Welcome To aBlackWeb

Y’all ready to pay $20 for black widow? Which isn’t bad if you watch it with someone
I aint trying to pay for watching a movie at home, but if they released it for free and in the available theaters I think they could turn a profit maybe by getting more subscribers and cashing in on overseas similar to how WW84 did. It is pretty unfortunate, but im guessing with Black Widow being a standalone film and not necessarily one that pushes the MCU forward (maybe it does though) with Natasha being dead, they would rather just save it and wait for theaters to open back up and release it then.

After their success with Mulan i cant imagine why they wouldnt have already. Even releasing it for free would be of benefit. Apparently Disney had a movie released the same day as wonder woman and Disney+ and HBO Max both had spikes in their subscriptions. Disney+ had more subscribers but of course HBO Max is twice as expensive. I dont know the official numbers, but if HBO Max got more than half the subscribers disney did, i would consider that a major win for them

Was just reading an article bout that this morning.

HBOMax had like 550K new subs

Disney had 2M plus.

I aint trying to pay for watching a movie at home, but if they released it for free and in the available theaters I think they could turn a profit maybe by getting more subscribers and cashing in on overseas similar to how WW84 did. It is pretty unfortunate, but im guessing with Black Widow being a standalone film and not necessarily one that pushes the MCU forward (maybe it does though) with Natasha being dead, they would rather just save it and wait for theaters to open back up and release it then.
But Lou if you was going to the movies you would be paying close to that anyways (under normal circumstances)

You don’t got that at home?

View attachment 431822

peasant
giphy.gif

When i pay big money i prefer it to be on an experience that i can cherish for a lifetime. Not something that can break or needs to be upgraded to the newest technology. You watch your text tone young lady.

I ain't paying extra
1. You’re broke

2. You laugh at the notion because nobody would pay $20 for a DC movie

3. You’re broke

4. Studios gotta make money man. WW84 got new subscribers that’s cool but if you invest more money into the studios then it can lead to more theatrical content on these streaming platforms and the money to fund everything

After their success with Mulan i cant imagine why they wouldnt have already. Even releasing it for free would be of benefit. Apparently Disney had a movie released the same day as wonder woman and Disney+ and HBO Max both had spikes in their subscriptions. Disney+ had more subscribers but of course HBO Max is twice as expensive. I dont know the official numbers, but if HBO Max got more than half the subscribers disney did, i would consider that a major win for them
That Mulan shit was more a failure than success.

They'll try it again but not like that.

Back