Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm watching a show where the script is often overly dramatic the way certain characters are written.

Notice how Luke Cage and Shades talk versus how the pastor and Bushmaster talk versus how Misty and Moriah talk. It's like they're pulled from completely different shows.

You have to notice exposition when it's happens versus a character is shooting shit. They said ol boy was like a brother to Shades.
Bruh, I get what you're saying but them niggas gay

From an interview Theo Rossi (Shades) did

What was your reaction during the table read of the revelation of Shade's and Comanche’s relationship?

Incredible. Beautiful. Because all you ask for, as an actor and as an artist in this business is layers and history. What has this person been through, what have their relationships been, who did they love, who have they not loved, who do they hate? All that does is build a more complex character, for bad and for good. We started to find out things, about how in season one, we found out how much he admired the Stokes family. How much they were almost like his role models growing up.

That was really kind of what we knew. We found out that him and Cornell had known each other their whole lives. We found out that he was in the Rivals at one point with Comanche, but that was it. We didn't get to meet Comanche, until now. When I found out about that, which was pretty early on. I knew way before we were filming that ...I just thought it was absolutely beautiful and more importantly, what our show did ... we tackled things that nobody is doing.

I'm pretty good with the MCU and I'm usually, definitely, better with comics, but in the television and film sense, this has not been done, not like this. It definitely hasn't been done in this atmosphere of gangsters and street culture, within the Marvel universe. These are true characters that would not do that. You have to understand these are two OG characters from the 1972 arc... These are guys from jump, from the beginning. So I thought [showrunner] Cheo Hodari Coker and [producer] Aïda Mashaka Croal ... I have to give Aïda so much credit, one of the writer-producers who really kind of conceptualized this with Cheo ... I just thought it was so beautifully done, that's the best that I can say. Also, at the same time, so incredibly heartbreaking for the way it goes.

the scene in episode 6 when them niggaz was back to back in pops shop was clear as fuck..... but yea, that shit wasn't needed

to theo's point it did add extra layers when you re watch it...

so i'll take back my comment it wasn't needed.. it was uncomfortable..but it added another level of complexity to both those characters which made the death more real.....

so i'll give the gay a pass this time...

Fair....

Back