Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mase Calls Out Puff For Bad Business & Not Letting Him Buy His Publishing Back

Its all well and good saying artists should have 'gotten a lawyer' but when there is only ONE label or label with connections offering you a 'take it or leave it' deal then its either the artists take the deal and the money, the opportunities and everything that comes with it or they go back to the block and the grind of trying to find another label... So alot of artists had no choice but sign those fckd up contracts...

Also back in the 80s and the 90s there was no social media and real independent opportunities like there is today, yeah majors had big budgets but getting a contract was like hitting the lotto...

What's Mase's point though? He should be the one guy in the world that a legally binding contract shouldn't apply to?

He has 2 million for some publishing but can't hire a lawyer if he really has a case?

Someone please tell me how Mase was wronged by Puffy.
To decipher Mase s missive....he s saying he doesn’t carry any ill will and wasn’t gonna trip about the publishing shit until he had his weight up but if Puffy is talking that positivity let’s do right by each other than he needs to lead by example...and the first step according to Mase would be returning his publishing.....plus from Mase POV Puffy is pegged as a near billionaire remember? So it should be nothing for him to do the right thing as he wants others to do and sell him his shit back

Nas never got jerked, he did a great when he signed his first deal. That deal has to be the best ever.

Nas gotta be one of the smartest in the game

nah, it was on base.

literally everyone after me keeps saying “dangle some money in front of someone that doesn’t have shit and watch what happens”.

Remember the episode of making the band where they were about to sign their contracts but Sarah Stokes wanted to make sure her shit was looked over first?

The whole band was pissed because if she didn’t sign, none of them would get any money.

and what she end up doing? Signing and losing big.

And so did everybody else in that group. All Sarah wanted to do was make sure shit was straight!

damn man I just looked her up she went through a lot like damn it’s dumb af when everybody stupid but you

Its all well and good saying artists should have 'gotten a lawyer' but when there is only ONE label or label with connections offering you a 'take it or leave it' deal then its either the artists take the deal and the money, the opportunities and everything that comes with it or they go back to the block and the grind of trying to find another label... So alot of artists had no choice but sign those fckd up contracts...

Also back in the 80s and the 90s there was no social media and real independent opportunities like there is today, yeah majors had big budgets but getting a contract was like hitting the lotto...

facts like not everybody read the source and knew the record companies were shady niggas ain’t even talk about indecent artists until the 2000s.

This shit is like you join the army go to college for free and then when a war breaks out you're like... nah but I was young when I did that.

Sorry it's not fair but a whole lotta people didn't fall for the mousetrap you gotta take your lumps. Otherwise address the system not Puffy. LMAO.

I mean but we also know the military targets dumb kids as soon as high school starts fortunately we not fighting Russia or nothing I think folks are just saying 18 year old poor kids while they are adults aren’t mature they literally stupid. So saying they should know better because they got jerked is crazy. I mean they give college kids credit cards for the same reason

Nah 50 was gonna buy Ma$e's contract from Puff but Puff wanted $2 million for it (this is 2005). 50 didnt wanna pay that and famously said "Mase aint worth $2 mil today with $2 mil in his pocket". 50 also said that Puff and Jay-Z were the types that felt you were taking from them on some ego shit (because he also tried to pay $2 million for Beanie Sigel as well right around the time Jay-Z had Beans maced no pun intended and arrested at one of his shows). I think Mase signed to Gunit for a year, toured and then that was it.

Ahh ok yeah its kinda blurry in my mind, I thought 50 also said Ma$e was kinda on some grimey schitt too haha like he was trying to play/get money from both sides... I might be wrong...

50 was trying to get him out his recording contract with Bad Boy Records...

The publishing contract is a whole other contract with another company that Puff owns...

This is sorta relevant, but I believe you sometimes can tell a lot about a person by how their kids act. When I see these rap niggas that got money before their kids were born, or when they were super young, and their kids dont act like regular upper class kids from the burbs. Im giving them the side eye. That alone lets me know they on some other shit. For a few years now I been hearing about how Diddy sons be in the hood with hood niggas. Flying them out on his dads private jet n shit.

More proof black capitalist arnt real. They're capitalist and then theres everyone else. They'll say w/e to justify the foul shit they do. They're fav phrase is "its just business".

Like Antionio Moore said, "If you're black and I find out you're taking advantage of black people, you cant tell me nothing".

Like how NORE told the story of the label and Combat Jack jerking him in a contract.
Nah homie

Let me point something out.
Puffy made the money but most likely his kids suffer from not knowing how to deal with being black and having money.
Far too many times rich black kids fall into the " you not hood so you not black" trick.
And they try to prove they down by hanging in the hood and being the lick.
Which kinda fucked up because being black don't mean Hood.
Let them stop paying for shit....Hungry wolves are dangerous.

Back