Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

Me

You brought it up as to make a point for me or anyone who says it to stop saying it.

It's simple.

Move like a man, talk like a man, no nigga with 6-7 figures is walking something like @race down the aisle, let alone any real nigga.

Would YOU walk a woman down the aisle who says "aint nobody gonna check me" talk down on black men?

Kevin Samuels you gotta stop. You like men anyway

I swear we was making these exact same points in them KS threads.....niggas telling bitches (see what I did there? lol) how they should behave to get a man/relationship....or you look/act like XYZ that's why you single....only for meg to do none of that and still with a nigga who love her publicly.

Cuz niggas don’t know wtf we be talking about

She commonly lists Trina and UGK as her influences growing up. Her mother might have only held her back but the music industry only typically throws its weight behind female rappers are willing to do what Salt n Peppa, Kim, Foxy, Trina, Shawnna, Khia, Nicki, Iggy, Cardi, and all of the dolls agreed to do on the big stage.

"Give us the image of a hoe and we'll make you famous"

khia and Shawn a had like one song. You just stated this rap shit ain’t real and the fans know it. But then say they still influence negative behavior

I feel like some things would be different if her mother were still alive...

...and I ain’t go through all the pages so somebody probably pointed it out already, but man how symbolic is it to take this beautiful Black woman and make her shake her ass in/on a TRASH truck?

The label playin her out...

...this image is gettin old real fast, and it’s fucked up because she can actually spit.

1623497954400.gif

The video is OVERKILL with the twerkin. We get it. At some point, visually, it lost all its meaning.

And she actually had bars in the song.

I know. Sex sells. But the industry is only selling what people are buying. But parents really dont have any power over these adult entertainers. They can influence some of their decisions but that is it. That goes the same for the guys that talk about drugs, killing and sex. Most of them can separate life from entertainment. For some reason, people that dont know them cant.
I could not disagree with the bolded more.

The entertainment industry is unlike any other industry because they decide what they want to sell 100%. You literally consume what they sell by watching and listening. So all they have to do to get you to buy it is to convince you that you should watch and listen.

Why is it the same industry that funded BDP, X Clan, Public Enemy, and early Pac in the 80s and 90s now fund QC, Future, and Megan? Why is it that Jay Z, Rick Ross, Jeezy, Kanye, TI only start talking that Black power talk after becoming financially independent from their record labels? It's not because the people wanted to buy something different. It's because the industry is set on what it pushes.

thread is very interesting.

very good read.

i never really understood the catcalling rejection insults
but dudes just randomly calling chicks bitches .......will always be over the top.
that shit hurts my ears and i tend try to correct it.
maybe its more i can do.

ill look into it.

i really hope i never allowed a female on the site to feel disrespect by me.
and if so.........ill try to fix it.

have a good weekend everyone

I'm just now seeing the post you quoted.

Let's not be intellectually dishonest. We know what industry hoes look and act like. We also know what eventually happens to all hoes, especially industry hoes. Megan would stick out like a sore thumb in that crowd. The only thing hoe-like about her is her music, which is why even her fans recognize the montonomy of her content.

Even Amber Rose and Kim Kardashian check more boxes than her and they aren't real hoes either. Disclaimer: If you don't know the difference between a woman that dates or jumps into relationships alot versus a hoe, don't bother responding to this post.

Megan is as much of a hoe as Tekashi69 is a gang banger. But some of you keep wanting to beat the drum for wish world instead of real world. 95% of women will never get to be hoes in monogamous relationships anymore than gangsters get to have 401Ks.
This is the point I've been making throughout the thread fam.....hence me reinforcing and reiterating the "it's not the drag men think it is" part of meg's tweet....that women are going to be called or categorized as hoes/thots/bitches/sluts whatever whether they actually are or not. Female sexuality and the perception thereof is the one point of leverage males have over females.

Yes words mean things and no one is arguing what those words mean. But those terms have also been so overused and attenuated they dont mean anything. You're not doing anything to me by calling me a ho or insisting you have an issue with me hypothetically being one or acting like one.

This is the point I've been making throughout the thread fam.....hence me reinforcing and reiterating the "it's not the drag men think it is" part of meg's tweet....that women are going to be called or categorized as hoes/thots/bitches/sluts whatever whether they actually are or not. Female sexuality and the perception thereof is the one point of leverage males have over females.

Yes words mean things and no one is arguing what those words mean. But those terms have also been so overused and attenuated they dont mean anything. You're not doing anything to me by calling me a ho or insisting you have an issue with me hypothetically being one.
We don't disagree on situational leverage.

What we disagree with is the context of words. A word being overused does not negate its meaning. We aren't arguing what words mean. But you're arguing that a word loses meaning just by someone using it incorrectly and I think that is nonsense. Calling a woman who is not a hoe does not take away the meaning of the word hoe. And if a hoe is never called a hoe, that still won't change the meaning of the word.

Also... why the hell would you want to hypothetically be a hoe?

The entertainment industry is unlike any other industry because they decide what they want to sell 100%. You literally consume what they sell by watching and listening. So all they have to do to get you to buy it is to convince you that you should watch and listen.

Why is it the same industry that funded BDP, X Clan, Public Enemy, and early Pac in the 80s and 90s now fund QC, Future, and Megan? Why is it that Jay Z, Rick Ross, Jeezy, Kanye, TI only start talking that Black power talk after becoming financially independent from their record labels? It's not because the people wanted to buy something different. It's because the industry is set on what it pushes.
To add on to what you posted.

We don't disagree on situational leverage.

What we disagree with is the context of words. A word being overused does not negate its meaning. We aren't arguing what words mean. But you're arguing that a word loses meaning just by someone using it incorrectly and I think that is nonsense. Calling a woman who is not a hoe does not take away the meaning of the word hoe. And if a hoe is never called a hoe, that still won't change the meaning of the word.

Also... why the hell would you want to hypothetically be a hoe?
It doesn't negate the definition. The word means what it means. But it absolutely does erode the impact and effect it's supposed to have...or the effect the offender thinks it should have.

Her mom was alive when megan was rapping the same. Most of these entertainers have at least one parent. What does that have to do with anything? They are still their own person
Her Mom didn't let her rap a certain way or be provocative and that didn't change until her Mom died. I believe she stated so very early on in interviews.

Last edited:
thread is very interesting.

very good read.

i never really understood the catcalling rejection insults
but dudes just randomly calling chicks bitches .......will always be over the top.
that shit hurts my ears and i tend try to correct it.
maybe its more i can do.

ill look into it.

i really hope i never allowed a female on the site to feel disrespect by me.
and if so.........ill try to fix it.

have a good weekend everyone
That's nice...

You can start by calling us women

Back