Welcome To aBlackWeb

Microphone Check 🎤 ✅️

They have a horrible piggyback complex when it comes to black people. They do the "us too" thing every time the spotlight is on black people. It's almost like they feel obligated to step on our toes
I noticed this shit as a kid in this country yet it took y'all being adults and constantly being bombarded by it to have a change of heart.
Muhfuckin latinos emulate African Americans while seeing y'all as competition. Especially the non black ones that y'all quick to claim as fam.

Let a nigga that look like y'all but have a different accent say anything y'all don't agree with and it's jihad online from any nigga with an American flag by their name tho.

Can't make this shit up

I think this controversy is a little funny largely because of the source. This is Fat Joe. If you're ever heard him talk about anything, you know he's real loose with facts. He exaggerates everything. If Fat Joe said Blacks and Ricans created Hip Hop 50/50, the reality is Blacks threw a lot of Hip Hop parties back in the day and one or two Ricans were present at most of them.

Ricans can probably make the argument that they were present and some were even supportive of Hip Hop when it was in its formative stages. I think they mostly just want to distinguish themselves from white people and other groups who only came along after Hip Hop started to get a real buzz.

That's just how people are. It's sort of like when someone from a particular neighborhood goes on to be a big success. Suddenly, everyone from that neighborhood has some story about an interaction they had with that person because they want to claim some part in making that person a success.

The elements were in place before 73, Jamaicans or PR’s didn’t start hip hop.
It's black american music but we definitely had some of the same elements before or at least at the same time plus early rap is littered with Jamaicans.

Not a coincidence

I think this controversy is a little funny largely because of the source. This is Fat Joe. If you're ever heard him talk about anything, you know he's real loose with facts. He exaggerates everything. If Fat Joe said Blacks and Ricans created Hip Hop 50/50, the reality is Blacks threw a lot of Hip Hop parties back in the day and one or two Ricans were present at most of them.

Ricans can probably make the argument that they were present and some were even supportive of Hip Hop when it was in its formative stages. I think they mostly just want to distinguish themselves from white people and other groups who only came along after Hip Hop started to get a real buzz.

That's just how people are. It's sort of like when someone from a particular neighborhood goes on to be a big success. Suddenly, everyone from that neighborhood has some story about an interaction they had with that person because they want to claim some part in making that person a success.
Puerto Ricans are the first students of hip hop. It's weird that they don't want to stand on that alone. They should be proud of saying we're the first students of Hip Hop... but that's a good faith stance. Saying they created it 50/50 is a bad faith stance, it rings of colonizing. Thus the black American pushback

Puerto Ricans are the first students of hip hop. It's weird that they don't want to stand on that alone. They should be proud of saying we're the first students of Hip Hop... but that's a good faith stance. Saying they created it 50/50 is a bad faith stance, it rings of colonizing. Thus the black American pushback

Agree 100%. I think they were ok with that framing in the past, but as Hip Hop blew up, so did their desire to be recognized.

It's kinda weird for Fat Joe to take that stance though because he's said in the past that he was instrumental in putting a lot of Ricans on to Hip Hop. That's probably true, so he should know there's no way Ricans had a 50/50 part in creating Hip Hop if they had to be put onto it after it started popping.

What's the article say
And wtf does x after latin mean

If I’m not mistaken, Crazy Legs said that Puerto Ricans did not invent breakdancing on Drink Champs. He even said that they were looked down upon for being around hip hop at the time.

Hip hop’s elements didn’t all just happen in one day.

Like everything else, they have origins.

And they evolved over time.

Now, I ask you….

What kinda dances were Puerto Ricans doing in the 1940’s?

I’ll wait.

I swear I read the first part like, here we go with this black and brown shit again.

Secondly I can't buy dude is a perpetrator. I think some of the ish he came into late but he isn't Macklemore. If a black American born n bread in the states grew up in the burbs but had family in the hood and moved around, he can't take part in hip hop?

Thirdly I'm not black american (other than being a citizen) but I'm not no guest foh

Black people are all inclusive to a fault.

The fear of being called “racist” . SMH
Correction we've been conditioned to be all inclusive. Trust and believe it took time for us to get like that because systematic white supremacy made it illegal for us to own our intellectual property.

Back