white supremacy made it illegal for us to own our intellectual property.
We are naturally giving sharing loving people but "minorities" take our kindness for weakness

For instance Tariq was on that radio show saying how he couldn't get on The Breakfast Club or Hot 97 like he has in the past with his black history documentaries because all the program directors at the stations are Latino. Everybody from the top down is Latino/non black and they ain't trying to hear the truth that they had nothing to do with the creation of this thing.

Now we done gave all these Latinos a avenue to succeed in life by being the middleman between artists and the consumer, then they gatekeep the fucking radio stations and we have to dance to their tune to get proper promotion

Power 105 in La is like all Mexican women and big boy. There's no hip hop energy in that studio. Big boy be having to hear about their quinceaneras and fiestas everyday smh

We are naturally giving sharing loving people but "minorities" take our kindness for weakness

For instance Tariq was on that radio show saying how he couldn't get on The Breakfast Club or Hot 97 like he has in the past with his black history documentaries because all the program directors at the stations are Latino. Everybody from the top down is Latino/non black and they ain't trying to hear the truth that they had nothing to do with the creation of this thing.

Now we done gave all these Latinos a avenue to succeed in life by being the middleman between artists and the consumer, then they gatekeep the fucking radio stations and we have to dance to their tune to get proper promotion

Power 105 in La is like all Mexican women and big boy. There's no hip hop energy in that studio. Big boy be having to hear about their quinceaneras and fiestas everyday smh
Exactly we're saying the samething. The anti black racism in the record industry/society is the problem.

I agree with the time stamped part.
We're all Africans yes(the black diaspora) but it's a disservice to say whatever we created being away from Africa aren't our creations but Africas.

Always felt uneasy about that.

Yea the drum is in our soul but credit where credit is due.

I stopped at around 16 minutes lmao

Mans got real African American supremacist around them parts šŸ˜‚

Nah you got to stop looking at shit like that

That's like comparing a prisoners "we all we got" mentality to the Wardens.

You should fully understand why lifelong prisoners who have benefited all the other inmates are finally drawing the line.

Black Americans are tired of being doormats and mules for everyone. We get nothing out of all our love we've shown the world. We've got nothing out of sharing our culture with the world. If you're own code with black empowerment, which you obviously are, the harsh rhetoric doesn't even apply to you

Man, you gotta admit one thing thoughā€¦

Black Americans being such a tiny minority, have inspired the world in a way no other group ever has.

We donā€™t get inspiration from black Canadians, they get their inspiration from us.

No disrespect, but I couldnā€™t tell you one thing about black Canadian culture, but I guarantee they know all about the way we walk, talk, dress, etcā€¦.

Everything Puerto Ricans (and everybody else) learned about being cool, they learned from us. Not the other way around.

We know almost nothing about these other groups, but they all get inspiration from a small little minority of black folks in the U.S.

I sometimes feel like weā€™ve earned an ā€œAfrican American Supremacistā€ complex.

Black Americans being such a tiny minority, have inspired the world in a way no other group ever has.

We donā€™t get inspiration from black Canadians, they get their inspiration from us.

No disrespect, but I couldnā€™t tell you one thing about black Canadian culture, but I guarantee they know all about the way we walk, talk, dress, etcā€¦.

Everything Puerto Ricans (and everybody else) learned about being cool, they learned from us. Not the other way around.

We know almost nothing about these other groups, but they all get inspiration from a small little minority of black folks in the U.S.

I sometimes feel like weā€™ve earned an ā€œAfrican American Supremacistā€ complex.
Lol.. but a complex is all that will ever be, if that, because having two Supremes is impossible. Only one thing can be Supreme. Unfortunately that is the cac, through his policies and practices. All a black man has is RHETORIC.

Seriously comparing rhetoric to actions is cowardly. Only people who say "black supremacist" in a serious way are white supremacists deflecting or black people who are afraid of fighting for justice...both cowards.

We are fighting for justice and empowerment, that's far from supremacy. If a few black non-americans feel insulted along the way because we are DELINEATING, so be it but delineation has nothing do with black supremacy.

Don't allow that false phrase to exist

I'm all for my people over here to be celebrated. Full stop!

It doesn't have to be because so & so doesn't do it like us though. I feel a lot of Americans have no idea what's going on in the rest of the world. So to just feel like everything you do is the most influential, and everyone looks this way for coolness and style is just eh ....gotta get out more.

Gatekeeping with other black people is weird to me as well.
I don't think anyone from the diaspora doesn't recognize hip hop as Black American.

Back