Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael B Jordan calls out interviewer for calling him “corny” back in the day... Do you know where your birth certificate is🤔

....man fucc dat! In that particular situation, I'm activating Petty Mode.

Damn right I'm throwing it back in their face. Yeah my success speaks for me, but imma talk my ish to add to it. Now, that will be a one time...in the moment thing. After that...I'm done.

Oh but best believe she g'on get that reality reminder.

I could see what you're saying if she was trying to holla at him, but that's not what was going on. She was just doing her job. I'm not sure how anyone looks at that shit and doesn't see it as him still being butthurt over some high school shit. I guarantee you that shit wasn't hurt by what he said either. It was probably an ego boost for her. Imagine having an international superstar still in his feelings about some shit you did to him as a kid. Is that really the kind of reality reminder you want to give someone? lol

The thing is...the shit wasn't just in high school. The corny comment he was specifically referring to was some shit that girl cohost said on their radio show not that long ago when he was dating Lori Harvey. So it was a combination of "Not only did you have shit to say in high school, but you still talking shit now that we grown and im even more successful too?" Its not hard to see why he had that sort of energy for her. She's apparently 20 years of her life from HS til now hating on this nigga

I could see what you're saying if she was trying to holla at him, but that's not what was going on. She was just doing her job. I'm not sure how anyone looks at that shit and doesn't see it as him still being butthurt over some high school shit. I guarantee you that shit wasn't hurt by what he said either. It was probably an ego boost for her. Imagine having an international superstar still in his feelings about some shit you did to him as a kid. Is that really the kind of reality reminder you want to give someone? lol

...yes.

I dunno bout him being hurt and all that. But if I recognize a muthafucca who clowned me back in the day for being or doing something "different" wit my life...then you see me at MY premier wanting to interview me talmbout "We go back"...naw cuz. Ain't no keke'ing.

Imma keep it professional of course. But I will be on my "Yeah muthafucca. Look where being different got me" type of energy. Just only for that moment tho. After I'm done answering ya lil questions...you're forgotten. That's just me.

And this is coming from someone who got picked on or clowned for being bony. So I can kinda relate to his thought process in that moment. Yeah I know being the bigger person blah blah blah is fine and all. But once in a while when a moment like that comes up, it's hard not to return that energy they gave you.

Either way...salute to the brotha for proving them wrong.

I think people are missing the whole connotation of corny here. They aren't saying his acting his corny. They were literally calling him corny for even wanting to pursue his career that he is flourishing in right now. This is like calling LeBron James corny because he carried a basketball to school everyday or always wore basketball shorts under his school pants.

The worst part is that he already had a few projects under his belt before he even finished high school. So they were calling him corny while he was doing what he was doing. That sounds like straight up hating and projecting from them.

Last edited:
...yes.

I dunno bout him being hurt and all that. But if I recognize a muthafucca who clowned me back in the day for being or doing something "different" wit my life...then you see me at MY premier wanting to interview me talmbout "We go back"...naw cuz. Ain't no keke'ing.

Imma keep it professional of course. But I will be on my "Yeah muthafucca. Look where being different got me" type of energy. Just only for that moment tho. After I'm done answering ya lil questions...you're forgotten. That's just me.

And this is coming from someone who got picked on or clowned for being bony. So I can kinda relate to his thought process in that moment. Yeah I know being the bigger person blah blah blah is fine and all. But once in a while when a moment like that comes up, it's hard not to return that energy they gave you.

Either way...salute to the brotha for proving them wrong.

I hear you. I guess my high school was just brutal when it came to everybody picking on everybody. We learned to have thick skin. Nobody's hanging onto that shit.

That chick is doing her job. Do yours and keep it moving like you don't even know her. That probably would have hurt her more than the acknowledgement he gave her.

That's not specific to black folks. You don't think white kids get teased for doing shit out of the norm amongst their peers too?
I’m not going to go far with this in this thread but uh
There is a difference in cultures and the dominate society which we don’t have the privilege of being a part of or making mistakes.

I hear you. I guess my high school was just brutal when it came to everybody picking on everybody. We learned to have thick skin. Nobody's hanging onto that shit.

That chick is doing her job. Do yours and keep it moving like you don't even know her. That probably would have hurt her more than the acknowledgement he gave her.

If anybody is hanging onto anything it's her. She's the one who brought up him being corny on her radio show. So she got on her platform and projected her hate. How and when it gets back to him is irrelevant. Especially when they end up meeting up in a work setting for both of them which is on the red carpet.

So these two women can get on their platform and diss him and then they have to take their work to his platform on the red carpet and he's supposed to move on he's not the one who is bringing up old shit.

If it's beef you gotta bring it to the front door. They tried to bring it to the back door but the red carpet is his front door and there's no way that he should have to let it slide because now they are in his world with their manufactured dram.

I’m not going to go far with this in this thread but uh
There is a difference in cultures and the dominate society which we don’t have the privilege of being a part of or making mistakes.

This is true...but you also can't attribute normal teenage interactions as something "only our culture does" when that's just flat out wrong.

If anybody is hanging onto anything it's her. She's the one who brought up him being corny on her radio show. So she got on her platform and projected her hate. How and when it gets back to him is irrelevant. Especially when they end up meeting up in a work setting for both of them which is on the red carpet.

So these two women can get on their platform and diss him and then they have to take their work to his platform on the red carpet and he's supposed to move on he's not the one who is bringing up old shit.

If it's beef you gotta bring it to the front door. They tried to bring it to the back door but the red carpet is his front door and there's no way that he should have to let it slide because now they are in his world with their manufactured dram.

I must have gotten something mixed up. I thought he was just responding to what she called him in high school. If she's said something recently about him, then that's different.

To me shit like this is kinda corny regardless of whether it's a man or woman doing it. High school is high school. Shit can be rough, but people are immature and still growing. If you're a successful adult and still bitter because someone wasn't particularly nice to you in high school, you need to get over it.

She was just as guilty of not moving past it. He stated that shit as fact like ... nah we weren't friends or acquaintances you used to call me corny back then don't misrepresent how we know each other. That imo is fair. He did the interview probably reluctantly and she still did some disrespectful shit at the end.

She's the one that was being immature and needs to get over it.

I must have gotten something mixed up. I thought he was just responding to what she called him in high school. If she's said something recently about him, then that's different.
I thought he brought up how she called him corny in high school too. Didn't know he was bringing up her calling him corny recently

She did both. She called him corny in HS and her and her friend brought it back up again on the radio and doubled down. The other girl involved even went on IG and tripled down after this interview.

They're showing us who they are. Believe them.

She did both. She called him corny in HS and her and her friend brought it back up again on the radio and doubled down. The other girl involved even went on IG and tripled down after this interview.

They're showing us who they are. Believe them.

lol Don't get me confused. I can 100% believe this chick is a bird. My stance doesn't really have anything to do with her. It's more that I believe people shouldn't give a shit about what happened in high school decades later. I'm not saying you should be buddy buddy with people who tormented you. I just always thought it was corny for people to be on some "You made fun of me 20 years ago, well look at me now" type shit when they encounter people from their past.

I agree with ya'll that it's fair for him to let it be know that they weren't friends when she tried to imply that they were especially if she still running around talking shit about him. At the end of the day, it still doesn't hurt her. People like that are happy with any publicity, even if it's bad publicity.

All a man gotta do is get him a woman that’s emotionally and mentally develop. All of this corny talk as nothing to do with anything beyond women’s affiliation to you. Because it is how people outside of your relationship view you status in your relationship.

They feel like if you are corny as they believe, women shouldn’t want you, and if they want you, they only want you for what you can provide them. And if they want you for more than what you can provide them, they use it as a metric to feel superior in the belief that they can take your girl from you.

No one in the community is calling Lil Nas X corny, they aren’t calling the gay Santana dude corny, they aren’t calling Ru Paul, Lil Richard, or any other known homosexual black men corny. They call them other stuff. Hell they aren’t calling Zaire Wade corny, they’re calling her daddy corny.

Corny for men in our community is another way of projecting a feeling of being superior to that man in the ability to get women, and for women it’s an excuse they use for the bad decisions they make in pursuing dysfunctional men.

I was at a DMV one day when I was 17 and I forgot to wear deodorant that day. I could smell me, I was straight onion. I was trying keep my arm pits tight. So I’m there wit my Aunt and she got two hood ass friends that’s there wit us too. One of the hood friends turns around to a white guy next to me and calls him Stank.

And it was probably more than likely me..lol, but she rips into dude. Dude was like a emotionally frail guy I guess cause his face got red, he didn’t respond and he cried silent tears. His girl was right there and comforted him. She wasn’t ashamed of him, she felt bad for him cause she loved him.

If being corny gets you a woman like that, I’ll be corny all day. Cause being a real nigga get you a chick that buss out your windows, flattens your tires, shows up at your source of income trying to make you lose it over something small, puts you on child support and doesn’t let you see your kid, fucks some guy cause he got more swag than you, lies cheats and steals, doesn’t support you emotionally…but she looks ice spice.

Thinking that’s a win is corny

To me shit like this is kinda corny regardless of whether it's a man or woman doing it. High school is high school. Shit can be rough, but people are immature and still growing. If you're a successful adult and still bitter because someone wasn't particularly nice to you in high school, you need to get over it.

I do feel this whole I get scars from school can be legit but not everybody is going to think you’re cool.
The thing is...the shit wasn't just in high school. The corny comment he was specifically referring to was some shit that girl cohost said on their radio show not that long ago when he was dating Lori Harvey. So it was a combination of "Not only did you have shit to say in high school, but you still talking shit now that we grown and im even more successful too?" Its not hard to see why he had that sort of energy for her. She's apparently 20 years of her life from HS til now hating on this nigga

Ok see yea cuz I saw Dominique the Diva talk about it but I was confused cause she ain’t go to school with him. Yes she wild

She was just as guilty of not moving past it. He stated that shit as fact like ... nah we weren't friends or acquaintances you used to call me corny back then don't misrepresent how we know each other. That imo is fair. He did the interview probably reluctantly and she still did some disrespectful shit at the end.

She's the one that was being immature and needs to get over it.

Facts cuz honestly had she not said they were classmates none of this would be a thing.

All a man gotta do is get him a woman that’s emotionally and mentally develop. All of this corny talk as nothing to do with anything beyond women’s affiliation to you. Because it is how people outside of your relationship view you status in your relationship.

They feel like if you are corny as they believe, women shouldn’t want you, and if they want you, they only want you for what you can provide them. And if they want you for more than what you can provide them, they use it as a metric to feel superior in the belief that they can take your girl from you.

No one in the community is calling Lil Nas X corny, they aren’t calling the gay Santana dude corny, they aren’t calling Ru Paul, Lil Richard, or any other known homosexual black men corny. They call them other stuff. Hell they aren’t calling Zaire Wade corny, they’re calling her daddy corny.

Corny for men in our community is another way of projecting a feeling of being superior to that man in the ability to get women, and for women it’s an excuse they use for the bad decisions they make in pursuing dysfunctional men.

I was at a DMV one day when I was 17 and I forgot to wear deodorant that day. I could smell me, I was straight onion. I was trying keep my arm pits tight. So I’m there wit my Aunt and she got two hood ass friends that’s there wit us too. One of the hood friends turns around to a white guy next to me and calls him Stank.

And it was probably more than likely me..lol, but she rips into dude. Dude was like a emotionally frail guy I guess cause his face got red, he didn’t respond and he cried silent tears. His girl was right there and comforted him. She wasn’t ashamed of him, she felt bad for him cause she loved him.

If being corny gets you a woman like that, I’ll be corny all day. Cause being a real nigga get you a chick that buss out your windows, flattens your tires, shows up at your source of income trying to make you lose it over something small, puts you on child support and doesn’t let you see your kid, fucks some guy cause he got more swag than you, lies cheats and steals, doesn’t support you emotionally…but she looks ice spice.

Thinking that’s a win is corny

But there is a level between you just used some extremes

Back