Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mase Calls Out Puff For Bad Business & Not Letting Him Buy His Publishing Back

bullshit.

There's enough rappers out there that had their deals straightened out by a lawyer before signing a contract. These other niggas was just plain dumb and we need to stop making excuses for them being dumb.

Fuck alladat.

This was like the mid 90s I mean it’s obvious they were taken advantage of

My point is a contract is a contract. If you're in a place where you sign a contract that's less than favorable to you but on the other side of the coin as a result of that contract you end up in a much better place in life and you would have done things differently had you known you gotta count your blessings.

If Mase never signed that wack contract with Puff would he have 2 million dollars to rub together?

Sorry if I'm not seeing him as a victim here. Can all the members of his bogus ass church get points on his publishing if he gets his shit back since they essentially signed a fugazi contract with him?

This is sorta relevant, but I believe you sometimes can tell a lot about a person by how their kids act. When I see these rap niggas that got money before their kids were born, or when they were super young, and their kids dont act like regular upper class kids from the burbs. Im giving them the side eye. That alone lets me know they on some other shit. For a few years now I been hearing about how Diddy sons be in the hood with hood niggas. Flying them out on his dads private jet n shit.

More proof black capitalist arnt real. They're capitalist and then theres everyone else. They'll say w/e to justify the foul shit they do. They're fav phrase is "its just business".

Like Antionio Moore said, "If you're black and I find out you're taking advantage of black people, you cant tell me nothing".

GeT A LAwYer

most of the time the lawyer worked for the label

stop being revisionists
Like how NORE told the story of the label and Combat Jack jerking him in a contract.

Fam... They write it out and say "I'm finna fuck you out of everything" and these niggas sign it.

I get it bro people should be smarter. But damn not to sound like moral Orel by why niggas can’t do right by their mans because they supposed too. Shouldn’t be no reason these folks broke but did all the work.

Fam... They write it out and say "I'm finna fuck you out of everything" and these niggas sign it.

The funny part is Mase is a success story. Most of these dudes sign these contracts and end up worse off than when they signed. Mase is waaaay better off than he ever would have been if he didn't sign with Puffy so what's his gripe?

Let me hear about somebody trying to buy their contract back from Tommy Motolla, Jimmy Iovine or Clive Davis for less than market value.

The funny part is Mase is a success story. Most of these dudes sign these contracts and end up worse off than when they signed. Mase is waaaay better off than he ever would have been if he didn't sign with Puffy so what's his gripe?

You serious? Do you have a job where you make money? If so you are better off than being jobless so I guess if you find out that your company has been stealing thousands from you over the years whats the gripe? Like people are supposed to be ok with getting ripped off massively and enjoy the crumbs their millionaire bosses throw at them

And let me just put this out there... if Puffy caved again after the Lox situation that would mean every single person ever signed to bad boy would start a campaign against him to hand over their publishing. I was actually shocked that he capitulated to the Lox (but who knows what was going on behind the scenes there).

Sorry but in the real grown up world a contract means something and if you can rap about adult themes you should be adult enough to take your L's.

You serious? Do you have a job where you make money? If so you are better off than being jobless so I guess if you find out that your company has been stealing thousands from you over the years whats the gripe? Like people are supposed to be ok with getting ripped off massively and enjoy the crumbs their millionaire bosses throw at them

lol nobody stole shit from Mase. Otherwise he could easily go to the police. If Mase never signed that contract with Puff... I'm not gonna say it but look at his peer group from that time. Who's even still here? Cam? And that's pretty much it. It could be argued that puffy saved dude's life and made him a multi-millionarire (apparently - i don't believe Mase has 2m liquid).
).

I get it bro people should be smarter. But damn not to sound like moral Orel by why niggas can’t do right by their mans because they supposed too. Shouldn’t be no reason these folks broke but did all the work.

And that's true, but most record labels are out for self, so they try their best to get everything they can from their artists no matter what. This is why we now have 360 deals, so the labels are now gettin money off of everything an artist does, even touring which they never used to get.

koncept...tell this to a 19 year old from the ghetto

get out yo time machine and stop projecting what these then kids should've been doing. You know shit dont work like that

Not taking the time to protect yourself is reckless, and I'm not about to sit here and cosign their reckless behavior. Them niggas were adults when they signed them contracts.

There is something called predatory tacticts that people use to get people to sign bad deals. There are tons of people that go to court after signing a bad deal and get it straightened out. Its not as simple as he shouldnt have signed.

Not just in music too. Just recently a group of 5 who went to jail as teenagers for a crime they didnt commit got released. These kids were caught by cops who used predatory interogation tacticts to have these kids sign off their rights to a lawyer and force false confessions. These kids were 15-17 and did damn near 20 years in jail. They finally got released.

To hear some of yall, "they shoulda never signed away their rights"

I swear some of yall stupid man.

Predatory tacticts are used mostly against young, ignorant, mostly black youth to get them to sign bad deals. When you 19, from a tough ass place like Harlem, have nothing but drugs around you, amd come from a system of economics built to keep you down you dont give a fuck about a lawyer and sign off 90% of whats supposed to be your profits.

This shit is real and goes to court all the time. The reason why alot of these dont get overturned in court is cause the justice system dont give a fuck bout black people.

I been having to call mfers stupid on this forum way to much this last week. Yall need to step it up.

Keep it real. Bad Boy was the most overrated hip hop label in the history of the game. Outside of Big and The Lox they didn't have shit. Black Rob had potential but Puff fucked him so hard that his career was cut short. Fag agg Mase was corny as fuck and the rest of those clowns were just fucking clowns.

Bad Boy was a dope R&B label but that's it. They were pure ass juice when it came to rap. In the words of the goat:
"Fuck Bad Boy as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew
And if you want to be down with Bad Boy, then fuck you too!!!"

This is quite the fucking hot take considering actual history. Impressive.

Hire a lawyer with what money btw?

You know what this is like?

I did my taxes the other day and HR block was like you dont have to pay us anything now, we can take it out your return. Im like word? Cool. Then I see they charging me an extra $50 to take the shit from my return.

I was like wtf? Why would I do that? Gave them my card to put they little charge on it and saved me a $50.

Then i started thinking how disgusting that shit is cause there are tons of people that NEED their tax returns and dont have the $60 or whatever HR Block is charging and have no choice but to give them $50 for no reason.

And it was HR block in my case but all these apps and companies do this this.

They literally preying on poor people who they know cant pay the fees and taking their $50.

Telling a poor 19 year old who comes from generations of poverty to get a lawyer is the same shit. Especially from a place like Harlem. Like yo get a lawyer with whose money?

Its why its called predatory tacticts and more and more light is being shed on it. Not just in music contracts but all over.

Back