Welcome To aBlackWeb

I cant believe y'all cant see how bland she was in this movie!

tenor.gif

Most main characters are bland.But also she's a military woman.she is literally kinda stiff.She's a soldier.And she kinda seems like she drew influence from terminator and T 2

But yeah often the main character of a story is supposed to be a blank slate and the characters around them add the personality.

They're made blank so the audience can ID with them.Kinda like how Neo just looks blank and dumb most of The Matrix.

So can she act or they giving her the Jennifer Lawrence treatment? I ain't seen Room so idk but I remember it pretty much being written in the stars she was gonna win all awards season.

Jennifer Lawrence isn't a bad actress to me

I actually thinks she has the look and personality to be a better Capt Marvel

a movie can be both solid and lackluster sir

We must be working off different definitions of either or both words then.

I was waiting for someone to point out that she's an oscar winning actress. Just wanted to see how many would make the claim that she can't act before someone said it.

Most main characters are bland.But also she's a military woman.she is literally kinda stiff.She's a soldier.And she kinda seems like she drew influence from terminator and T 2

But yeah often the main character of a story is supposed to be a blank slate and the characters around them add the personality.

They're made blank so the audience can ID with them.Kinda like how Neo just looks blank and dumb most of The Matrix.

Aint shit blank about Cap, Thor, Ironman, Hulk etc....

These are established characters for decades.

Making her soooo "blank" did not work

We must be working off different definitions of either or both words then.

I was waiting for someone to point out that she's an oscar winning actress. Just wanted to see how many would make the claim that she can't act before someone said it.

You can have a great performance in one movie and be shitty in another.

Pursuit of Happiness and After Earth

So can she act or they giving her the Jennifer Lawrence treatment? I ain't seen Room so idk but I remember it pretty much being written in the stars she was gonna win all awards season.

She was just aite IMO.. Her and Jennifer Lawrence are around the same with regards to acting ability to me, so make of that what you will lol

Aint shit blank about Cap, Thor, Ironman, Hulk etc....

These are established characters for decades.

Making her soooo "blank" did not work

Besides Ironman

Hulk,Thor,and Cap are pretty blank and bland by themselves

Thor just got personality

Hulk isn't flamboyant in human form and doesn't have a solo movie that that actor stars in

Cap is a boy scout

That's fine. I just think you maybe are comparing it to what phase marvel is in rather than comparing it to the origin movies after phase 1

Doctor strange
Antman
Guardians

I'm not gonna use black panther because he was introduced in civil war

When compared to the ones I stated, is it closer to thor the dark world and hulk or ant man and doctor strange that got criticism saying it was an iron man reskin

No I'm basing my opinion off the acting, the storyline( was decent it was cool. I like how they introduced the 90s era in there). I dont know if they were rushing the movie so they could get her placed in so they can move on to the next stage, but I honestly dont think this movie was ready to be released. Like the only good thing about this movie was Samuel and some of the visuals. I have a certain standard when it comes to these types of movies and i left the movie theatre feeling like I wasted my time. I know this movie I'm about to mention has Nothing To do with Captain Marvel but when i watched Alita, I was lit af. I didnt feel like that leaving captain marvel. Even the fighting scenes in it was whack to me. I dont dislike it ALL. there are some things that I do like. But overall the movie, to me is trash.
I understand that Captain Marvel needed her own movie because of how significant she is in the next installment. I just wish they couldve took more time on the story and the acting and the movie as a whole. I didnt give it one star. I gave it 5 1/2. But thats still trash to me. I might be harsh because of the career field I chose, I guess. Oh well it is what it is. Im still gone watch the next one with my 3D glasses on in the middle of the rows like:
giphy.gif

No I'm basing my opinion off the acting, the storyline( was decent it was cool. I like how they introduced the 90s era in there). I dont know if they were rushing the movie so they could get her placed in so they can move on to the next stage, but I honestly dont think this movie was ready to be released. Like the only good thing about this movie was Samuel and some of the visuals. I have a certain standard when it comes to these types of movies and i left the movie theatre feeling like I wasted my time. I know this movie I'm about to mention has Nothing To do with Captain Marvel but when i watched Alita, I was lit af. I didnt feel like that leaving captain marvel. Even the fighting scenes in it was whack to me. I dont dislike it ALL. there are some things that I do like. But overall the movie, to me is trash.
I understand that Captain Marvel needed her own movie because of how significant she is in the next installment. I just wish they couldve took more time on the story and the acting and the movie as a whole. I didnt give it one star. I gave it 5 1/2. But thats still trash to me. I might be harsh because of the career field I chose, I guess. Oh well it is what it is. Im still gone watch the next one with my 3D glasses on in the middle of the rows like:
giphy.gif

Alita was fire

giphy.gif
You got it lol

And I feel you I'll just say I disagree and you work in production or something? If you don't mind me asking

Capt Marvel should have been in IW to weave her in the storyline like how Black Panther was.

I feel like something happened in the studio

Like possibly she was supposed to be in GOTG 3 until that got cancelled.

Back